• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED!!! JUNK SALE! Huge sale with Tons of Comics and Weird Stuff
5 5

264 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Commander Battle and the Atomic Sub #3 Nov-Dec 1954 ACG Pubs

Classic Atom Age cover "It's an H-Bomb from the Moon!". H-Bomb explosion story with a great panel inside. Prime '50's R"Red Scare" material!

A bright, complete copy with no pieces missing to mar this classic cover. A little chippy at top. Small scrape on upper right side of cover edge. Cover is mostly, neatly split. Attached by about 3" in center. Not detached. No major creases. Slightly yellowed interior pages. Grab a nice presenting classic cover cheap!

$40.

commanderbattle1.jpg

commanderbattle2.jpg

commanderbattle3.jpg

Take

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Steve Geppi Magazines!

One of the true American success stories in comics. This man has created an empire from his humble beginnings as a mailman and comic collector. I've met him. A real nice guy with a love of the hobby in spite of his success and was very friendly to me. You get the following two magazines

Inside Collector July-Aug 1991 with a great cover. Article on his "origin" and photos of his incredible collection. Conversation and lots of photos including many early photos.

Inside Collector July-Aug 1993 Nice Geppi cover and article of the "Comic Collectibles Boom"

These are lavish full color magazines on nice paper. Heavy and full of other popular culture collectible articles as well.

Beautiful near mint condition. Read by me once or twice and put away. Very fun reads!

$15. for the pair postage will be more than comic books...

geppi.jpg

:takeit:

Mutt and Jeff Platinium Age pair Cupples and Leon Pubs

Great reads, really. Fun stuff from a bygone era

Book #16 1931 1/2 of title page missing. Cover is coming loose and split about 3" down from top. Still holding on to book though. Cover has some small creases and a tiny edge tear. No pieces missing which is common for these. Cream but very supple interior pages.

Book #17 1932 Complete and better shape but some kid wrote his name large in pencil on both front and back covers. Spine is nice and tight with no splitting. A few minor creases most notably in bottom right corner. No pieces missing. Better cream to off white interior pages.

Overstreet lists both of these as Scarce and for decent money but they are Platinium books... so

Was $50. Then $45. Now $40. for the pair. Pre-Superman comics!!!

mutt&jeff1.jpg

mutt&jeff2.jpg

mutt&jeff3.jpg

mutt&jeff4.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Gabby #6 March 1953 Quality Pubs

Outstanding GGA cover!  Candy and other teenage cuties inside too.

Bright, solid, complete copy. Has a couple small lower right corner creases and a tiny chip off. Bottom staple popped but book and centerfold still bound well to covers. Slight yellowing to upper right side of book. No other major tears or creases and no pieces missing. Interior paper is off white.

Was $25.   Still $25. Great book!

gabby1.jpg

gabby2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:

This GI Joe #35 that looks like it has been in a war goes to Gino. I'm sure you don't look anywhere near as good in a torn nurse uniform...:devil:  Thanks buddy!

hehehe!! you aren’t wrong there brother hahaha!! BUT my wife does!! :acclaim:

On 5/28/2019 at 7:50 PM, Robot Man said:

OK, pardners, I promised weird...  Now everybody wants spinner racks to display their old books in. Here is an item for those of you with space problems.

A Comic Book Corral. Just the thing to keep mom happy and your precious books off the floor. From the 1950's. Supposed to be Roy Rogers but I'm not convinced. Made of painted tin. Full color with a little bending here and there but no rust or color loss. Be the talk of the neighborhood and make your mom happy!

When are you ever going to see something like this is a sales thread here???

$100. + $15. postage

comicbookcorrall1.jpg

comicbookcorrall12.jpg

:takeit:  With discount  

Update with Price Drops...

Page 1

Frontline Combat #4. Was $85. Now $75

Miss America #35 Was $30. Now $25.

Super Comics #25 Was $40.  Now $35.

Page 2

Buck Rogers Pins  Was $75.  Now $70.

Strange Worlds#19 Was $150.  Now $130.

Mighty Atom  Was $50. Now $45.

Page 3

Russ Cochran Auction Lot Was $40 Now $30.

Turok #4 Was $30.  Now $25.

