• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,935 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2023 at 9:00 PM, Professor K said:

I give HA credit that they clearly show what the final price will be during the entire life of the auction. You don't have to do the math during the countdown timer. It's already stressful enough without having to do math after each bid. 

I guess that's true if you're paying attention. I have gone months (or possibly years) at a time without bidding on Heritage. I have always known about the buyer's premium, but I can remember times when I was bidding when I thought that the amount that I was seeing already included the buyer's premium (which was 19% at the time; I'm not sure when they increased it to 20%). There was too much noise on the screen, and the display was changing too fast. That kind of mistake isn't going to happen to me now that I'm familiar with bidding on the site, but I'm sure it still happens to first-time bidders.

On 9/13/2023 at 5:53 PM, goldust40 said:
On 9/13/2023 at 9:29 AM, tth2 said:
On 9/13/2023 at 7:41 AM, newshane said:

I've been sniffing around Heritage. 20% "buyer's premium?" 

lol 

I'm sure there are many threads stuffed with complaints about this. That's a heavy tax. 

Sigh

Expand  

Bang on cue! :smirk:

I don't even have the energy anymore to explain why such posts are so wrong.

On 9/13/2023 at 9:16 AM, tth2 said:

I'm not sure who you are talking about, here. 

Lots of really cool books ending tomorrow and the following days. Looks like Punch 12 will be joining the over 100k Club for non super hero books. It got me thinking. There are non super hero books and there are non super hero cover books (Action Comics 2 for example, Superman story inside but he's not on the cover).   I'm not sure if any of the latter type has ever topped 100K. A 7.5 AC 2 sold for 95k in 2017. 

Then there is the question of what defines a Super Hero. Is Phantom Lady a super hero? Flint Baker from Planet #1? They've both topped 100k..Detective 1 5.0 went for 108k last year but no super hero's in that I suppose.  Anyway I don't think there are many other than Suspense 3 that have topped 100k, maybe none other than Suspense 3 prior to the few Promise books that have.....

Well I'll end this silly post by asking a question that is silly- Where were you on March 15th 2002? Bewaring the Ides of March? 

Opera Snapshot_2023-09-13_125153_comics.ha.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2023-09-13_125308_comics.ha.com.png

On 9/13/2023 at 11:15 AM, newshane said:
On 9/13/2023 at 9:16 AM, tth2 said:

I'm not sure who you are talking about, here. 

He is directing it squarely at you.

You could easily search all of the past discussions on this topic simply by searching through tth2's posting history.

On 9/13/2023 at 2:48 PM, MrBedrock said:

He is directing it squarely at you.

You could easily search all of the past discussions on this topic simply by searching through tth2's posting history.

Let me quote myself:

"I'm sure there are many threads stuffed with complaints about this."

I've been here for 12 years. I'm aware of the (pitiful) search feature on the boards. 

I was simply making an observation. There is no need to be rude. 

If someone has something to say to me, I'd prefer them to be direct instead of passive aggressive. If someone doesn't have the "energy" for it, then perhaps they should save their precious energy by not responding at all. 

Edited by newshane

I mean, what did I say? They have a 20% "buyer's premium." Is that incorrect information? 

Now everyone's (well, TWO of you) feathers are ruffled? Color me confused. 

Edited by newshane

On 9/13/2023 at 5:39 PM, newshane said:

Let me quote myself:

"I'm sure there are many threads stuffed with complaints about this."

I've been here for 12 years. I'm aware of the (pitiful) search feature on the boards. 

I was simply making an observation. There is no need to be rude. 

If someone has something to say to me, I'd prefer them to be direct instead of passive aggressive. If someone doesn't have the "energy" for it, then perhaps they should save their precious energy by not responding at all. 

Sorry. Wasn't trying to be rude. Just commenting on a topic that has been commented on repeatedly here. For some of us it is hard to understand the complaints directed at a policy that A) has been in place for over twenty years and likely is not going to change, B) is a simple math equation (add 20% to your bid to figure out what you have to pay), and C) is no tax on the seller as the commissions with Heritage, as has also been discussed regularly, are highly negotiable.

So thanks for introducing us to another round of this discussion.

On 9/13/2023 at 6:11 PM, MrBedrock said:

Sorry. Wasn't trying to be rude. Just commenting on a topic that has been commented on repeatedly here. For some of us it is hard to understand the complaints directed at a policy that A) has been in place for over twenty years and likely is not going to change, B) is a simple math equation (add 20% to your bid to figure out what you have to pay), and C) is no tax on the seller as the commissions with Heritage, as has also been discussed regularly, are highly negotiable.

So thanks for introducing us to another round of this discussion.

I've always taken pride in being helpful around here, even with noobs and recycled topics. 

I don't think it's a good look to treat a veteran boardie this way, but I'll let everyone make up their own minds. 

I will gladly leave the thread, and I won't be looking back. Hopefully everyone else will drop the topic, and you can return to whatever sort of discussion excites. you. 

I'll gladly handle any issues privately. I'm around often, and I'm not hard to find. 

All I can say is that it must be a pretty boring Heritage Auction or more likely all of the long time boardies are not posting here as much.  hm

Especially since we use to have an almost play by play when these auctions were taking place with pages and pages on posts on the results on a virtual real time basis.  Kind of miss those old days.  :(

The Bat 1s went low.   I thought the Cap 1 would go for more.  The Action 1 went higher than I would have thought(have you SEEN it?)  The Punch book went for over $200k.  Matt Baker prices are approaching crazy town.

I'm not sure what to think about this auction

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

Yeah Bat 1's went for less than expected. The Cap 1 2.0 was slightly above my expectations. I had it at around $85k tops. The Superman 1 CGC 1.5 sold for a strong price @ $176k. Last 1.5 was last month for around $130k I believe.  The Action 1 and Punch 12 stole the show with way above my expectations. I think the last time the Punch 12 Crowley sold for was $55k before this new sale.