• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,894 posts in this topic

$19,200 for the Tec #38 with missing centrefold and wrong back cover wasn't too shabby either.

it will be interesting, watching how future Marvel movies manage the transfer of actors playing the roles.  WE all agree that long term, Marvel/Disney have added tremendous value to these comics, while fostering a feeling that they will ensure that the characters stay relevant "forever".  But I wonder hw rocky new actors cast for these characters affect near term values.  Maybe there's nothing to worry about!  But no new Cap or Iron Man films are slated as yet.  Could take 4-6 years.  Will that have a cooling effect?  Even for millionaires who are just now comfortable buying 7 figure first appearances like this?

Having said this, when the 9.8 sells if we are still in this period of unchecked growth, 10M easy for the 9.8.   Assuming... that the Batman,  Supes and Spidey keys have already reached that level AND Cap doesn't lose importance without movies...  but we know the owners won't be selling any time soon.  Why should they?  so its all just talk.

On 4/7/2022 at 6:55 PM, Aman619 said:

it will be interesting, watching how future Marvel movies manage the transfer of actors playing the roles.  WE all agree that long term, Marvel/Disney have added tremendous value to these comics, while fostering a feeling that they will ensure that the characters stay relevant "forever".  But I wonder hw rocky new actors cast for these characters affect near term values.  Maybe there's nothing to worry about!  But no new Cap or Iron Man films are slated as yet.  Could take 4-6 years.  Will that have a cooling effect?  Even for millionaires who are just now comfortable buying 7 figure first appearances like this?

Having said this, when the 9.8 sells if we are still in this period of unchecked growth, 10M easy for the 9.8.   Assuming... that the Batman,  Supes and Spidey keys have already reached that level AND Cap doesn't lose importance without movies...  but we know the owners won't be selling any time soon.  Why should they?  so its all just talk.

Maybe, but if you're right about Cap 1 being a $10 million book, then any copy of Tec #27 or Action 1 should be a $10 million book in any grade over VF. I can't see Cap #1 ever being on the same level as those books. It's more common and less important.

ETA: "If we are still in this period of unchecked growth, 10M easy for the 9.8." That's the question of the hour, right?

Edited by jimbo_7071

Well looky here..  Another Crime Patrol #15 CGC 9.8 Gaines copy popped up for sale on CL.  I had to look twice and thought the buyer for it is re-selling the book. only to find out it has a different CGC serial number. You seeing this underbidder!!!! 

On 4/7/2022 at 6:55 PM, Aman619 said:

Good post. The words "lose importance" did trigger me I must say. WE all don't agree Aman. I think you're giving Disney, Marvel, Hollywood way to much credit. I could be wrong about that but I'm one of those who couldn't care less about who and when has a movie coming out (most of whic that I've seen I think are mediocre to terrible).  I suppose the upcoming movie schedules do have an effect but I'm pretty sure these wonderful books , especially Golden Age, would be in about the same degree of desirability with or without the Hollywood money makers (movies). No offense, like you said just talk. 

On 4/8/2022 at 8:50 AM, buttock said:

Ah yes.  The secret is out!  Nobody knew about Cap 1 before. 

There couldn't have been more than 100,000 posts about Cap 1 before Mitch graced these Boards with his presence.

On 4/8/2022 at 10:26 AM, Chicago Boy said:

So did the 2nd highest graded Marvel Copy (Pay Copy) sell for 1 million less than the second highest graded Cap 1 copy ?

Imagine what it would've sold for on Heritage instead of CC!