• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,946 posts in this topic

Coverless $125K-$150K I feel. A .5 missing the front cover but with the back, around $200K. A .5 with the front cover, but missing the back $275K-$350K. One of those .5’s where it’s missing pieces off the cover and in bad shape but has both the front and back cover, so a faux 1.0, $325K-$400K. That’s my .02.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 6/19/2023 at 10:32 PM, mstrange said:

Wow :whatthe: just checked Heritage auctions with 2 days to go.  A lot of rare and semi key GA going for a lot less than what they were going for 1-2 years ago.  Some highest graded and pedigree books in the mix.  Going to be a lot of great pickups for those savvy collectors.

I believe you fail to completely understand the part which I have highlighted for you in bold.  :gossip:

Especially when we've seen in these major auctions that the final price have often gone multiples higher than 2 days prior to the auction hammer coming down.  In fact, in some cases the fat lady hasn't even entered the building yet at this point, let along get off her big fat duff to sing. :popcorn:  :taptaptap:  

Edited by lou_fine

On 6/19/2023 at 10:32 PM, mstrange said:

Wow :whatthe: just checked Heritage auctions with 2 days to go.  A lot of rare and semi key GA going for a lot less than what they were going for 1-2 years ago.  Some highest graded and pedigree books in the mix.  Going to be a lot of great pickups for those savvy collectors.

I hope not, I have a big consignment in this auction lol

On 6/20/2023 at 12:32 AM, mstrange said:

True, but we live in a world of sandbags and the fast rising tide will float most folk's boats. :wink:

:cheers:

Edited by Cat-Man_America
Ale added for emphasis!

On 6/21/2023 at 11:13 AM, Aman619 said:

That’s the reserve.  Not a bid. 

That's was the reserve. It has been met. So that's the bid.

On 6/21/2023 at 9:36 PM, MrBedrock said:

That's was the reserve. It has been met. So that's the bid.

I was on my phone and saw what looked like the usual asterisk after the “(with BP)” text. Sorry guys. 

On 6/21/2023 at 4:09 PM, twmjr1 said:

What's the record for a piece of comic-related original art? This painting was used as the cover for Molly Hatchet's "Flirting With Disaster" album BTW.

I don't know. It would probably be the Frazetta painting Egyption Queen for 5.4.  This not just original art but a one of a kind painting. Up there with the likes of Van Eyck, Van Dyck, Van Gogh. Pretty neat that a guy who drew comics is right up there with the top dogs like Raphael, Michelangelo, and Leonardo da Vinci. 

Edited by Professor K
one bad pun replaced with another.

On 6/21/2023 at 3:18 PM, Professor K said:
On 6/21/2023 at 1:09 PM, twmjr1 said:

What's the record for a piece of comic-related original art? This painting was used as the cover for Molly Hatchet's "Flirting With Disaster" album BTW.

I don't know. It would probably be the Frazetta painting Egyption Queen for 5.4. 

Not sure if this would qualify, but it sure makes Frazetta's art look like chump change price wise when you have Lichtenstein's "Masterpiece" sell  for a rather astounding $165M back in 2017:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

Masterpiece (Lichtenstein) - Wikipedia

All I can say is that I certainly hope that he gave some kind of kickback to the original comic book artist who had originally drew this image.  :mad: