• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Agnes’ little musical number reveal was Disney channeling past similar lady characters that Disney tends to specialize in. And the music was pure Disney.

Like many TV shows using 'the big reveal' as an audience goof, this was a fun way to play this out.

Heck, even FX's Legion used scenes like this as the big zinger.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Agnes’ little musical number reveal was Disney channeling past similar lady characters that Disney tends to specialize in. And the music was pure Disney.

Yep.  Best line by Hahn in the whole series is now "...and I killed Sparky, too!"  :grin:

Impossible to believe that's Agatha casting herself as the villain, so it suddenly smacked me in the face as obvious that Mephisto would be mixing illusion in with what's actually happening in Westview within the Wandavision show.  So why do Wanda and Vision seem oblivious to the show at times, yet there they are cooperating with it fully with full sitcom tropes at others?  Before now I was thinking it may be Mephisto altering Wanda's memories, but now I'm thinking it may be because the former is reality while the latter is illusion edited in.  That also makes more sense for why Vision would be cooperating with the show since I can't just accept as a given that Mephisto could alter his memories, too.

I suddenly need to go back and watch the Wandavision segments again to figure out what's likely to be actually happening within the hex and what is being falsely edited in.  :ohnoez:

Edited by fantastic_four

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

So the rumor of who brought Monica the vehicle turned out to be a twist...

Reveal hidden contents

To nothing big. :p

And I think the reveal we saw is just the beginning of who is really controlling the entire situation. What we got this morning felt too obvious. :popcorn:

I keep coming back to the line from one of the children - when he said: I like you, because you’re quiet inside.

(or something close to that)

When he said that, I thought: She’s either good at shielding her thoughts, or some kind of empty vessel that a more major bad guy is using.

Some decent info revealed in the episode, and some good creepiness at the end. Still plenty of question unanswered too!

2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

That last little bit there of Ep 7 was pure Disney.

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

In what way (are you reading into)?

2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Absolutely... 

There was definitely a Disney Villainess vibe from set decoration to color palate.  I thought it was just 'me' that was reading too much into it. 

4e0e4fb52eec4f68e23a26995e933a9b.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

One thing that was off-putting from the start is that Wanda has NEVER displayed one OUNCE of a sense of humor in any way before this series, and she's EXTREMELY harsh.  Every time I re-watch the awesome Civil War airport battle and see her sternly tell Hawkeye "you're pulling your punches!" as he fought Widow I could feel the coldness in her voice.  This all made sense until now given the extremely difficult upbringing they must have had in Sokovia to be radicalized by HYDRA at such a young age, so seeing her whisk around like Lucille Ball or Carol Brady has been bizarre.  But when we see her exit the hex to confront Heyward she's back to her same cold, stern demeanor with the vague Eastern European accent.

So if I do re-watch the Wandavision segments looking for what's real and what isn't...perhaps NONE of her with an American accent or a sitcom demeanor is real.  hm

Edited by fantastic_four

22 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

And I think the reveal we saw is just the beginning of who is really controlling the entire situation. What we got this morning felt too obvious. :popcorn:

I mean the engineer could potentially be Talos' daughter disguised as a soldier. She knew Maria and Monica, so there's history there, I doubt every soldier knew the former director of SWORD, she's working on space exploration vehicles, and obviously she can't show her true form out in the open for reasons.

28 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

I keep coming back to the line from one of the children - when he said: I like you, because you’re quiet inside.

(or something close to that)

When he said that, I thought: She’s either good at shielding her thoughts, or some kind of empty vessel that a more major bad guy is using.

I wondered the same thing and assumed it was the former.

32 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Absolutely... 

There was definitely a Disney Villainess vibe from set decoration to color palate.  I thought it was just 'me' that was reading too much into it. 

4e0e4fb52eec4f68e23a26995e933a9b.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm a bit of a Disneyphile myself so I immediately picked up on the classic Disney Villainess and music vibe.

24 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

I mean the engineer could potentially be Talos' daughter disguised as a soldier. She knew Maria and Monica, so there's history there, I doubt every soldier knew the former director of SWORD, she's working on space exploration vehicles, and obviously she can't show her true form out in the open for reasons.

General Goodner was probably a Skrull. But I think also a misdirection to take our eyes off the prize. Marvel Studios has been working on their illusion tricks in the off time...

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

So we are just going to gloss over the engineer was no one

I think General Goodner was the aerospace engineer and I think also a Skrull ally. I don't think a SWORD agent would so brazenly oppose Director Heyward and the rest of SWORD if they were otherwise.

7 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Who is "General Goodner"?  I googled "general goodner marvel" and found nothing.

The general who Monica met on the ridge. I believe that's what the general's name was. The name means nothing comics wise, but that was Monica's contact. I think it was a Skrull. I think Nick Fury has Skrull spies planted throughout SWORD to make sure things stay legit.