• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's X-MEN film (TBD)
3 3

555 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Sorry. If you are going to belittle a post so ignorantly (I'm surprised), I'll play along.

What you just posted DIRECTLY TIES to the show Antony Starr has gained brand new attention over. So of course he is going to react at times to The Boys post.

Wolverine - he has nothing to do with the X-Men or the character at all. So with Twitter having 192 million active users and someone randomly mentioning 'Wolverine' and Antony Starr shows up to comment on this out of the blue - yeah. That is going to gain attention.

Think more. Be a jerk less.

I haven't seen the show, but what does his fascination with serial killers have to do with The Boys? Do you think every actor that responds to a Wolverine post is a candidate? He's posting all kinds of things on twitter. Maybe if he said that he would like to play the character, I would see it being more than drivel. BTW, I wasn't trying to insult anyone.

Edited by chezmtghut

Just now, chezmtghut said:

I haven't seen the show, but what does his fascination with serial killers have to do with The Boys? Do you think every actor that responds to a Wolverine post is a candidate? He's posting all kinds of things on twitter. Maybe if he said that he would like to play the character, I would see it being more than drivle.

The Boys was clearly mentioned in that post you shared. The show he actuals stars in. So yes, while he responds to a positive statement about the show he drops in what he wants to work on as well in the future. He was incredible in the Cinemax show 'Banshee' where he played an escaped criminal for four seasons. I bet he ha a lot of fun being the anti-hero.

Now with 'Wolverine' he happens across a post that doesn't even link to anything he is actively working and goes as far as to state whomever will be cast in the role will care less if people attack him - like he knows something? That was a very purposeful statement.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

The Boys was clearly mentioned in that post you shared. The show he actuals stars in. So yes, while he responds to a positive statement about the show he drops in what he wants to work on as well in the future. He was incredible in the Cinemax show 'Banshee' where he played an escaped criminal for four seasons. I bet he ha a lot of fun being the anti-hero.

Now with 'Wolverine' he happens across a post that doesn't even link to anything he is actively working and goes as far as to state whomever will be cast in the role will care less if people attack him - like he knows something? That was a very purposeful statement.

I felt the power of his statement was that actors care more about their paycheck than what fans think. We just have different opinions on what his post meant. I took it literally, while you're seeing it figuratively. Maybe both are true & maybe neither are, but he's posting a lot of tweets. I don't think that each one is related to a project. It would be pretty easy to overlook anything he says that way. Maybe it's a fun way for him to tease fans. I don't think his response to New Zealand not signing a petition about the legitimacy of the WHO investigation is about a pandemic show he has in the works. Do you? He's a person, not just an actor & I don't interpret every line the way you do.

2 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

I felt the power of his statement was that actors care more about their paycheck than what fans think. We just have different opinions on what his post meant. I took it literally, while you're seeing it figuratively. Maybe both are true & maybe neither are, but he's posting a lot of tweets. I don't think that each one is related to a project. It would be pretty easy to overlook anything he says that way. Maybe it's a fun way for him to tease fans. I don't think his response to New Zealand not signing a petition about the legitimacy of the WHO investigation is about a pandemic show he has in the works. Do you? He's a person, not just an actor & I don't interpret every line the way you do.

Now you are just spinning in the wind to support a stance Antony Starr is just cruising around Twitter posting to every statement with no real relevance to the topic.

Now ignoring the fact Antony Starr is from New Zealand so he was embarrassed for his home country ( :baiting: ), yes he is also a person. But posting about the WHO investigation versus a specific role is two different topics. Or are you saying you have a difficult time distinguishing between the two?

Meanwhile - yeah. Antony Starr is originally from New Zealand. Glad I could help share that fact with you. :smile:

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Now you are just spinning in the wind to support a stance Antony Starr is just cruising around Twitter posting to every statement with no real relevance to the topic.

Now ignoring the fact Antony Starr is from New Zealand so he was embarrassed for his home country ( :baiting: ), yes he is also a person. But posting about the WHO investigation versus a specific role is two different topics. Or are you saying you have a difficult time distinguishing between the two?

Meanwhile - yeah. Antony Starr is originally from New Zealand. Glad I could help share that fact with you. :smile:

I already know he's from New Zealand, but you seem to think that he can't make a post related to a character, without having a stake in the character. Again, I think his point was about the financial relativity of anyone playing Wolverine. I'm just saying he's human & maybe it was related to any actor considering the part. You don't think that's a possibility?

4 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

I already know he's from New Zealand, but you seem to think that he can't make a post related to a character, without having a stake in the character. Again, I think his point was about the financial relativity of anyone playing Wolverine. I'm just saying he's human & maybe it was related to any actor considering the part. You don't think that's a possibility?

Is it possible? Sure. Anyone can happen across a topic and throw in their opinion (relevant or otherwise).

Does someone speak in actualities how something will play out the way he stated it? That comes across not as an off-the-cuff opinion ("From experience studios will pick someone that can handle such attacks because they will just not care") but more factual (exaggerated here but along the lines of "I can tell you now who they cast will just not care"). There is a difference in the message delivered and interpreted from that approach.

I just looked up this Antony Starr wankah. He's too old and too tall to play Logan in the MCU.

Taron Egerton is still the best choice so far from actors with names in the fan hat. He's short, he's young, and he somewhat resembles the Fox Wolverine.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

Just now, Bosco685 said:

Is it possible? Sure. Anyone can happen across a topic and throw in their opinion (relevant or otherwise).

Does someone speak in actualities how something will play out the way he stated it? That comes across not as an off-the-cuff opinion ("From experience studios will pick someone that can handle such attacks because they will just not care") but more factual (exaggerated here but along the lines of "I can tell you now who they cast will just not care"). There is a difference in the message delivered and interpreted from that approach.

Just as you pointed out that, he was defending his home country with the WHO post. It's entirely possible that he was just defending his profession & anyone's reasoning to play the character with the Wolverine post. I don't see it going further than that. Just because Daisy Ridley has an interest in playing Spider Woman, doesn't mean she has the part either, but she clearly made her intentions known at least. This isn't an attack on you & we are entitled to our own opinions. You can come bring up as many points as you want, it won't change my opinion unless there is news announced from Marvel to support your view.

2 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

Just as you pointed out that, he was defending his home country with the WHO post. It's entirely possible that he was just defending his profession & anyone's reasoning to play the character with the Wolverine post. I don't see it going further than that. Just because Daisy Ridley has an interest in playing Spider Woman, doesn't mean she has the part either, but she clearly made her intentions known at least. This isn't an attack on you & we are entitled to our own opinions. You can come bring up as many points as you want, it won't change my opinion unless there is news announced from Marvel to support your view.

And it won't change mine how odd a happenstance that was (and yes, I am being tongue-in-cheek about calling that 'happenstance'). It was very odd.

On 4/6/2021 at 7:31 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

I just looked up this Antony Starr wankah. He's too old and too short to play Logan in the MCU.

Taron Egerton is still the best choice so far from actors with names in the fan hat. He's short, he's young, and he somewhat resembles the Fox Wolverine.

Agrees.   I don't care who they choose as long as he is not 6 foot again.  That's not wolverine 

32 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Agrees.   I don't care who they choose as long as he is not 6 foot again.  That's not wolverine 

Did Tony Stark's height in the MCU bother you this much?

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

I actually have no idea how tall he really is in the comics

ME's Tony Stark: 6'1" tall

MCU's Tony Stark: 5'9" tall

To me, give me an actor that can nail the ferocity and unpredictability of Logan and call it done. Don't let height restrict who you talk with.

5 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I want somebody small and burly just like the books.   

Agree. Out of the hundreds of actors vying for this part, somebody worthy has to be 5'7" or less. Logan is supposed to be shorter, but you can cheat it.

A buddy of mine who was very very short and a comics Wolverine worshipper was always offended that Wolverine in the movies was this tall dashing guy, Hugh Jackman. Although, I loved Jackman's Wolverine like everybody else, I always felt bad for my friend. Very short folks need representation, too.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Agree. Out of the hundreds of actors vying for this part, somebody worthy has to be 5'7" or less. Logan is supposed to be shorter, but you can cheat it.

A buddy of mine who was very very short and a comics Wolverine worshipper was always offended that Wolverine in the movies was this tall dashing guy, Hugh Jackman. Although, I loved Jackman's Wolverine like everybody else, I always felt bad for my friend. Very short folks need representation, too.

lol, I mean he's name is Wolverine.. not Grizzly Bear.  Wolverines are compact, ferocious animals.