• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,947 posts in this topic

On 6/2/2022 at 11:55 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

And I guess the reason I started with 1.5 mil is because I refuse to assume it won't break a mil haha, like last time. I just don't know if I believe this will break or come close to 2 mil though. The love for AS8 just isn't there seemingly, unfortunately. Seeing Action 1, Tec 27, Supes 1 and Bat 1's doing crazy numbers, and yet AS8 is right where it always has been from what I've noticed in lower grades recent auction sales. This is obviously a special copy though, so have to imagine there's some kind of premium to be had from the previous sale.

AS 8 is the greatest comic cover ever IMO.

On 6/2/2022 at 11:10 AM, twmjr1 said:
On 6/2/2022 at 9:55 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

And I guess the reason I started with 1.5 mil is because I refuse to assume it won't break a mil haha, like last time. I just don't know if I believe this will break or come close to 2 mil though. The love for AS8 just isn't there seemingly, unfortunately. Seeing Action 1, Tec 27, Supes 1 and Bat 1's doing crazy numbers, and yet AS8 is right where it always has been from what I've noticed in lower grades recent auction sales. This is obviously a special copy though, so have to imagine there's some kind of premium to be had from the previous sale.

AS 8 is the greatest comic cover ever I

lol  No WW on cover.. I passed on this book every time I had the opportunity to buy.  Still prefer Sensation 1, that's just me.

On 6/2/2022 at 11:13 AM, Dark Knight said:

lol  No WW on cover.. I passed on this book every time I had the opportunity to buy.  Still prefer Sensation 1, that's just me.

Sensation 1 cover is awesome! Oh the old adage of "what could have been" haha. WW on the cover to AS8, and who knows what that books goes for.

On 6/2/2022 at 11:20 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

Sensation 1 cover is awesome! Oh the old adage of "what could have been" haha. WW on the cover to AS8, and who knows what that books goes for.

Similar to ST 110, what if it had the cover of Doctor Strange #169? I think AS8 would've been a top 5 GA book if that happened.

On 5/27/2022 at 4:52 PM, Sauce Dog said:

The single highest graded Adventure Comics #48 (1st Hourman) looks amazing, and such a universal has never been at auction (The restored Larsen Pedigree 9.2 was sold back in 2004 but looks to no longer be in the census. Is this that copy but with the restoration removed, and in the process it lost the pedigree? Never mind, this is totally not the Larsen copy when you compare them). Hourman is my favourite, so regardless of what it sells for I'll still feel it sold for much less than it deserves :D

It might not be the Larson, but the Larson label number has been removed from the census, so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets the full treatment and is seen sporting a new holder and grade at some point.

On 6/6/2022 at 9:57 PM, MattTheDuck said:

And "restored" yet.

The stigma is finally gone! 

If all the people who've been complaining since Day 1 of CGC about the stigma of PLODs would have simply bid PLODs up to prices that exceed blue label books, the stigma would've been eliminated years ago!  

On 6/6/2022 at 8:21 PM, tth2 said:

The stigma is finally gone! 

If all the people who've been complaining since Day 1 of CGC about the stigma of PLODs would have simply bid PLODs up to prices that exceed blue label books, the stigma would've been eliminated years ago!  

Now that's thinking outside the slab!