• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Point Five Grading Estimates: Open For Business!
4 4

76 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Imagine flushing your money down a toilet.

Now, you don't have to!

There you go. It's like I'm standing right there next to your toilet, ready to jiggle the handle or whatever so YOU don't need to!

10 hours ago, AJD said:

Do you do grade estimates from scans of books already in CGC slabs? If not, that's totally my ideaTM.

Absolutely. Just send me links to as many CGC slabs as you like and I’ll send back my grade estimates.
(Don’t want to brag, but I suspect you’ll be quite pleased by the turnaround times on this.)

:rulez:

you didn't state how you accept payment.. I guess monopoly money it is lol I'll send my payment through FakeMoneyTransferServiceWithNoInsurances

11 hours ago, Krishosein said:

:rulez:

you didn't state how you accept payment.. I guess monopoly money it is lol I'll send my payment through FakeMoneyTransferServiceWithNoInsurances

Preferred form of payment is Duffel Bag full of unmarked bills.

I sent my money via carrier pigeon. His name is Wilton, but he sometimes thinks he is an owl. You may have to look outside at night in a nearby tree. He will try to "hoo" but being a pigeon, it is distinctly a "coo". I also attached the comic to his other leg too, so he has the book you are to grade on one leg, the money on the other. Hopefully he makes it to you. The issue is a very rare one. Old too. X-Force #44. I saw it advertised once on Craigslist as "rare, old and valuable" which is why I though folding it up, attaching it to a pigeon with personality disorder and sending you $200 to grade it was a good idea. 

On 7/17/2019 at 1:49 PM, Point Five said:

Point Five Grading Estimate: $200 tier (Elite Level)

At this tier, you will ship the actual book to me, and I will just ship it on to CGC and let them deal with it. Because they are trained professionals who know what they're doing, and I'm just a guy horsing around on the internet.

I am a bit disappointed that you don't charge them this tier AND the CGC fees.  I mean come on it is only fair to you! :roflmao:

2 hours ago, Crops068 said:

I am a bit disappointed that you don't charge them this tier AND the CGC fees.  I mean come on it is only fair to you! :roflmao:

Opening Week special?  (shrug)

On 7/17/2019 at 1:49 PM, Point Five said:

After the news that CGC will now offer grading range estimates based on scans, I realized that I need to hurry and get my piece of the pie while I still can find ways to more efficiently serve my loyal customer base. So here it is: a chance to harness my extensive experience of looking at scans on this very board.

Current turnaround times range from 7 minutes to six months or more. Please review the tiers below, and find the grading estimate that is right for YOU!

Point Five Grading Estimate: $5 tier (Budget Level)

Based on scans, I'll give you a grade of either (G) or (NG). You won't have any idea what grade your book is, but you will sleep much easier knowing that it does indeed have one.

--

Point Five Grading Estimate: $10 tier (Standard Level)

Based on scans, I'll give you back a grade within a 5 point grade range, i.e. if your book is a 3.5, I'll give you back an estimate of 1.0 to 6.0. At this tier I'll probably only look at your scans on my phone while my kid is punching me.

--

Point Five Grading Estimate: $20 tier (Prime Level)

Based on scans, I'll give you a grade estimate within a 3 point grade range, i.e. if your book is a 3.5, I'll give you back an estimate of 2.0 to 5.0. No phone grades at this tier; I'll be looking at your scans on my monitor while eating lunch.

--

Point Five Grading Estimate: $50 tier (Preferred Level)

Based on scans, I'll give you a grade estimate within a 1 point grade range, i.e. if your book is a 3.5, I'll give you back an estimate of 3.0 to 4.0. I'll be looking at your scans on my monitor while eating lunch, but I'll wipe the screen first.

--

Point Five Grading Estimate: $200 tier (Elite Level)

At this tier, you will ship the actual book to me, and I will just ship it on to CGC and let them deal with it. Because they are trained professionals who know what they're doing, and I'm just a guy horsing around on the internet.

--

That's about it folks. Operators are standing by!

(Just having some fun here; please note that this bit of comedy gold is done with all love and respect towards our generous hosts.) :foryou:

--

First-time buyers, feel free to use the OHF*CKITSBRITTLE codeword to receive 15% off your first order.

I guess I now owe you $50/ book for your preferred level grading of those Bakers. 

You will, as always, be paid in Cap’n Crunch coupons.