• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's SHAZAM 2 starring Zackary Levi (4/1/22)
1 1

696 posts in this topic

On 3/31/2023 at 7:59 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Never in a million years would I have been able to guess who Levi played in that movie.

I am literally shocked.

Agreed.

I had no idea he was in the film - and would not have recognized him from that photo.

Of course, I also fell asleep in the theater, and count that as the worst of the Marvel Phase 1 or Phase 2 films, so I might have just missed him...

SLATE: Zachary Levi’s Online Meltdown Over Shazam 2’s Flop Is More Entertaining Than the Movie Itself

Levi isn’t going to go down without a fight. Instead he’s been uploading a series of verbose, disconcertingly intense missives to his Twitter and Instagram, where he’s adjudicating beefs and desperately pleading for more ticket sales, and perpetually appears to be on the brink of tears.

“I’m coming to the defense of truth. Because truth is good. And we should all live in it,” says Levi, at the climax of one of his more rousing calls to action on the behalf of his family movie. (It begins, for some reason, with him singing the song “Lights” by Journey.) “Even if it might fly in the face of something we believed before.”

The specifics of Levi’s grievances will appear totally inconsequential to anyone who doesn’t possess a vested interest in the DC Extended Universe, and given the film’s opening domestic gross, you are likely to be one of those people. 

“We need to live in the truth!” he exclaims toward the end of the clip, addressing his “Shazamily.”

I've been told I'll be greatly interested in the after-credits scene. I was given the 3 initials, and have a vague idea. Could someone who's seen it please give me a (spoilered of course) rundown of it? And the bigger question; does it mean anything anyway with the change in regime? I don't want to get my hopes up AGAIN only to have them dashed AGAIN.

Edit: I should add that I REALLY don't want to have to watch this, regardless of how good it is or isn't. I hate the character, he's my least favourite superhero, I think he's awful and I can't understand how anyone likes him, and that he should have stayed in the 40's, a remnant of times past. He's just terrible. 

Edited by Cat

On 4/1/2023 at 11:36 PM, Cat said:

I've been told I'll be greatly interested in the after-credits scene. I was given the 3 initials, and have a vague idea. Could someone who's seen it please give me a (spoilered of course) rundown of it? And the bigger question; does it mean anything anyway with the change in regime? I don't want to get my hopes up AGAIN only to have them dashed AGAIN.

Edit: I should add that I REALLY don't want to have to watch this, regardless of how good it is or isn't. I hate the character, he's my least favourite superhero, I think he's awful and I can't understand how anyone likes him, and that he should have stayed in the 40's, a remnant of times past. He's just terrible. 

It doesn't mean anything

Spoiler

The first end credit has the people from Suicide Squad/Peacemaker approaching Shazam and inviting him to join the JSA - which he confuses with the JLA.  This is obviously going nowhere for the future.  The JSA as it appeared in the Black Adam film is dead.  And, after the performance of this movie, (this version) of Shazam is also dead.  

The second end credit is a call back to the end credit scene of the first Shazam movie, with the guy in jail and the talking caterpillar.  And he's still in jail waiting for the caterpillar, and the caterpillar is telling him he's almost ready but he still needs something, and - being a caterpillar - it takes him a long time to get to places, and it's kind of funny, but that's all.  

On 4/2/2023 at 9:56 AM, Bosco685 said:

It could be worse.

That puts it on VOD 21 days (3 weeks) after bowing in theaters.

Black Adam was available to watch on HBO Max 26 days after opening in theaters. 

On 4/2/2023 at 11:12 AM, Gatsby77 said:

It could be worse.

That puts it on VOD 21 days (3 weeks) after bowing in theaters.

Black Adam was available to watch on HBO Max 26 days after opening in theaters. 

Interesting

On 4/3/2023 at 12:50 AM, Axelrod said:

It doesn't mean anything

Hide contents

The first end credit has the people from Suicide Squad/Peacemaker approaching Shazam and inviting him to join the JSA - which he confuses with the JLA.  This is obviously going nowhere for the future.  The JSA as it appeared in the Black Adam film is dead.  And, after the performance of this movie, (this version) of Shazam is also dead.  

The second end credit is a call back to the end credit scene of the first Shazam movie, with the guy in jail and the talking caterpillar.  And he's still in jail waiting for the caterpillar, and the caterpillar is telling him he's almost ready but he still needs something, and - being a caterpillar - it takes him a long time to get to places, and it's kind of funny, but that's all.  

You're a legend, thank you. I actually got some more info on it from one of Zachary Levin's whinging posts, complaining that originally it was meant to be 

Spoiler

The ACTUAL JSA showing up to recruit him, but Dwaynr Johnson vetoed that appearance, according to Zachary Levi, leaving them scrambling to go with Plan B, the ARGUS handlers of Waller's. 

That's a real shame if true (I don't exactly know what to think of Levi's meltdown. I'd have loved to have seen who've have shown up to recruit him. That would have answered a lot of questions for me. 

Thanks for letting me know all this, Axelrod. You're an absolute legend of the best variety.