• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SECRET INVASION show (2022?)
5 5

311 posts in this topic

Ok, am I doing something wrong, or is Disney pulling more trickery with Rotten Tomatoes.  When I go there and pull up this show it currently is sitting at 66% for critics and 84% for audiences, however it is not listing how many reviewers have reviewed it, like the site normally does.  In fact every other thing I click on has how many people have reviewed it, but not this.  

And never mind, it is showing the number of reviewers now.  Must have just been a glitch on my end.

Edited by media_junkie

On 6/22/2023 at 5:53 AM, ymisbatg said:

It seems the opening credits were made using AI art.  Article from polygon.com is HERE  

It seems a bit "gimmicky" to me, but I'm not the one making the show.

Lame, but it fits what the series should be about, so a rare pass may be in order.

I had no idea this already dropped, but will check out the first episode...guess this could be a sign of "Marvel fatigue" for me, as I was in the loop with all of the previous D+ series and watched episodes within a day or two of their release.

I never read the comic series on which this show was based, and don't know if that's a good or bad thing? (shrug)

i really hope Nick Fury meets his demise on this show

and the first 5 minutes were great, finally a more serious show but nope didn't last

of course Sam Jackson playing Sam Jackson like he does in every role

like many of their Disney+ shows, the biggest question I ask myself is "why should I care" I think they failed to answer that question with a very general answer

i'll continue to watch but I doubt it will get any better

I really liked it - it laid down some great espionage-ey stuff. I liked that Kraddick (or whatever his name is) was the girl with the ball - that was a cool touch to establish that things aren't what they seem. I was a little worried with the mush-mouthed conspiracy agent at the beginning, it was a little hard to put together what he was trying to put across, but I think the episode was a good start.

I'd been hoping for years they'd touch back on the spy magic they hit with Winter Soldier, and this seems to be their attempt. I love Old Man Fury. He's paunchy, scruff, worse-for-wear and can't handle what happened with the snap - which is believable, since he likely styled himself as the Guy Who's Big Ideas Protect Planet Earth, and he failed at that. I'm totally ok with that introspection.

I am excited to see where it goes. The ending...I dug it.

On 6/23/2023 at 9:55 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I really liked it - it laid down some great espionage-ey stuff. I liked that Kraddick (or whatever his name is) was the girl with the ball - that was a cool touch to establish that things aren't what they seem. I was a little worried with the mush-mouthed conspiracy agent at the beginning, it was a little hard to put together what he was trying to put across, but I think the episode was a good start.

I'd been hoping for years they'd touch back on the spy magic they hit with Winter Soldier, and this seems to be their attempt. I love Old Man Fury. He's paunchy, scruff, worse-for-wear and can't handle what happened with the snap - which is believable, since he likely styled himself as the Guy Who's Big Ideas Protect Planet Earth, and he failed at that. I'm totally ok with that introspection.

I am excited to see where it goes. The ending...I dug it.

you and I would make a great review team

On 6/23/2023 at 9:19 AM, jsilverjanet said:

you and I would make a great review team

Ha! That's be kinda awesome. I can cover the fat, bald and glasses portion of the host requirements.

On 6/23/2023 at 9:41 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

@Dr. Balls seems to emphasize the good in everything. I will admit that I tend to lead with my criticisms, which may come off as 'negativity', but I find it typically easier to mention what didn't work in a movie as most aspects of a film tend to be positive.

Thanks for pointing that out, I try. However, I have leaned more than once into a fire-and-brimstone review on things that patently don't work at all. To each their own - the best part about this section of the boards - aside from perhaps the box office numbers topic lol - most people get along registering their opinions on shows.