• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's X-MEN film (TBD)
3 3

556 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2019 at 12:07 PM, Bosco685 said:

It will be interesting as they develop this film when they will start to announce any casting choices.

Are we allowed to post our most-wanted rosters? I'd love to see Xavier, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Archangel, Colossus, Rogue, Bishop, Wolverine, Cecilia Reyes. Have Reyes have her powers develop while in med class, causing danger and attracting the attention of the movie's bad guys.. She gets isolated and attacked, learning that her shield is not only defensive but offensive, and she sees an actual angel from heaven come down to her. Of course, we know it's just Archangel, but it sets off a massive thing with her. 

1 hour ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Are we allowed to post our most-wanted rosters? I'd love to see Xavier, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Archangel, Colossus, Rogue, Bishop, Wolverine, Cecilia Reyes. Have Reyes have her powers develop while in med class, causing danger and attracting the attention of the movie's bad guys.. She gets isolated and attacked, learning that her shield is not only defensive but offensive, and she sees an actual angel from heaven come down to her. Of course, we know it's just Archangel, but it sets off a massive thing with her. 

You bet! But thanks for asking.

Theorize away to your fan heart's content. :popcorn:

13 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

I chuckle at the thought of Radcliffe on the marvel juice regiment…

I have no clue how to feel about this.

In my heart, no one will replace Jackman. I know that the MCU will have a Wolverine at some point, though, so I have to wonder if he would be any good...

I hope we get an unknown as Wolverine. That'd be preferable to me. But sadly I feel the MCU is past that. 

20 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I hope we get an unknown as Wolverine. That'd be preferable to me. But sadly I feel the MCU is past that. 

I have to agree. It would be cool if they nailed the right go-forward casting with someone that is a perfect replacement for Hugh Jackman, and nobody saw them coming. Also bring back the actress as X-23.

But I also think you are right on what to expect.

21 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I’d prefer an unknown also.

Heres a question: Would casting Harry Potter as Wolverine cause Hulk #181 prices to decline, flatten, or rise even sharper?

8 hours ago, HighVoltage said:

I’d prefer an unknown also.

Heres a question: Would casting Harry Potter as Wolverine cause Hulk #181 prices to decline, flatten, or rise even sharper?

It would become dollar box fodder.

11 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

It would become dollar box fodder.

'Get your IH181's, get your IH181's here! Free with any purchase of Youngblood #1!' 

Hugh Jackman's latest Instagram story indicates that he may return as Wolverine in the MCU, posting Wolverine fan art and a picture with Kevin Feige.

Home Movie News Hugh Jackman Hints At Wolverine Return In The MCU
Hugh Jackman Hints at Wolverine Return in the MCU
Hugh Jackman's latest Instagram story indicates that he may return as Wolverine in the MCU, posting Wolverine fan art and a picture with Kevin Feige.

BY CHRISTOPHER FIDUCCIA
PUBLISHED 21 MINUTES AGO
Hugh Jackman Wolverine MCU Marvel Studios
Hugh Jackman seems to be teasing that he's joining the MCU as Wolverine. Jackman has become synonymous with the X-Men character after playing the mutant for nearly 20 years. Jackman has since retired from playing Wolverine, with his character dying at the end of 2017's Logan.

While Jackman's days as Wolverine seem to have come to an end, the X-Men franchise isn't going away anytime soon. After numerous delays, last year's New Mutants ended Fox's X-Men series on a low note. Ryan Reynolds Deadpool is the only character not being rebooted in the MCU after Disney acquired 20th Century Fox. Kevin Feige confirmed at SDCC 2019 that the X-Men would eventually be introduced to the MCU. For the past few years, there has been speculation on who would replace Jackman as Wolverine, but now it looks like Marvel might not need to hire a new actor.

965699137_Screenshot_20210705-2024552.thumb.png.319f43c29a7dbdfbf5b458c37cce86cf.png

With Spider-Man No Way Home tying the previous franchises universes into the MCU I've been thinking of the best way to introduce the already existing Mutants into the MCU.

Deadpool 3 is most likely our first Disney led X movie, and I think the best plot to bring in the various X characters has to be Mojoverse. Pitting Wade against a cybernetic nearly amorphous blob already writes its self, but it would also allow them to have Mojo pull characters from all the seperate X timelines to combat each other for his multiversal cable show. 

The possibilities? Basically endless at that point. You could get anyone you want: X 23 from Logan, some of the New Mutants like Magik and Dani, Mcavoy and Fassbender without having to retcon their time constrained origins, Cable and Colossus from Deadpool, whoever else you need from Age of Apocalypse/Dark Phoenix to fill out your roster, and New characters like Longshot or whoever else is necessary to tell the story without having to recast every single character since Fox basically used them all. Just a thought anyway (shrug)

10 hours ago, AJLewandoski said:

With Spider-Man No Way Home tying the previous franchises universes into the MCU I've been thinking of the best way to introduce the already existing Mutants into the MCU.

Deadpool 3 is most likely our first Disney led X movie, and I think the best plot to bring in the various X characters has to be Mojoverse.

I think your idea is pretty good!

But I absolutely hate Mojo. :sick:  

29 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

And please - no X-Babies!

God no! That would be the worst. I was thinking mostly just gladiatorial death matches none of that other nonsense. I know Mojo is repulsive but Ryan Reynolds would make it hysterical just think of the scene where TJ Miller is making fun of Wade's messed up face but 100x times worse. lol Not to mention if you bring in an Xavier you can roll mutants into the MCU by having him create a new cerebro to detect the X gene in our existing universe.

13 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

965699137_Screenshot_20210705-2024552.thumb.png.319f43c29a7dbdfbf5b458c37cce86cf.png

Jackman, Fassbender, and Stewart were all great in their respective roles.  If they could find a way to bring those 3 back even if for one movie/cameo that would be awesome.  

The rest of the characters were ok to forgettable.  (However the Quicksilver shots were just fantastic, but he was really only a bit player.)