• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's SHAZAM 2 starring Zackary Levi (4/1/22)
1 1

696 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2023 at 11:27 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

And is anyone gonna bring up Wonder Woman going on a date with Billy Batson Shazam? I guess Greek goddesses like ‘em young? And between WW84 and FOTG, Princess Diana sure displays a weird love life.

But granted this part more or less confirms Gal Gadot is out, as this was all done with a body double and face swap.

On 3/24/2023 at 12:17 PM, drotto said:

But granted this part more or less confirms Gal Gadot is out, as this was all done with a body double and face swap.

I'm not sure if you've seen FOTG, but in the Wonder Woman date scene, yes, we never see Diana's face, only her body, so for sure that was probably a body double. But it's definitely Gal Gadot's Diana who shows up at the end of FOTG. 

On 3/24/2023 at 2:19 PM, Gatsby77 said:

My favorite part was when they all went to hold hands together and said,

"It's SHAZAMin' Time!"

Don't forget when the Microsoft Paperclip was promoted to full superhero status by yelling "it's SHAZAMin' Time!" and became a Super-Powered Fountain Pen named Steve. (thumbsu

Edited by valiantman

On 3/26/2023 at 9:33 AM, media_junkie said:

Wow, I knew WB was going to take a bath on this film, but freaking $170m worldwide, that is just horrible.

Love beating a dead horse, so after a $22M WW weekend anything north of $150M seems optimistic 

On 3/26/2023 at 6:24 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Could be worse, tho.

Still not as large a % drop on its 2nd Friday as BvS.

At this point I don't think percentage matters, it is how much the movie made or lost.  

BVS had a budget of $250 million and it made $873 million globally (yes it should have done better), that is a 3.5x ratio, so it most likely made WB money (not as much as they hoped, but it turned a profit).

S:FOtG has a budget of $125 million and lets be generous and say it makes $200 million globally, that is a 1.6x ratio, so yeah it is going to lose WB money.

So sure, BvS had a bigger drop but it turned a profit, not so with S:FOtG.

On 3/26/2023 at 6:39 PM, media_junkie said:

At this point I don't think percentage matters, it is how much the movie made or lost.  

BVS had a budget of $250 million and it made $873 million globally (yes it should have done better), that is a 3.5x ratio, so it most likely made WB money (not as much as they hoped, but it turned a profit).

S:FOtG has a budget of $125 million and lets be generous and say it makes $200 million globally, that is a 1.6x ratio, so yeah it is going to lose WB money.

So sure, BvS had a bigger drop but it turned a profit, not so with S:FOtG.

That will never last in his memory. Since 2016, it has been about how to insert yet another BVS negative drop.

BVS_Hate.gif.07a09422c00e6abd29d7933b5513b922.gif

I love that line in The Dark Knight Rises. You can clearly tell Bane really doesn't mean it.

:roflmao:

To be fair, there have been other worse 2nd weekend drops.

Shazam 2's drop of 67.8% isn't as bad as:

• Elektra (-69%)
  • Batman v. Superman (-69.1%)
  • Jonah Hex (-69.7%)
  • The Suicide Squad (-71.5%)
  • Steel (-78%)

On 3/26/2023 at 7:58 PM, Gatsby77 said:

To be fair, there have been other worse 2nd weekend drops.

Shazam 2's drop of 67.8% isn't as bad as:

• Elektra (-69%)
  • Batman v. Superman (-69.1%)
  • Jonah Hex (-69.7%)
  • The Suicide Squad (-71.5%)
  • Steel (-78%)

You forgot one. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. Give credit where credit is due.

Antman3_2nd_weekdrop.PNG.8f8c9026cea9bf5a245e49dd76b48004.PNG

:baiting: