• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

On 8/28/2022 at 9:17 PM, D84 said:

Definitely on the low side if you compare it to other recent sales from a few months ago such this one here which also had tape on it to attached a married cover to the book.  Besides the married cover, looks likt the tape was also used to hold together the cover of the spine which was completely split, and yet this copy here was still able to fetch a rather astounding $5,280:  :whatthe:  :p

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/detective-comics-37-married-cover-dc-1940-cgc-qualified-fr-gd-15-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/122206-11361.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515#

lf?set=path%5B2%2F5%2F4%2F5%2F0%2F25450088%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Maybe the consignor might have done better if he had broken the book up and sold it off in parts, especially since this Incomplete raw Poor condition front cover without the other 66 pages of the book still managed to fetched an even more astounding $3,332.40 back in May of this year:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/detective-comics-37-cover-only-dc-1940-condition-pr/a/122219-13317.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Detective Comics #37 Cover Only (DC, 1940) Condition: PR....

On 8/28/2022 at 9:17 PM, D84 said:

Only $7800? I know it had tape, but that's at least 5k lower than I was expecting. 

Then again, when I clicked onto your link this GA book right next to the copy of 'Tec 37 certainly looks pretty burning red hot from its final price:  (thumbsu  

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/the-human-torch-23-timely-1946-cgc-gd-vg-30-off-white-to-white-pages-the-alex-schomburg-classic-robot-cover-has/a/122235-19458.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Archive-MyTrackedLots-101116

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, The Human Torch #23 (Timely, 1946) CGC GD/VG 3.0 Off-white to white pages....

With some 55 copies graded higher than this, albeit a nicely presently copy relative to its assigned CGC 3.0 grade, sold for $2,880 or over 5.5X condition guide.:applause:

Edited by lou_fine

On 8/29/2022 at 12:17 PM, D84 said:

The Great Crash!  It's finally here! :ohnoez:

On 8/29/2022 at 9:56 PM, D84 said:
On 8/29/2022 at 2:07 PM, tth2 said:

The Great Crash!  It's finally here! :ohnoez:

I didn't mean it that way.

I know, but I'm looking for every possible sign that it's finally here, because lord knows some people have been predicting it for long enough.

On 8/29/2022 at 11:24 PM, batman_fan said:
On 8/29/2022 at 10:10 PM, tth2 said:

I know, but I'm looking for every possible sign that it's finally here, because lord knows some people have been predicting it for long enough.

Certainly the Mickey Mantle 9.5 card selling for ONLY $12.6 million is a clear sign the end is here.

The only thing it's a clear sign of is the end of the crypto and cards bull markets.

The impact on comics and OA is zero, as has always been the case.  I'm looking as hard as I can, and I can detect no signs of a crash in the comics or OA market.  

On 8/29/2022 at 2:56 PM, D84 said:

I didn't mean it that way. Just shocked because a blue label 3.0 hasn't sold for less than 10k in years. Honestly, I'm kicking myself for not bidding. 

Same here. :(

I LOVE Tec37. One of my favorite preRObin Tec covers.

That 1.5Q is mine also. If I could, I'd buy every single copy made available.

The Heritage 3.0 copy has been passed around more times than I can remember. I think it has seen EVERY single auction house and also ebay on multiple occasions lol

Still, @7800 I wouldn't resist.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Watching the HA auction and prices have stalled a bit but given the CLINK results I expect a bunch of activity right before the live auction and some crazy high prices when things hammer.  I am really interested to see what the Ghost Rider cover does.  I have a decent splash by Mark so wondering where the value has moved from when I bought it.

On 8/29/2022 at 8:45 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

Collectibles are alive and well when you see that nuttiness.

I’m into a lot more categories of collectibles than just comics. Vintage toys, advertising, sports and political items. I have seen a definite rise in prices of a lot of things that have been flat or on the downslide recently.

I recently set up at a large, local vintage toy and advertising show. My sales were the best I have seen in many years. I got very little price resistance on stuff like even Hoppalong Cassidy, Hanna Barbera toys, and even early Platinium age characters. And it wasn’t just “old folks” buying. Then quality and rare items usually do OK anyway. Nice advertising and sports items are always solid sellers. 

Collectors are addicts. No matter where you are in life, you always need to add that next piece to your stash.