• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,947 posts in this topic

On 10/21/2022 at 2:56 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, it would appear so as I went in earlier this morning to place another bid on this book here and it just automatically got bumped up:  :mad:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/master-comics-27-fawcett-publications-1942-cgc-vf-80-off-white-to-white-pages/a/40212-82093.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Master Comics #27 (Fawcett Publications, 1942) CGC VF 8.0 Off-white to white pages....

Now already at $6,300 with the BP juice in there and still another 20+ days to go in this second phase of the Harlan Ellison Auction, which makes me think that this HTF classic cover Fawcett book is going to hit 5-figures by the time it's all said and done. :popcorn:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap: 

Put on your big girl panties and win that thing ! :sumo:

On 10/22/2022 at 8:31 AM, tth2 said:

Wow, whoever won the 9.6 Four Color #178 back in June 2021 didn't wait very long before trying to flip it!  

Wowza indeed...............but have you considered the possibility that the purchaser didn't have much of a choice as some "better halfs" might not be quite as understanding as your better half?  :arguing:  lol

That's going to be a really huge stretch for this book and my bet is that it's going to hit the "Under" when it comes to your $90K price point:  :tonofbricks:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/cartoon-character/four-color-178-donald-duck-rockford-pedigree-dell-1947-cgc-nm-96-off-white-to-white-pages/p/7283-30001.s?ic16=ViewItem-Auction-Archive-OtherAvailable-081514

Golden Age (1938-1955):Cartoon Character, Four Color #178 Donald Duck - Rockford Pedigree (Dell, 194...

Unless you are having a bad case of seller's remorse and now willing to pay anything at all to get this copy back into your hot little hands.  :bigsmile:  :takeit:

On 10/22/2022 at 1:29 PM, RareHighGrade said:

tth2 is a veritable wizard when it comes to timing the sale of his books.  He should write a how-to book on the subject for the rest of us.

That he most certainly is!!!  (thumbsu

So, I guess you are also going for the "Under" then, especially after factoring in the auction commission fees.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

On 10/23/2022 at 4:13 AM, lou_fine said:

Unless you are having a bad case of seller's remorse and now willing to pay anything at all to get this copy back into your hot little hands.  :bigsmile:  :takeit:

It'd be pretty awesome to be able to buy back the FC 178 and the (now 9.6) FC 9 at half the price I sold them for last year. 

It'd be like getting paid $65k to rent them out for 18 months!  (and the tenant even "renovated" the FC 9 for me)

On 10/22/2022 at 7:10 PM, tth2 said:

It'd be like getting paid $65k to rent them out for 18 months!  (and the tenant even "renovated" the FC 9 for me)

Like my better half keeps trying to tell me......................it's always better to be a landlord, as opposed to being a tenant and this would certainly apply in your example here.  :applause:  lol

On 10/22/2022 at 10:01 PM, tth2 said:

Here you go, Peter:

The Hangover Math GIFs | Tenor

It's clear now.  And I have uncovered the secret of the JFK assassination and redesigned my car to run on water instead of gas.

On 10/22/2022 at 11:14 PM, lou_fine said:

Like my better half keeps trying to tell me......................it's always better to be a landlord, as opposed to being a tenant and this would certainly apply in your example here.  :applause:  lol

I don't remember your ever having mentioned being married, Dean. Is this a new development? I had the impression that you were at least 50 based on how long you've been collecting. I don't see guys over 50 getting married too often.

On 10/23/2022 at 11:14 AM, lou_fine said:
On 10/23/2022 at 10:10 AM, tth2 said:

I highly doubt that the price is going to fall this much, so I highly doubt either of the books will end up with me again.

On 10/23/2022 at 4:52 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

I don't remember your ever having mentioned being married, Dean. Is this a new development? I had the impression that you were at least 50 based on how long you've been collecting. I don't see guys over 50 getting married too often.

Nope, nothing new as I've been married for decades now and isn't it really the younger generation that doesn't tend to believe in the institution of marriage. (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

On 10/21/2022 at 12:04 PM, ThothAmon said:

Head scratcher and it still has time left. Not that I’m complaining. 

