• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI show (TBD)
9 9

547 posts in this topic

On 6/10/2022 at 5:54 PM, jsilverjanet said:

There should be a documentary made by someone talking with Star Wars fans on what they would have done differently

I think it would be hilarious to hear

What I would have done differently? Ended at Return of the Jedi and never made another member berry cash grab.

On 6/10/2022 at 6:27 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Which character, and at which time period? Obi-Wan was a feeble old man who engaged in one of the worst lightsaber battles in the history of Star Wars in ANH. 

Vader is not acting like himself, letting loose cannons run around with little to no punishment, and not immediately killing Kenobi.  The plot armor is strong.

On 6/10/2022 at 7:35 PM, Browns81 said:

Vader is not acting like himself, letting loose cannons run around with little to no punishment, and not immediately killing Kenobi.  The plot armor is strong.

Besides insufficiently_thoughtful_person imperial officers, of which there are a bunch, who did he dish out lethal punishment to? He was taking orders from Grand Moff Tarkin in ANH, so we get an idea of where he stands in the Emporer’s pecking order and the limit of his badassness that you are longing for. 

He told Kenobi, he wanted him to suffer like he has. I can only imagine that this is physical and emotional as he uses him to get to other Jedi coming to him for help. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 6/10/2022 at 6:54 PM, jsilverjanet said:

There should be a documentary made by someone talking with Star Wars fans on what they would have done differently

I think it would be hilarious to hear

Nostalgia is a lot like beer goggles. Some of these shows are providing that morning-after realization of certain characters or storylines without the added embarrassment of a walk of shame. 

On 6/10/2022 at 6:49 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Besides insufficiently_thoughtful_person imperial officers, of which there are a bunch, who did he dish out lethal punishment to? He was taking orders from Grand Moff Tarkin in ANH, so we get an idea of where he stands in the Emporer’s pecking order and the limit of his badassness that you are longing for. 

He told Kenobi, he wanted him to suffer like he has. I can only imagine that this is physical and emotional as he uses him to get to other Jedi coming to him for help. 

He killed a ton of,villagers if I recall episode 2 or was it 3

On 6/10/2022 at 9:31 PM, jsilverjanet said:

He killed a ton of,villagers if I recall episode 2 or was it 3

Oh yeah, he will kill anyone who gets in his way. I meant the Imperials who work for him or who are essentially his co-workers under Palpatine. I don’t doubt he will kill any or all of the Inquisitors if he wants to, but they serve too much of a purpose to dispose of for at the flip of a hat. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 6/10/2022 at 9:26 PM, awakeintheashes said:

. I meant the Imperials who work for him or who are essentially his co-workers under Palpatine.

Now I bet he’s a ton of fun at work retreats and team building events 

I haven't seen any episodes yet, but just reading this thread makes me realize I'm not missing out 

Sounds like they really should have made a Vader show instead. Having Obi Wan and Vader meet again before ANH is just as ridiculous as I thought it would be

On 6/10/2022 at 10:51 PM, The Meta said:

I haven't seen any episodes yet, but just reading this thread makes me realize I'm not missing out 

Sounds like they really should have made a Vader show instead. Having Obi Wan and Vader meet again before ANH is just as ridiculous as I thought it would be

It’s definitely worth a watch and the  third episode is a lot of fun. At least check that one out if you skip the show. 

On 6/11/2022 at 5:46 AM, bentbryan said:

It’s definitely worth a watch and the  third episode is a lot of fun. At least check that one out if you skip the show. 

I don't have Disney + currently, but I will be reorganizing my streaming services in August or September, so I think I'll add it again

On 6/11/2022 at 5:16 PM, I like pie said:

I mean, they tried to but Filoni said, "Nope".

I think he’s helping remove the band-aid and pushes back against going back to the well all the time like they had been. 

I hope he’s involved somehow in any of the High Republic stuff they come out with in the future. 

On 6/12/2022 at 2:41 AM, fett said:

NOTHING they come up with is going to match what has come before.....

I agree, or at least worry it's true. When I first saw this poster, I was looking forward to seeing his and Luke's stories continue.

When I look at it now, I wonder who he's running away from. Could be anyone/anything :(

JQeZ7yN.png