• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA auction
2 2

1,042 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2019 at 7:59 PM, delekkerste said:

Faded inks and it's been available publicly (auction and/or dealer site) I want to say at least a couple of times in recent memory.  Plus, it's up almost 80% in just 2 years (sold in Nov. 2017 at HA for $20.3K), so, $36K doesn't seem like an underperformance to me!

Yup.

$18k for the ASM #308 panel page was eye-opening too, and in conjunction with other public and private sales seems to indicate McSpidey OA prices have almost doubled over the past year or so.

33 minutes ago, O. said:

Yup.

$18k for the ASM #308 panel page was eye-opening too, and in conjunction with other public and private sales seems to indicate McSpidey OA prices have almost doubled over the past year or so.

It could be the international millennials buying into what looks like a sure thing for years to come; McFarlane Amazing Spider-Man. 

14 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

Then you'll only need the cover for the complete book  :whatthe:

Na...Pages and Splashes are where it's at for me.........Not the covers...I owned the asm 41 cover...... bought it for 10k back in 1994.....traded it and cash to get the ASM 40 cover...which i then parted with in late 1995 (at a value of 20k) to raise the cash to do an incredible deal to pick up 130 ASM pages (many splashes also) from ASM 89-90 and 96-104 when Marvel "FINALLY" gave Gil Kane his pencillers share of art back from his ASM run they supposed JUST FOUND in October 1995! LOL....  (2/3 of all art pages from each book)

Arguably my greatest purchase ever!   (Still own all but 2 pages from that deal i think, as i parted with 2 to2  fellow collectors seeking specific pages that weren't that dear to me from ASM 99)

Edited by romitaman

22 hours ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

Sorry I disagree. If there is a piece of art that is way undervalued in the last minutes of auction and I feel that the buyer shouldn’t pay less than $X, I will put in bids to make sure the buyer doesn’t get it for less than $Y price. If I win it, great; maybe I got a deal on it. But my intention isn’t to win it; it’s to make sure it doesn’t go for a wholesale price. Hence, punishment bid. 

(thumbsu

7 hours ago, romitaman said:

Na...Pages and Splashes are where it's at for me.........Not the covers...I owned the asm 41 cover...... bought it for 10k back in 1994.....traded it and cash to get the ASM 40 cover...which i then parted with in late 1995 (at a value of 20k) to raise the cash to do an incredible deal to pick up 130 ASM pages (many splashes also) from ASM 89-90 and 96-104 when Marvel "FINALLY" gave Gil Kane his pencillers share of art back from his ASM run they supposed JUST FOUND in October 1995! LOL....  (2/3 of all art pages from each book)

Arguably my greatest purchase ever!   (Still own all but 2 pages from that deal i think, as i parted with 2 to2  fellow collectors seeking specific pages that weren't that dear to me from ASM 99)

I knew that you were mostly interiors at some point in time but for some reason I thought that your thinking had wavered.  

The #41 is a great cover - one that I prefer to the 40.

23 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Did heritage stop taking paypal? I went to check out today and it was not an option to pay with paypal

Look dubious but you’ll have to call them and ask. I had to call for payment questions and they were pretty easy to get a hold of. Also, credit cards incur an additional 2.5% surcharge 😒

Edited by Jay Olie Espy
Oh, and you do get a 1% discount if you pay by eCheck

1 minute ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

Look dubious but you’ll have to call them and ask. I had to call for payment questions and they were pretty easy to get a hold of. Also, credit cards incur an additional 2.5% surcharge 😒

ugh thanks.. I saw they added the surcharge on CC so i figured I would use Paypal as I have in the past to avoid that. I will call. 

6 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

ugh thanks.. I saw they added the surcharge on CC so i figured I would use Paypal as I have in the past to avoid that. I will call. 

Just noticed this myself, and the 1% echeck rebate also seems to be gone. 

6 hours ago, thethedew said:

I know you're kidding around to some degree, but I just wanted to bleat out - I've tried the above, and it's always been a disaster.  Disaster.

Agree. Never worked out for me. The crazy purchases. The purchases using heart only and no rational thought. The purchases where I was sure I was nuts and I'll be buried with it before it being worth more than I paid for it, are the ones that have escalated in value beyond all the others. 

34 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Hasn't that been gone for many years now?  

No.

That option was available as recently as a few weeks ago before the new implementation went in ("live" 11/15/19 iirc).

Never utilized it as I always had at least a 1.5% cashback card available instead.

7 minutes ago, vodou said:

No.

That option was available as recently as a few weeks ago before the new implementation went in ("live" 11/15/19 iirc).

Never utilized it as I always had at least a 1.5% cashback card available instead.

I'm guessing the 1% rebate was only still available below a certain $ threshold, then. The 1% eCheck rebate has been gone for years now for me.  But, my HA purchases all tend to be chunky in size. 

Edited by delekkerste

1 hour ago, comix4fun said:

Agree. Never worked out for me. The crazy purchases. The purchases using heart only and no rational thought. The purchases where I was sure I was nuts and I'll be buried with it before it being worth more than I paid for it, are the ones that have escalated in value beyond all the others. 

Heart only works better than brain only but IMO walk the line between the two for best results.   That doesn’t always mean having the brain hold you back, sometimes it means having the brain tell you to spend as much as you can come up with and buying twenty pieces instead of one.   2c

Edited by Bronty

22 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

I'm guessing the 1% rebate was only still available below a certain $ threshold, then. The 1% eCheck rebate has been gone for years now for me.  But, my HA purchases all tend to be chunky in size. 

Probably the same time they limited credit card use to invoices under 2500. My purchases tend to not be chunky, but flippable for more than x% loss over fifteen years ;)

38 minutes ago, vodou said:

No.

Yeah, I utilized the 1% rebate about 8 weeks ago. 

Neither here nor there, but if you use a 1.5% cash back card aren’t you getting charged 2.5% for using a credit card?