2AB5746B-9383-4EAC-AA66-E7747651BA6B.png

D322083E-A413-4658-BFA3-E72326917B04.jpeg

Well, admist all of the doom and gloom that we are hearing lately from the CA and BA speculators/flippers on the boards here, I imagine the GA market is still running in fine form for now.  Must definitely be the case here if even books like the once moribound stone cold dead World's Finest books have finally come out of their decades long banishment in the deep freeze and have finally been granted a pass to join the big party:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:  :banana: :whee:

Seems to have started with World's Finest 3 featuring the origin and first appearance of the GA Scarecrow a few years ago before jumping over to World's Finest 9 with the Hitler cover.  This fever now surprisingly even seems to be able to beat down those rather silly nonsensical comical covers as evident not only by the $1,860 paid for the above CGC 3.5 graded copy of WF 30, but also the current bidding for this World's Finest 18 offering: :whatthe:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/world-s-finest-comics-18-dc-1945-cgc-vf-80-white-pages/a/40212-82139.s?ic16=ViewItem-Auction-Archive-OtherAvailable-081514

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, World's Finest Comics #18 (DC, 1945) CGC VF 8.0 White pages....

Already sitting at $2,400 or more than double condition guide with still another 2 weeks to go in this auction.  Especially surprising considering that this title used to sell only at a discount to condition guide for decades, as clearly evident by the mere $840 that an equivalent CGC 8.0 graded copy was able to fetch at HA only a short couple of years ago back in May of 2020.  :whatthe:

Then again, it's certainly nice to see long under appreciated titles like these to finally get their day in the sun, especially with respect to those early giant size squarebound 100-pager issues up to World's Finest 9 with those beautiful nice thick cardboard covers.  :applause:  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

On 10/26/2022 at 10:28 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, admist all of the doom and gloom that we are hearing lately from the CA and BA speculators/flippers on the boards here, I imagine the GA market is still running in fine form for now.  Must definitely be the case here if even books like the once moribound stone cold dead World's Finest books have finally come out of their decades long banishment in the deep freeze and have finally been granted a pass to join the big party:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:  :banana: :whee:

Seems to have started with World's Finest 3 featuring the origin and first appearance of the GA Scarecrow a few years ago before jumping over to World's Finest 9 with the Hitler cover.  This fever now surprisingly even seems to be able to beat down those rather silly nonsensical comical covers as evident not only by the $1,860 paid for the above CGC 3.5 graded copy of WF 30, but also the current bidding for this World's Finest 18 offering: :whatthe:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/world-s-finest-comics-18-dc-1945-cgc-vf-80-white-pages/a/40212-82139.s?ic16=ViewItem-Auction-Archive-OtherAvailable-081514

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, World's Finest Comics #18 (DC, 1945) CGC VF 8.0 White pages....

Already sitting at $2,400 or more than double condition guide with still another 2 weeks to go in this auction.  Especially surprising considering that this title used to sell only at a discount to condition guide for decades, as clearly evident by the mere $840 that an equivalent CGC 8.0 graded copy was able to fetch at HA only a short couple of years ago back in May of 2020.  :whatthe:

Then again, it's certainly nice to see long under appreciated titles like these to finally get their day in the sun, especially with respect to those early giant size squarebound 100-pager issues up to World's Finest 9 with those beautiful nice thick cardboard covers.  :applause:  :takeit:

Love those big square bound “ cardboard” covers! I just keep picking away at WF and Comic Cavalcade ones when I can run into them reasonably. I have always thought them a bit undervalued especially in grade. 

On 10/27/2022 at 8:17 AM, Robot Man said:

Love those big square bound “ cardboard” covers! I just keep picking away at WF and Comic Cavalcade ones when I can run into them reasonably. I have always thought them a bit undervalued especially in grade. 

Well, from some of the auction results we've seen lately, especially with respect to the early World's Finest, I guess you are going to have to open your wallet a bit wider if you want to continue to pick away at them.  :bigsmile:

On 10/27/2022 at 8:29 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, from some of the auction results we've seen lately, especially with respect to the early World's Finest, I guess you are going to have to open your wallet a bit wider if you want to continue to pick away at them.  :bigsmile:

Other than #1, I already have #3,7 & 9. The ones I want the most. The rest would be impulse buys at this point. Same story with the Comic cavalcades.