• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SECRET INVASION show (2022?)
5 5

311 posts in this topic

On 4/25/2021 at 7:52 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

And as I said over in Falcon's thread, I do not think the Skrulls will be the invading alien force (or whatever it is) in the Disney+ series.

Better edit that Falcon thread post.

Synopsis for Secret Invasion: Set in the present-day MCU, Nick Fury learns of a clandestine invasion of Earth by a faction of shapeshifting Skrulls. Fury joins his allies, including Everett Ross, Maria Hill and the Skrull Talos, who has made a life for himself on Earth. Together they race against time to thwart an imminent Skrull invasion and save humanity

On 4/3/2023 at 4:22 AM, Bosco685 said:
On 4/25/2021 at 7:52 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

And as I said over in Falcon's thread, I do not think the Skrulls will be the invading alien force in the Disney+ series.

Better edit that Falcon thread post.

Everything we’ve seen of Skrulls in the MCU is that they’re allies of Nick Fury and Earth. So why on Earth would they suddenly be an evil invading alien farce? It would make no sense in the larger MCU story.

From the official story synopsis, trailers, and rumors so far, the “bad guy” Skrulls appear to be a faction of disgruntled Skrulls that were installed on Earth as a spy network put in place by Nick Fury himself to do the work that SHIELD could no longer do, and who have now gone rogue. And that this faction includes Talos’ daughter, G’iah. Perhaps we can assume that these rogue Skrulls developed alternate plans after the Snap that don’t fit with the new world order after the Blip. Either way, Secret Invasion seems less like a wholesale alien invasion of Earth and more like an inside job by Skrull mutineers.

On 4/3/2023 at 7:56 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Everything we’ve seen of Skrulls in the MCU is that they’re allies of Nick Fury and Earth. So why on Earth would they suddenly be an evil invading alien farce?

Have you ever even watched professional wrestling?  

On 4/3/2023 at 10:56 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Everything we’ve seen of Skrulls in the MCU is that they’re allies of Nick Fury and Earth. So why on Earth would they suddenly be an evil invading alien farce? It would make no sense in the larger MCU story.

From the official story synopsis, trailers, and rumors so far, the “bad guy” Skrulls appear to be a faction of disgruntled Skrulls that were installed on Earth as a spy network put in place by Nick Fury himself to do the work that SHIELD could no longer do, and who have now gone rogue. And that this faction includes Talos’ daughter, G’iah. Perhaps we can assume that these rogue Skrulls developed alternate plans after the Snap that don’t fit with the new world order after the Blip. Either way, Secret Invasion seems less like a wholesale alien invasion of Earth and more like an inside job by Skrull mutineers.

You have to focus on the synopsis details for the clue:

Nick Fury learns of a clandestine invasion of Earth by a faction of shapeshifting Skrulls

So a dissenting group does not agree with the arrangement Talos worked out with Nick Fury. Seems plausible.

On 4/3/2023 at 10:56 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Everything we’ve seen of Skrulls in the MCU is that they’re allies of Nick Fury and Earth. So why on Earth would they suddenly be an evil invading alien farce?

Because human civilization wouldn't work like this at any point during our history, so I don't see why Skrull civilization would, either.  We are not of one mind--we are of HUNDREDS of minds here on Earth.  Every nation is separate, and even within nations we have several or dozens of sub-groups that do not think alike.  If every group of aliens in the 616 were either hostile or friendly to other alien species it would be EXTREMELY unrealistic--just as the comics have mostly been since the Skrulls were first introduced as purely hostile creatures.  So I'm heartened by the idea that in Captain Marvel we saw the open-minded Skrulls, and here we may be seeing another Skrull group that isn't quite as noble to alien species.

Certainly the expanded view of the universe once a civilization can travel between solar systems would set in with humanity so the Skrulls should be more united than we are today on Earth, but I highly doubt we would converge into a single group of humans with singular goals throughout the galaxy.  So I would expect Skrulls, Kree, the Shi'ar, etc etc to all have different groups with different goals.

I would certainly LIKE to think humanity would have a largely singular galactic vision as Gene Roddenberry showed with the Federation in Star Trek, but if I were immortal and around to see humanity become space explorers I certainly wouldn't hold my breath waiting for us to unite.  :blush:

Edited by fantastic_four

I've been avoiding Secret Invasion since I first heard about it in the comics for no good reason, really, except two--I'm busy, and I always hated the "Secret Wars" being called "Secret" for overly-simplistic and overly-sensationalist reasons, so I was automatically biased against Secret Invasion.  I just learned this morning what Secret Invasion in the comics is even about.  Now that I've given the story a chance I'm pretty interested in it.

Last night I watched the new trailer and was utterly bored.  I haven't watched the original trailer from September but will do so soon.  Now that I know the comic series was a slow build to the big heroes vs Super-Skrull battles I'm far more open to whatever the series is about.  But will we get anything close to epic without more build-up after Captain Marvel 2?  I guess we'll see.  Is there a chance there will be more to the story after Captain Marvel 2?  :wishluck:

Either way I'm looking forward to this now.  :popcorn:

On 4/3/2023 at 11:26 AM, Bosco685 said:

You have to focus on the synopsis details for the clue:

So a dissenting group does not agree with the arrangement Talos worked out with Nick Fury. Seems plausible.

I am actually interested in this.  Just need to except it will have very little to do with the actual Secrete Invasion comic storyline.