• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,891 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2024 at 4:23 AM, Professor K said:

Yes of course I'm sure. Basically I mean in 15 years a 1 million dollar book has become a let's say 4 million dollar book, and that's being conservative I think. What I meant was would it be realistic to think that 4 million dollar book in 2024 will be a 16 milllon dollar book in 2040. I think, and I could be wrong, but the days of these mega books multiplying in value like that are probably gone. At some point the summit will be reached. 

You might think that.  But check out vintage Ferrari results.  The model made famous in Ferris Bueller just keeps climbing, one sold last year for $18 million, after another did $11 million in 2008.  They could be had in the early 70s for a few grand.  Less than 50 exist.  Pretty good corollary to Action 1, except you can't drive it.  

On 2/2/2024 at 9:16 AM, mwotka said:

You might think that.  But check out vintage Ferrari results.  The model made famous in Ferris Bueller just keeps climbing, one sold last year for $18 million, after another did $11 million in 2008.  They could be had in the early 70s for a few grand.  Less than 50 exist.  Pretty good corollary to Action 1, except you can't drive it.  

You can't drive that Ferrari either...

On 2/2/2024 at 9:16 AM, mwotka said:

Gimme that Ferrari over the Action 1! At least I'll be getting a lot of attention from hot chicks vs nerdy dudes!!! 

On 1/30/2024 at 6:23 AM, Superman2006 said:

I agree that grading companies provide a valuable service, as they provide a 3rd party grade and resto check, but that said, I don't think it's fair to lump all dealers in the same bucket. I've purchased from &/or wouldn't hesitate to purchase raw books from some dealers like Bob Storms (highgradecomics), Mr. Bedrock (bedrockcity.com), James Payette (jamespayettecomics.com), and mycomicshop.com (which even has a reputation for undergrading), to name a few. No offense to anyone that I left off; just naming a few that came to my mind first...

Thanks for your recommendations.  I will certainly look into these dealers

On 2/2/2024 at 7:01 AM, woowoo said:

I like this better :preach: And click the link and see real nice white pages.

Verify CGC Certification | Action 1 Comic | CGC (cgccomics.com)

image.png.4b3de4e43c881514a3a7585d40176c46.png

Hariri's second purchased Action 1 9.0 (sold by Adams) makes me say Hmmmmmm.

image.thumb.png.97f00d38ec801c27eff85aefa774fe67.png

Spine splits top and bottom. Piece almost falling out on bottom of spine. Divot on interior pages that looks like it extends through the book. 

image.png

On 2/9/2024 at 8:55 AM, EastEnd1 said:

If the resto can be removed, then the price will be more than justified.

On 2/9/2024 at 2:46 PM, sfcityduck said:

Hariri's second purchased Action 1 9.0 (sold by Adams) makes me say Hmmmmmm.

image.thumb.png.97f00d38ec801c27eff85aefa774fe67.png

Spine splits top and bottom. Piece almost falling out on bottom of spine. Divot on interior pages that looks like it extends through the book. 

image.png

:whatthe: I never even noticed this. I only looked at the Superman pages and centerfold that's not a 9.0 at all Thanks.

On 2/20/2024 at 4:59 PM, tth2 said:

I just went to check out the previews for the upcoming April Signature Auction and there were so many low grade GA books that for a second I thought I had accidentally opened up the ComicConnect auction.

lol

On 2/20/2024 at 8:22 PM, batman_fan said:

Sensation 1 in 9.6 coming up.

part of Darren Adams' trifecta originally offered on ebay in 2017 along with the AS8 9.4 and WW 1 9.0

Edited by Gotham Kid