• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI show (TBD)
9 9

547 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2022 at 7:14 PM, Bosco685 said:

But Third Sister should have known better. She has seen him in action previously.

Hubris is a hell of a drug. 

Spoiler

Also, What is she going to do with the comms device?…

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 6/15/2022 at 11:18 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Hubris is a hell of a drug. 

Hide contents

Also, What is she going to do with the comms device?…

Exposes that there is a high value asset out there that might seek to further her agenda

On 6/15/2022 at 11:27 PM, Buzzetta said:

Exposes that there is a high value asset out there that might seek to further her agenda

I’m surprised he didn’t Dooku her. He must get a sense that her hatred for him will help advance his agenda. 

On 6/15/2022 at 11:29 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I’m surprised he didn’t Dooku her. He must get a sense that her hatred for him will help advance his agenda. 

UNless he is too focused on Obi Wan

On 6/15/2022 at 7:14 PM, Bosco685 said:

This was a decent episode. 

But Third Sister should have known better. She has seen him in action previously.

I've been reflecting on this episode. I'm more of 'very good' then 'decent' as revisiting Anakin and Obi-Wan's mentoring relationship was nice to see. And each learning about what drives their actions. And any time you have Darth Vader in action makes for a good experience.

:headbang:

On 6/15/2022 at 5:14 PM, Bosco685 said:

This was a decent episode. 

This reinforced why she is only the 3rd sister. The first two knew better.

On 6/16/2022 at 8:19 AM, Bosco685 said:

I've been reflecting on this episode. I'm more of 'very good' then 'decent' as revisiting Anakin and Obi-Wan's mentoring relationship was nice to see. And each learning about what drives their actions. And any time you have Darth Vader in action makes for a good experience.

:headbang:

My question is this - if he can use the force to pull down a ship taking off now, whey did he not do the same moving ships around in any of the original trilogy? For instance, all he would have had to do in A New Hope is stand a short distance in front of the thermal vent and wave his hands around smashing X and Y wings into the Death Star walls for a bit. Not as dramatic, but more effective than the approach he did choose......

On 6/16/2022 at 2:02 PM, kimik said:

My question is this - if he can use the force to pull down a ship taking off now, whey did he not do the same moving ships around in any of the original trilogy? For instance, all he would have had to do in A New Hope is stand a short distance in front of the thermal vent and wave his hands around smashing X and Y wings into the Death Star walls for a bit. Not as dramatic, but more effective than the approach he did choose......

It's very straining and takes all their focus on one object. We've only seen Vader,Ahsoka and Ray/Kylo have the raw power to affect a moving ship. 

I may have missed someone but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Edited by I like pie

On 6/16/2022 at 1:10 PM, I like pie said:

It's very straining and takes all their focus on one object. We've only seen Vader,Ahsoka and Ray/Rylo have the raw power to affect a moving ship. 

I am being a bit facetious with my comment. At the time of the original trilogy they may have considered showing him as that powerful but did not. 

That being said, if three force wielders can do it, and none are technically Masters, then basically anyone can......

At least Oldie-One is starting to resemble Obi-Wan after a few days finally.

Edited by kimik

On 6/16/2022 at 3:10 PM, I like pie said:

It's very straining and takes all their focus on one object. We've only seen Vader,Ahsoka and Ray/Rylo have the raw power to affect a moving ship. 

Luke has exhibited that power as well.  I forget though if when he did whether it is now considered canon or not. 

Starkiller was able to do it as well but that is definitely not canon.