• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED!!! JUNK SALE! Huge sale with Tons of Comics and Weird Stuff
5 5

264 posts in this topic

SOLD!

Switch gears time...

Here is a lot of 4 late '90's early 20's art auction catalogs from Russ Cochran. #49,50,54 and 83.

Highligh is the issue with the spectacular Frazetta Thunda art. (starting bid $100-150K). Wonder what it went for? Seems like a great deal now I suppose. There is also EC art in full stories including hand colored Marie Severin watercolor studies done for the EC sets. I mean $300.-$500 for the MAD #1? What was I thinking? Pulp art, strip art, sketches... All the greats. This stuff is wonderful to just drool over. Included with be a couple of freebees as a surprise...

Was $40.   Then $30.   Now $25!

cochran1.jpg

cochran2.jpg

cochran3.jpg

cochran4.jpg

cochran5.jpg

cochran6.jpg

cochran7.jpg

cochran8.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Just now, Robot Man said:

Yeah, you seem to be getting slow in your old age...:roflmao:

heh.  just busy I'm afraid.  one of these days I'll have to focus again, spin up the ol' takebot full speed!

Turok Son of Stone #4 June-Aug 1956 Dell Pubs

Dinosaurs...:luhv:  A real fun read. Kind of like Tarzan with dinos.

Nice, tight, clean copy. Slight spine roll. A couple of long thin cover creases. A few wrinkles and a very tiny edge tear in middle, center of book. Solid, tightly bound copy with just average wear. Slightly yellow pages.

Was $30.   Now $25.

turok4a.jpg

turok4b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Police #125 April 1953 Quality Pubs

Tough later issue. Great bondage cover by Crandall. Nice art and bondage inside.

Cover is neatly split at spine up to the bottom staple. Lower right corner crease. Several tiny tears and other creases. Average general wear. Off white/white pages. Looks nice in a mylar and can be read easily.

$40.

police125a.jpg

police125b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Just now, Robot Man said:

Police #125 April 1953 Quality Pubs

Tough later issue. Great bondage cover by Crandall. Nice art and bondage inside.

Cover is neatly split at spine up to the bottom staple. Lower right corner crease. Several tiny tears and other creases. Average general wear. Off white/white pages. Looks nice in a mylar and can be read easily.

$40.

police125a.jpg

police125b.jpg

take

SOLD! (With discount)

OK, pardners, I promised weird...  Now everybody wants spinner racks to display their old books in. Here is an item for those of you with space problems.

A Comic Book Corral. Just the thing to keep mom happy and your precious books off the floor. From the 1950's. Supposed to be Roy Rogers but I'm not convinced. Made of painted tin. Full color with a little bending here and there but no rust or color loss. Be the talk of the neighborhood and make your mom happy!

When are you ever going to see something like this is a sales thread here???

$100. + $15. postage

comicbookcorrall1.jpg

comicbookcorrall12.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Super Magician V3#7 Nov 1944 Street and Smith Pubs

Another cool title that has been picking up some steam. Some GGA and poor treatment of the "enemy"...

Single staple issue that cover has become neatly detached. Tear at single staple. A light pencil name on back cover. No real tears or creases to speak of. Centerfold well attached to yellowed supple pages.

Was $45.   Then $40.   Now $35!

supermagicianv3#7a.jpg

supermagicianv3#7b.jpg

supermagicianv3#7c.jpg

supermagicianv3#7d.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Flash Gordon Movie "Graphic Novel" 1980 Golden Press Publishers

Heavy square bound cover with nice heavy full color pages inside. 64 pages of beautiful Al Williamson art inside! T treat to read.

Excellent condition. Bought new by me and carefully read once or twice.

Was $25.   Then $20.   Now $15.  Did I say all classic Al Williamson art???

flashgordon.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Two issues of Monsters Attack #1 and #2 1989 Globe Pubs

Wild monster stuff with art by Ditko, Severin and Gray Morrow among others. Great stuff if you are a monster fan!

Both are bright, clean and read only once by me. #2 has a slight bend at bottom due to sloppy storage. (sorry). Not creased and could be pressed in you choose. At bottom is my current "pressing device" if you want me to do it for you...:roflmao:

$25.

monstersattack1.jpg

monstersattack2.jpg

iron.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Famous Funnies #135 Oct 1945 Famous Funnies Pubs

Outstanding Halloween holiday cover!

Very slight spine roll. Very minimal light wear. No tears or creases. Everything bound well to covers. Yellowed 1945 paper is very flexible and supple. Nice copy of a popular issue.

$30.

famousfunnies135a.jpg

famousfunnies135b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Western Bandit Trails #2 April 1949 St. John Pubs

Outstanding Matt Baker GGA western cover!

Small piece out of top right cover. Small chip out of top left corner of cover. Has a long, thin tear most of the way across the cover through title. Neatly mended inside long ago with magic tape. Otherwise pretty minimal wear with no other tears or creases. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Nice, off white interior paper. Looks nice in a mylar.

$75.  Hot Baker for under a hundred dollars!

westernbandittrails1.jpg

westernbandittrails2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

OK, that's it for today.  Question for you folks?  My time is pretty open this week. Any time (west coast time) you'd like to see me post? Just want to give everyone a fair shot. Post and let me know or I'll just surprise you!  :roflmao:

More of the same tomorrow...

38 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Two issues of Monsters Attack #1 and #2 1989 Globe Pubs

Wild monster stuff with art by Ditko, Severin and Gray Morrow among others. Great stuff if you are a monster fan!

Both are bright, clean and read only once by me. #2 has a slight bend at bottom due to sloppy storage. (sorry). Not creased and could be pressed in you choose. At bottom is my current "pressing device" if you want me to do it for you...:roflmao:

$25.

monstersattack1.jpg

monstersattack2.jpg

iron.jpg

:takeit: