• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's X-MEN film (TBD)
3 3

554 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

lol, I mean he's name is Wolverine.. not Grizzly Bear.  Wolverines are compact, ferocious animals.  

Right. And I also think Bryan Singer was confused between a wolf and a wolverine. Hugh Jackman was more of a lone wolf. Singer even has Logan bond with a wolf in X2. Wolverines are (relatively) large weasels, not canines.

22 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

lol, I mean he's name is Wolverine.. not Grizzly Bear.  Wolverines are compact, ferocious animals.  

This is a silly topic that comes up too often. Sorry.

What if the MCU takes the stance with Wolverine that it is with other characters and it goes the route of X-23 is its 'Wolverine' because Logan is dead?

Superhero-Movies-X-23.jpg.95ce04213f49e18ada1ddcb0f5a7a72e.jpg

Then all these height fixations can go by the wayside and we get back to enjoying the characters and the films. And the streaming shows if that is where this lands.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

What if the MCU takes the stance with Wolverine that it is with other characters and it goes the route of X-23 is its 'Wolverine' because Logan is dead?

Superhero-Movies-X-23.jpg.95ce04213f49e18ada1ddcb0f5a7a72e.jpg

Then all these height fixations can go by the wayside and we get back to enjoying the characters and the films. And the streaming shows if that is where this lands.

Logan isn't dead in the MCU. Logan is dead in a far-off apocalyptic future over in the Foxverse. Logan has yet to be introduced in the Feigeverse.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

Logan isn't dead in the MCU. Logan is dead in a far-off apocalyptic future over in the Foxverse. Logan has yet to be introduced in the Feigeverse.

Ahhh. You forget the Fox X-Men history. Feige was the Assistant Producer, Producer and then later Executive Producer on all of their films.

Feigeverse has been going on a long time, my MCU-blind compadre. Stomp your Captain Marvel booties all you want.

17 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Ahhh. You forget the Fox X-Men history. Feige was the Assistant Producer, Producer and then later Executive Producer on all of their films.

Feigeverse has been going on a long time, my MCU-blind compadre. Stomp your Captain Marvel booties all you want.

1778706972_AnimatedGIF-downsized_large(2).gif.0f571f3f3c9cf9c7479a73509683836a.gif

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

1778706972_AnimatedGIF-downsized_large(2).gif.0f571f3f3c9cf9c7479a73509683836a.gif

A film producer is a person who oversees film production. Either employed by a production company or working independently, producers plan and coordinate various aspects of film production, such as selecting the -script; coordinating writing, directing, editing; and arranging financing.

thatshwatshesaid.gif.4d6c4469e902db292671db81e4a1afd1.gif

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

A film producer is a person who oversees film production. Either employed by a production company or working independently, producers plan and coordinate various aspects of film production, such as selecting the --script; coordinating writing, directing, editing; and arranging financing.

Technically, Kevin Feige was Associate Producer on the Fox X-Men films and Raimi Spider-Man film(s). Associate Producer is a far cry from being Producer or Executive Producer. It means you have far less creative control over the project. Feige's main purpose on X-Men was actually comics consultant. The Fox X-Universe was very much controlled creatively by Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinsberg.

Kevin Feige didn't become a full-on Producer with creative control over the project until he was given control of Marvel Studios and made Iron Man.

Technically, Kevin Feige was Associate Producer on the Fox X-Men films and Raimi Spider-Man film(s). Associate Producer is a far cry from being Producer or Executive Producer. It means you have far less creative control over the project. Feige's main purpose on X-Men was actually comics consultant. The Fox X-Universe was very much controlled creatively by Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinsberg.

Kevin Feige didn't become a full-on Producer with creative control over the project until he was given control of Marvel Studios and made Iron Man.

Wrong again.

Feige_producer.JPG.59c90908d6666d147168802fadae3cec.JPG

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Wrong again.

Feige_producer.JPG.59c90908d6666d147168802fadae3cec.JPG

For all the films listed below Iron Man, Kevin Feige was not technically Producer, again meaning he didn't have creative control. The credited Producer with creative control over the Fox Fantastic Four films was Simon Kinberg. The credited Producers with creative control on the Raimi Spiderman movies were Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin. The credited Producer with creative control over the Daredevil and Elektra movies was, again, Avi Arad. The Producer credit for Kevin Feige after Iron Man in this list is important, that's the first movie where he had creative control over the project.

I should start getting paid around here for all the schooling I do on a weekly basis.

For all the films listed below Iron Man, Kevin Feige was not technically Producer, again meaning he didn't have creative control. The credited Producer with creative control over the Fox Fantastic Four films was Simon Kinberg. The credited Producers with creative control on the Raimi Spiderman movies were Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin. The credited Producer with creative control over the Daredevil and Elektra movies was, again, Avi Arad. The Producer credit for Kevin Feige after Iron Man in this list is important, that's the first movie where he had creative control over the project.

I should start getting paid around here for all the schooling I do on a weekly basis.

I am sure you believe this. In your mind though Feige never had creative control until the MCU. Wake up and realize he learned his role through direct experience. Not sitting on the sidelines watching things go by.

Now when he was an AP early on, that is the person that works under a given Producer to help organize scripts and readings, along tracking changes. If you go back and watch the 'making of' featurette of X-Men (2000) Feige introduces himself in the -script reading as his first intro to the film.

But no. As the co-producer Feige didn't just kick back, hoping it all turned out okay.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

This is a silly topic that comes up too often. Sorry.

I don't think it's silly.  It's something I would love to see.  Wolverine as I imagined growing up. I would love to see him on the big screen.  Jackman did not fit the mold for me.

That's just my opinion.  No need to discount it if it doesn't fit yours.  

Just now, Bosco685 said:

I am sure you believe this. In your mind though Feige never had creative control until the MCU. Wake up and realize he learned his role through direct experience. Not sitting on the sidelines watching things go by.

Now when he was an AP early on, that is the person that works under a given Producer to help organize scripts and readings, along tracking changes. If you go back and watch the 'making of' featurette of X-Men (2000) Feige introduces himself in the --script reading as his first intro to the film.

But no. As the co-producer Feige didn't just kick back, hoping it all turned out okay.

Yes, I know, he was brought in to X-Men not only for knowing his way around a production office, but also for his comic book knowledge. That was important. In the end, though, Feige didn't have the final creative word over those early Marvel movies. Final creative control was left to Donner and Kinberg as the main Producers, and Bryan Singer as director.

Just now, Wolverinex said:

I don't think it's silly.  It's something I would love to see.  Wolverine as I imagined growing up. I would love to see him on the big screen.  Jackman did not fit the mold for me.

That's just my opinion.  No need to discount it if it doesn't fit yours.  

It is dismissed when these height discussions end up fixating so much on the comic book height and less on the real meat and potatoes of the role - the performer.

Sorry you end up in the middle of that. But your co-partner seems to fixate on this excessively as the MCU aficionado when Feige is all about solid actors in these roles. And for many Jackman was solid in the role, though not always used to the best of his acting abilities. Though in The Wolverine and Logan he clearly demonstrated the character as ferocious, unpredictable and excessively tormented while serving as an anti-hero.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Yes, I know, he was brought in to X-Men not only for knowing his way around a production office, but also for his comic book knowledge. That was important. In the end, though, Feige didn't have the final creative word over those early Marvel movies. Final creative control was left to Donner and Kinberg as the main Producers, and Bryan Singer as director.

Those terms are the most accurate thing you noted. There is no disputing that. And it was Lauren Shuler Donner that noted late in the X-Franchise cycle Feige had brought her a fantastic concept that later became the MCU that someone above her squashed and she regretted.

But as far as serving in a Producer role, Feige held more than one full Producer role. No matter what disclaimer you want to insert as if Feige needs character damage protection.

9 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

who?

Daniel Radcliffe - Guns Akimbo demonstrated how nutty a performance he can deliver

Taron Egerton - Leading man and supporting actor star power