• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED!!! JUNK SALE! Huge sale with Tons of Comics and Weird Stuff
5 5

264 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

3 issues of the Alter Ego Fanzine. #1,  #11, and #21.

#1 has a Stan Lee and Julius Schwartz cover. Stan is roasted by Julius. JLA back cover. Interview with GA Green Lantern Irwin Hansen and more

#11 is an all Timely tribute issue lots of other GA features as well

#21 is a good one. Very obscure Dave Stevens Sheena cover. If you are a Stevens completest, you need this one. Paging Mike... Sheena tribute issue featuring Baker, Frazetta, Crandall, Eisner and more. LOTS of Friction house info. Has a small finger print on right side of cover.

$25. for all 3. The Stevens cover is worth it alone.

alterego.jpg

Take

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Speed Comics #41 Jan 1946 Harvey Pubs

Nice WWII cover and content. Shock Gibson, Girl Commandos and more. Great title in hot demand. I just can't find or touch these anymore. :sorry:

Nice looking book. Flat, bright and smooth spine. Upper right corner is rounding a bit. A few light creases that do not break color. Small tear at top of back cover. Book and centerfold snug to covers. Interior paper is cream.

$125.

speed41a.jpg

speed41b.jpg

I'll take this one

Update with Price Drops...

Page 1

Frontline Combat #4. Was $85. Now $75

Miss America #35 Was $30. Now $25.

Super Comics #25 Was $40.  Now $35.

Page 2

Buck Rogers Pins  Was $75.  Now $70.

Strange Worlds#19 Was $150.  Now $130.

Mighty Atom  Was $50. Now $45.

Page 3

Russ Cochran Auction Lot Was $40 Now $30.

Turok #4 Was $30.  Now $25.

Super Magician V3#7 Was $45. Now $40.

Flash Gordon Al Williamson Book Was $25.  Now $20.

Page 4

Spy Hunters #17 Was $35.  Now $30.

Autum People PB Was $25.  Now $20.

Baseball Thrills #1 Was $40.  Now $35.

Wyatt Earp #19 Was $20.  Now $15.

Sport Thrills #12 Was $60.  Now $50.

Vault of Horror #38 Was $40.  Now $35.

Page 5

Amazing Ghost Stories #15 Was $125.  Now $110.

Superman Mags Were $10.  Now $8.

Leave it to Binky #24 Was $35.  Now $30.

Kid Colt Outlaw #6 Was $50.  Now $45.

Marvel Tales #130 Was $125.  Now $100.

Blazing #6 Was $25.  Now $20.

Superman Muscle Club Pin Was $45.  Now $40.

Superboy #57 Was $35.  Now $30.

Mutt & Jeff Pair of books were $50.  Now $45.

Page 6

True #78 was $35.  Now $30.

My Friend Irma #33 Was $25.  Still $25.

Neon Wilderness PB Was $20.  Now $15.

Page 7

Weird Fantasy #11 Was $90.  Now $80.

Ricky Nelson FC #1115  Was $20.  Now $15.

Awake Anti Comics Giveaway Was $40.  Now $35.

Crown #4  Was $175.  Now $165.

Amazing Stories Pulp 4/48 Was $30.  Now $25.

Rangers #50  Was $45.  Now $40.

A Date with Judy #57 Was $15.  Still $15.

He-Man #2 Was $25.  Still $25.

Giggle #51 Was $30  Now $25.

Edited by Robot Man

OK, here are today's offerings. All un-sold items are listed below with discounts. Possibly there is still something cool there of interest.

SOLD!

United States Marines #3 1944 US Marine Corps Pubs

Possibily one of the most violent and outrageous WWII comic books. Classic flamethrower cover. Inside features very graphic comic stories and war photos. Sick stuff aimed mostly at servicemen I would suspect. Hot and in demand book.

Somebody didn't like Tojo... There are a few tiny BB holes through his face. Go all the way into the book. Not really holes with anything missing just bending the paper in those spots. Small hole in cover only right between his eyes. Kid was a good shot! Light spine wear with slightly rusting staples. No rust migration. Back cover has a couple small spine and top edge tears. Average wear otherwise. Book and centerfold snug to covers. Presents nice.

$175.

usmarines3a.jpg

usmarines3b.jpg

usmarines3c.jpg

usmarines3d.jpg

usmarines3e.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Girl Comics #6 Jan 1951 Atlas Pubs

Title is a little misleading. This is not really a romance book. A mixture of horror and crime stories with a girl theme. Kind of hard to find.

A real nice, bright, flat, clean complete copy. Smooth, tight spine with book and centerfold bound well to covers. Slightly wrinkled on back cover. No tears, creases or missing pieces. Off white/white interior pages. Sharp copy!

Was $40.   Then $35.   Now $30!

girl6a.jpg

girl6b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Dogface Dooley #2 (A-1 Comics #43) 1951 ME Pubs

Outrageous GGA title! Really taking off and in hot demand. One of the better covers. Full of funny stories and nice GGA. Just upgraded this one and paid through the nose...

A complete, filler, reading copy only. Spine is a mess. Nearly all split and detached with lots of tears. Paper is tanning but can be read with care. Interior paper is cream but supple and can be read easily. Grab a cheap filler and check this title out!

