• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,896 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2022 at 2:08 AM, MrBedrock said:
On 9/9/2022 at 2:04 AM, Gotham Kid said:

nuts :screwy:

image.thumb.png.39b1a7a7f44a524480f9d70acaa71596.png

I thought I made a killing in the early 80's when I got $15 for the copy that I originally bought off of the stands.

I remember when Dallas Stephens told me he had a huge horde of IH 181s, and I told him they would never go up after the initial bump they got when CGC came into existence, because of the sheer number of copies that were out there. :tonofbricks:

On 9/8/2022 at 11:59 PM, buttock said:

I'd be more of a fan if I hadn't sold my COC 19 for $200. 

And not to me! :frown:

On 9/5/2022 at 10:53 PM, lou_fine said:

Yes, this book's definitely NOT for me as I totally don't understand the prices being paid for it.  ???

Especially since it is certainly not scarce by any definition of the word as it seems to show up in every single auction and already has well over 100 graded copies in the census.  Not too surprising about the population count though, as I heard that this book might possibly have been part of a warehouse find back in the day.  (shrug)

Totally agree, but it's definitely establishing itself as a constant top 3 PCH record breaker in all grades along with Punch 12 and Venus 19. 

On 9/9/2022 at 3:31 AM, Joshua33 said:

Totally agree, but it's definitely establishing itself as a constant top 3 PCH record breaker in all grades along with Punch 12 and Venus 19. 

But why? CoC 19 isn't fit to lick the dirt off those other two books' shoes. I really don't get it. There are SO many horror covers I would rank above that one.

ETA: It has a fairly simple composition, and that seems to appeal to some people. I could say the same thing about Superman 14. Considering the prices it gets, some people must consider it a favorite, but to me it's kind of boring. That's how I see CoC 19—not bad but a little boring.

Edited by jimbo_7071

On 9/9/2022 at 8:47 AM, lou_fine said:

Am I too late if I say that I'll take them all at your listed prices with no haggling at all on my end here?  :takeit:  lol

I will gladly take your money.  I've heard that things are getting lost at the border, so it's likely that you will never receive anything.  

On 9/8/2022 at 10:31 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Prices are off a bit

Although prices might be off a bit for a small portion of the GA books right now, they are not too surprisingly noticeably off on the recycled Promise Collection books, and then off by a whole whack on most (but not all) of the more common red hot BA and CA keys that were simply running on overdrive last year.  :frown:

Still appears to be a lot of upward price movements on most of the GA books for now, but not sure how long before the seeming downdraft in the rest of the marketplace hits the GA books.  hm  :wishluck:

Edited by lou_fine

On 9/9/2022 at 9:45 AM, buttock said:

You had a chance.  

You would put them up for sale during my annual respite at the spa in Baden-Baden.

On 9/8/2022 at 3:34 PM, Aman619 said:

the Batman 73 Joker cover sold for half what it originally sold 3 months ago.  and a lot less than the last time ithis copy sold in 2020

Bargain time?

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 3.35.16 PM.png

On this one. The day of the auction a new highest graded copy was posted to the census. I think it drove the sale down. Pretty nice 9.0 with white pages just got graded. So I think bidding got hurt cause the 8.5’s are now not the highest copies. 

Edited by Mike maio

On 9/9/2022 at 1:00 PM, lou_fine said:

Finally, a strong price for a copy of Hit 1 even though we should not be comparing a pedigree book against a non-pedigree book.  Especially when you are talking about one of the long time established GA pedigrees like the Denver pedigree.  (shrug)

Then again, I've always felt that Hit 1, similar to National 7, has been a much underappreciated and seemingly almost forgotten Fine book when compared to some of his other more higher recognized classic cover books.  Absolutely loved the detailed artwork on this gorgeous red cover and from my own personal POV, stands up with Fine's other classic cover books from his much more higher profile earlier Fox time period run:  :luhv:  :cloud9:

lf?set=path%5B2%2F6%2F4%2F9%2F1%2F26491081%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Hey! Oh sure the Pedigree of Denver gave it a boost. Given that Planet Comics 1 is so popular it was nice to see Hit 1 come so close in the same grade. But it is also rarer as we know. Yeah it's a great cover, one of his best. (thumbsu btw what does Red Bee have on his sleeves? It's like some sort of transparent material.

On 9/9/2022 at 10:00 AM, lou_fine said:

Finally, a strong price for a copy of Hit 1 even though we should not be comparing a pedigree book against a non-pedigree book.  Especially when you are talking about one of the long time established GA pedigrees like the Denver pedigree.  (shrug)

Then again, I've always felt that Hit 1, similar to National 7, has been a much underappreciated and seemingly almost forgotten Fine book when compared to some of his other more higher recognized classic cover books.  Absolutely loved the detailed artwork on this gorgeous red cover and from my own personal POV, stands up with Fine's other classic cover books from his much more higher profile earlier Fox time period run:  :luhv:  :cloud9:

lf?set=path%5B2%2F6%2F4%2F9%2F1%2F26491081%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Very strong finish on this one, and it’s on my short list for books to pick up in the next year or so (but even my short list is a big list, lol).