• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2022 at 5:38 PM, Terry JSA said:

I thought that price was pretty soft for a high grade TEC #69.

Still a lot of money! Considering the past two TEC #69’s in CGC 6.5 grades previously reported sales in the $28,000 to $30,000 range. 
You would think discretionary money would push this book North of the 50K range.

Very good buy for sure!!

On 6/16/2022 at 2:50 PM, Bat-Hound said:

Still a lot of money! Considering the past two TEC #69’s in CGC 6.5 grades previously reported sales in the $28,000 to $30,000 range. 
You would think discretionary money would push this book North of the 50K range.

Very good buy for sure!!

Or maybe there is less discretionary money in the marketplace right now.  

On 6/16/2022 at 5:38 PM, Bat-Hound said:

I thought so as well. 
Why the soft price on this sought after Joker cover?

I thought it would go for around 60. Maybe that beautiful wonderful 8.5 #29 took everyones focus. It was the book right before.

Economy is struggling at the moment and I think we all knew this enlightenment of stupid high prices couldn’t last forever. There’s been a correction across the board, but I still see solid sales, and the ones that have dropped as others mentioned are still well above pre-pandemic nuttiness. Overall comics are still a strong market from the feel of it, but I certainly won’t be surprised to see a given book not meet expectations anymore.

Hulk 181 in 9.8 breaking $100K, that is impressive though! I know many others remember the early early days. I can only go as far back when a 9.8 was worth about $10K, then into the low 20’s, then the big jump into the 30’s, 40’s, then hovering in the $70K or so mark and more. And now breaking $100K! 🤯 

On 6/17/2022 at 9:45 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

Economy is struggling at the moment and I think we all knew this enlightenment of stupid high prices couldn’t last forever. There’s been a correction across the board, but I still see solid sales, and the ones that have dropped as others mentioned are still well above pre-pandemic nuttiness. Overall comics are still a strong market from the feel of it, but I certainly won’t be surprised to see a given book not meet expectations anymore.

Hulk 181 in 9.8 breaking $100K, that is impressive though! I know many others remember the early early days. I can only go as far back when a 9.8 was worth about $10K, then into the low 20’s, then the big jump into the 30’s, 40’s, then hovering in the $70K or so mark and more. And now breaking $100K! 🤯 

How many 9.8s on the census--any idea ?

On 6/17/2022 at 8:12 AM, bc said:

Looks like 132 Universal and 12 Sig series

image.png.11dacd5b84a7f7d17889afc0fbc04510.png

-bc

The last time I looked at the census for that book I think it was like 80 or so in 9.8 universal. They’ve definitely been poppin out here and there. Whoever owns that 9.9, I hope they sell in any form, auction, buy it now, whatever. I just want to see a Bronze Age book break a million dollars lol

Edited by LDarkseid1

Wow, almost 16K graded copies of IH 181 and just think how many ungraded copies there are out there? It just blows me away what this book brings. Anyone could just go on eBay and depending your budget just buy one in a minute. Personally, I’ve owned over a dozen. Bought and sold many copies I’ve found in the wild. 

Guess I’m jaded. I enjoy the thrill of the hunt and the buzz I get when I finally score an obscure GA book.

I can read IH 181 anytime I want. 

On 6/17/2022 at 8:27 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

The last time I looked at the census for that book I think it was like 80 or so in 9.8 universal. They’ve definitely been poppin out here and there. Whoever owns that 9.9, I hope they sell in any form, auction, buy it now, whatever. I just want to see a Bronze Age book break a million dollars lol

Apparently the one-time 9.9 is no longer in that condition: 

On 6/17/2022 at 9:11 AM, Northwest said:

Apparently the one-time 9.9 is no longer in that condition: 

Hmm, still showing up on the census. Not that the census is 100% always correct, but what grade would it be now?

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 6/17/2022 at 9:03 AM, Robot Man said:

Wow, almost 16K graded copies of IH 181 and just think how many ungraded copies there are out there? It just blows me away what this book brings. Anyone could just go on eBay and depending your budget just buy one in a minute. Personally, I’ve owned over a dozen. Bought and sold many copies I’ve found in the wild. 

Guess I’m jaded. I enjoy the thrill of the hunt and the buzz I get when I finally score an obscure GA book.

I can read IH 181 anytime I want. 

Someone out there must have a box of like 500-1000 raw copies sitting in their attic they don’t know about 😄

On 6/17/2022 at 9:47 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

Someone out there must have a box of like 500-1000 raw copies sitting in their attic they don’t know about 😄

Unlikely at this point but still common as dirt. I think I have 2 raw copies maybe 3 all 8.0 or above. Haven’t looked at them in many years. Just think how many raw copies are sitting in collections out there. Not to mention the ones still undiscovered. Just zero challenge to find. Big key? Sure but not hard to find even in high grade. Maybe it’s just me…