• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Catalog arrived in the mail today

116 posts in this topic

There is so much great golden age stuff its hard to determine what you want to bid on. I do wish their auctions had staggered finish times so if I lost on one book I could still bid on another. Although I guess you can still lose out during the floor auction anyway.

Just put in my batch of bids for the auction thumbsup2.gif

Did anyone notice the large amount of silver age books with "cream..." pages? I'm sure this subject has been discussed many times before, but do you mind buying slabbed books with cream pages? Especially at the premium prices that Heritage will achieve? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Kudos to Heritage! Not only did I just get it today, via FedEx, but they bubble wrapped it! thumbsup2.gif

I thought people were exaggerating about its size, but holy cow, it's huge! I know what I'll be reading at lunch today!

That's funny. Joe Sarno and I both said "phone book" when we referred to it tonight. I think it's actually heavier than a phone book because the enamel pages weigh so much more.

By the way 24 of the hard cover books listed after the pulps are mine. Arkham Houses and the signed Stephen Kings...I've got my fingers crossed since I have no idea how well Heritiage does on material like that...

Anyone have an opinion?

Got my copy today.

Hand delivered via Fedex registered priority Airmail to my home in Melbourne, Australia

My copy was also nicely bubblewrapped & yes, its bigger than my local phone book.

WOW... Its looks like half of the entire SA Pacific Coast Pedigree collection are up for grabs. cloud9.gif

Happy Happy Joy Joy...... yay.gif

Russ

Just put in my batch of bids for the auction thumbsup2.gif

Did anyone notice the large amount of silver age books with "cream..." pages? I'm sure this subject has been discussed many times before, but do you mind buying slabbed books with cream pages? Especially at the premium prices that Heritage will achieve? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It seems most of the silver age books with cream pages are from a particular collection that probably weren't stored property. I personally don't mind buying a book with cream/OW pages on mid-grade stuff as I usually would get a nice deal. I stay away from a cream paged 9.0 & up copies because if I'm going to spend bigger money, I will then concern myself with page quality.