Super Magician V3#7 Was $45. Now $40.

Flash Gordon Al Williamson Book Was $25.  Now $20.

Page 4

Spy Hunters #17 Was $35.  Now $30.

Autum People PB Was $25.  Now $20.

Baseball Thrills #1 Was $40.  Now $35.

Wyatt Earp #19 Was $20.  Now $15.

Sport Thrills #12 Was $60.  Now $50.

Vault of Horror #38 Was $40.  Now $35.

Page 5

Amazing Ghost Stories #15 Was $125.  Now $110.

Superman Mags Were $10.  Now $8.

Leave it to Binky #24 Was $35.  Now $30.

Kid Colt Outlaw #6 Was $50.  Now $45.

Marvel Tales #130 Was $125.  Now $100.

Blazing #6 Was $25.  Now $20.

Superman Muscle Club Pin Was $45.  Now $40.

Superboy #57 Was $35.  Now $30.

Mutt & Jeff Pair of books were $50.  Now $45.

Gabby #6 Was $25.  Still $25.

Edited by Robot Man

22 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Famous Fantastic Mysteries Pulp Aug 1947 Better Pubs

Wild and beautiful Virgil Finlay torture cover by pretty girls!

A tight, clean copy with square, full paper spine. Very light interior front cover stain.Usual, small minor overhang cover tears so common with pulps. A few light creases on right side. Nice looking copy with very supple, yellowed interior pages.

Was $25.   Now $20.

pulpfantasticaug1.jpg

pulpfantasticaug2.jpg

pulpfantasticaug3.jpg

SOLD!

Got a little time so thought I'd post a few more...

Amazing Mysteries #33 July 1949 Marvel Pubs

Continuation of numbering from Human Torch. Scarce, first Marvel Horror title?

A lower grade but complete copy. Has a couple of tiny edge pieces out of covers. Book has seen some water. Staples are rusty with migration to center and a few stains. Centerfold detached at bottom staple. Cover still attached at top staple. Nice interior paper. Decent filler until you can ponyup for a nice copy.

WAS $120.   Now $100.

amazingmysteries1.jpg

amazingmysteries2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

True Comics #78 Aug 1949 Parents Magazine Pubs

Cool Stan Musial cover and story. The FBI's first bank robbery case crime story.

A very pretty, clean, bright, tight copy. Has a couple tiny spine bends and just very slight general wear. Smooth, tight spine with cover bound well to book and centerfold. Off white/White interior pages.

Was $35.  Then $30.   Now $25.!

true1.jpg

true2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

My Friend Irma #33 July 1953 Atlas Pubs

Great GGA series with nice DeCarlo art.

Bright, complete copy. Book neatly detached from cover. Has some abrasion in bottom left corner. Minor spine stress. Upper right corner crease. Small piece out of back cover at spine. Off white interior paper.

Was $25.   Still $25.

irma33a.jpg

irma33b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

17 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Rangers #14 Dec 1943 Friction House Pubs

Overstreet lists this as " Classic Japanese bondage/torture WWII cover" I would have to humbly agree. Also full of bondage, torture, GGA and the usual FH fare. Rarely seen early issue. Most people who have it want to keep it. I just upgraded so I can cut it loose.

It's low grade but has a nice cover with no pieces missing and great color. Cover is detached and torn at both staples. Slightly rolled spine. Book is complete with 60 pages (including covers). Centerfold is detached and a little ragged along the right side. Has one of those weird paper shortage short wraps in center is probably why it is detached. Has a lot of tiny edge tears mostly on back cover. Nice white/off white interior pages.

Sorry for the funky lighting on back cover. Photo was taken outside in late afternoon.

$300. Ooops, really blew this one. I meant to type a 3 not a 4. Bondage gets me excited!

rangers14a.jpg

rangers14b.jpg

The Neon Wilderness 1949 Avon Paperback #222

Classic  prostitute cover later used in the Avon comic book Intimate Confessions #1

A little worn but complete with no pieces missing and a full paper spine. 1st page has neatly come lose inside. Some wear and tear but very presentable.

Was $20.   Then $15.  Now $10.!  Now, that's a cheap prostitute!

pbneon1.jpg

pbneon2.jpg

pbneon3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man