$25.

dogfacedooley1.jpg

dogfacedooley2.jpg

SOLD!

Here is a fun piece if you are an EC fanaddict...

Russ Cochran Large EC Reprint store Display. Has easel on back to stand up on a counter. I have one on display with EC stuff in it that I rotate regularly. Nice shape and very cool! Wonderful Ingels Old Witch on front!

$45.  + $12.50 postage

ecbox.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Robin Hood #4 Aug 1956 Quality Pubs

Although not a Matt Baker cover, it is full of wonderful art by Baker. I think the cover has a tinge of him as well but not listed as such. A lot of people don't read their comics and just focus on the covers. This one delivers inside as well.

Bright, clean and complete. Has some spine wear and a neat 1/2" upper spine split. A crease in lower cover on corner. A little minor edge wear. Book and centerfold well attached to covers. Yellowed, supple interior paper.

Was $30.   Now $25.

robinhood4a.jpg

robinhood4b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Journey Into Unknown Worlds #48 Aug 1956 Atlas Pubs

Nice Bill Everett cover and Morrow story. This is a weird one. Obscure Atlas artist Howard O'Donnell was at Terry's show a few years back and Jamie Graham had him sign this. Has Jamie's "COA" written on backing board. Probably one of the few instances of his signature on a comic.

Large piece off front cover at top. "Subscription" crease down center. 1-1/2" neat lower spine split at bottom. Just light average wear otherwise. Off white interior pages. Unusual autograph!

Was $25.   Now $20.

journeyunknownworlds1.jpg

journeyunknownworlds2.jpg

journeyunknownworlds3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Lil Abner #67 Dec 1948 Harvey Pubs

Funny Sadie Hawkins Day issue with a weird twist. Has a story of a small woman dressing up as a little girl to attract men! Kinda inappropriate these days... Got lots of GGA and great stories. I know Lil Abner is a little out of fashion these days and I would probably agree. But, this issue is a standout. Check out the photos, it gets weird when you get into the story...

Tight, flat, bright and complete. Small, light waterstain at top of cover. Tiny 1/8" upper spine split. No creases, tears or pieces missing.Tight, well connected book with yellowed and supple interior pages.

Was $25.   Now $20.!

lilabner67a.jpg

lilabner67b.jpg

lilabner67c.jpg

lilabner67d.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Wings #92 April 1948 Friction House Pubs

Outstanding Bob Lubbers GGA cover! And that is only the beginning... Full of torture, bondage, burning alive and GGA as only FH could deliver. In my opinion, this is the best part of the Wings run!

A beautiful copy with outstanding color (unusual for these). A flat, clean, tight complete copy. Spine appears to be slightly rolled but I think it was bound that way and came from the printing plant like this. Spine is flat and tight. Book and centerfold are bound snug to covers. No major tears or creases with nice corners. Just the most minor wear. Hard to find these so nice with color like this.

$150.

wings92a.jpg

wings92b.jpg

wings92c.jpg

wings92d.jpg

wings92e.jpg

wings92f.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

More cool stuff that aren't comic books just to annoy you "purists"  :devil:

Batman & Robin "Deputy Crime Fighter" 1966 Pinback Button

Large 3-1/2" round Cello covered pinback. Features The Riddler, The Joker and The Penguin. From the heart of the TV show merchandising craze. Beautiful condition with no splitting, foxing or any major damage. Bright and clean

$65.  No discounts, I don't care if I sell it or not...

batmanpin.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Here is a fun piece if you are an EC fanaddict...

Russ Cochran Large EC Reprint store Display. Has easel on back to stand up on a counter. I have one on display with EC stuff in it that I rotate regularly. Nice shape and very cool! Wonderful Ingels Old Witch on front!

$45.  + $12.50 postage

ecbox.jpg

:takeit: this is too cool.  Never seen this one before. 

Paul Terry's Comics #105 (Giant Comics Editions) Sept 1953 St. John Pubs

Nice, fat, scarce St. John "annual" featuring one of my favorite pair Heckle and Jeckle along with Mighty Mouse.

This one has sustained water damage. Covers are lightly stained. Numerous tears and creases especially on spine. Cover is still attached to book though. Interior is nice with un-stained, white pages. Tough to find these St. John giants.

Was $25.  Then $20.   Now $15.!

paulterry1.jpg

paulterry2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

MAD Comic #2 Jan 1953 EC Pubs

What more can be said about this iconic cover? One of Davis's best for EC. So much going on in the background. One of my favorites. I once had a nice one when I had a complete EC collection and sold them all off. I picked this one up as a hole filler. Little did I know how long it would be until I had a nice one again but I have done it. Time to pass on a great one to a collector on a budget.

Book is complete and solid but a real beater. Spine is rolled flat and has a lot of tears and splits. Small piece out by EC logo on right top. Tears and creases but a full cover image. Interior paper is nice but has some dog eared corners and a few tears that do not affect with the art. A rought reader "cheap" (like they used to say on the cover of all the old MADS!

Was $55.   Then $50   Now $45.!  For MAD #2!

mad2a.jpg

mad2b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man