• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Catalog arrived in the mail today

116 posts in this topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you win anything else?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Strange Tales 105 Winnipeg pedigree. I know alot of collectors can't stand the OO name written on the front cover (and I'd certainly rather do without it), but this 9.0 OW/W copy was interesting to compare with the Pacific Coast 105 (9.0 OW/W) offered as the next lot. The PC copy suffered from some serious pre-chipping along the right edge, and the Winnie copy had a comparatively deeper color strike and superior cover whiteness. It also had a reserve price about 200 bucks lower than the PC copy, and I got it for the reserve price.

How's it going, Steve, finding those early ST superhero books in top shape?

Strange Tales are tough to find below issue #135 in top shape. I'll take CGC 9.0's all day on issues below #121 all day, but I do manage to find one every few months. Hopefully, I can complete the run over the next year, but might settle for a few CGC 8.5 on the very early issues just to get it done. Then I'll upgrade if I feel the need.

I didn't bid on anything this time around. I just bought an iPod, an iBook, and a 17" flat panel monitor, so I decided to be a good boy and restrain myself from any large comic purchases.

I sure enjoyed reading my catalog, though! grin.gif

I didn't bid on anything this time around. I just bought an iPod, an iBook, and a 17" flat panel monitor, so I decided to be a good boy and restrain myself from any large comic purchases.

From now on, I'm going to call you Apple Boy!

From now on, I'm going to call you Apple Boy!

Hey, that's my first new Mac in six years! I used to do in-store product demos for Apple through a company called Marketsource, and was one of Jobs' brainwashed faithful. Now, I just consider myself bi. 893whatthe.gif

Well, that's it, got officially outbid on everything tonight in the sig auction. Can't believe it, too, I had a pretty high bid going on an All-Star that I thought was a sure thing.

Ah well, guess that means it's time to fill in some of the more unexciting holes in my B&B run... sorry.gif

You got a great price on that book. 893applaud-thumb.gif I paid significantly more for my copy from Heritage. Mostly, because it was one of the last ones I need to complete a run from #59-101.

I thought I saw one (although it was a pedigree) listed for about $260 somewhere so I'm very happy with this one.

Mark - very cool pickup. 893applaud-thumb.gif

thought I saw one (although it was a pedigree) listed for about $260 somewhere so I'm very happy with this one.

Northland copy on Metro's site for $275. I actually made an offer of around 90% and they turned it down. 8 months later the book still sits in their inventory.

confused-smiley-013.gif

So far I am 1/1. Not a "comic book" but closely related. I intend to get Burt Ward to sign it.

817096004o.jpg

Cool! And that's one of the best episodes.