• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI show (TBD)
9 9

547 posts in this topic

I am getting tired of the weak old Obi-Wan routine. In A New Hope he is even older, has not trained/battled for even longer, and was more of a Jedi than they are portraying him to be in this show.

Episode 3 was going well until the whole Oldie-Wan vs Vader ending. After watching that scene, it makes you wonder how he ever beat Anakin in the first place.

On 6/4/2022 at 4:51 PM, CheeseFrog said:

He had the high ground!  

lol

Looking at him now, it is a wonder he lasted past the initial landing platform........

On 6/4/2022 at 3:06 PM, CheeseFrog said:

@awakeintheashes  Just saying... it's a stretch, but not as much of a stretch as thinking this was an unintentional coincidence...

deva (1).jpg

No feathers but same species I’d say. Thanks for sharing. 

On 6/4/2022 at 5:40 PM, kimik said:

I am getting tired of the weak old Obi-Wan routine. In A New Hope he is even older, has not trained/battled for even longer, and was more of a Jedi than they are portraying him to be in this show.

Episode 3 was going well until the whole Oldie-Wan vs Vader ending. After watching that scene, it makes you wonder how he ever beat Anakin in the first place.

Well 10 years of not practicing will do that to a person.

What I like is the absolute fear you see in Obi-Wan. This is Vader at the height of his power.
I really want to see Vader just cut a path of fear. I know we are limited on special effects because
it does show occasionally, but I am really enjoying this. 

What really sucks is for somebody new watching this. We all know how it ends.

On 6/5/2022 at 12:27 PM, WeR138 said:

Ok. I might have missed it. But was there an explanation as to why....

Hide contents

Obi-Wan had to blast the controls of an energy gate that they could have easily walked around?

I thought the same thing, but I think they may have planned to take the truck.

Edited by awakeintheashes

I can't watch this show. It's awful. I was actually very impressed with the first half of E2, particularly the story and how not-terrible Third Sister was. I turned it off near the end. Leia is so poorly written. The director cannot direct action/chase scenes. Whose idea was it to have grown men struggle to chase after a 10-year old in every episode? It's entirely unconvincing. The directing is so bad, you can tell that the actors couldn't even pretend to struggle seeing/following her, but they had to stop themselves from grabbing her after 0.3 seconds.

I just can't. This is bad. Stop it.

On 6/5/2022 at 6:40 AM, kimik said:

Think it's quite understandable why he is weak. But the point in he is cut off from the force ( can't converse with Qui Gon) . The Obi Wan that eventually falls to Vader in a New Hope is far wiser and more powerful. This same Obi Wan kills Darth Maul years later effortlessly. Hope we see him accept what he needs to do or become by the end of this series. 

On 6/8/2022 at 6:29 AM, Grendel72 said:

Think it's quite understandable why he is weak. But the point in he is cut off from the force ( can't converse with Qui Gon) . The Obi Wan that eventually falls to Vader in a New Hope is far wiser and more powerful. This same Obi Wan kills Darth Maul years later effortlessly. Hope we see him accept what he needs to do or become by the end of this series. 

I believe season two is already in the works. 

Ok, so I just watched episode 1 and I have to ask, does it get better?  I have no desire to watch this show again.  Obi-Wan and his scenes are ok.  Leia is absolute cringe.  Third sister seems forced like she is trying to hard.  17 years since "Revenge of the Sith" and this is how they decided to bring these characters back?  I don't get it, and I really don't have the energy to put into a show.

On 6/8/2022 at 7:17 PM, media_junkie said:

Ok, so I just watched episode 1 and I have to ask, does it get better?  I have no desire to watch this show again.  Obi-Wan and his scenes are ok.  Leia is absolute cringe.  Third sister seems forced like she is trying to hard.  17 years since "Revenge of the Sith" and this is how they decided to bring these characters back?  I don't get it, and I really don't have the energy to put into a show.

Yes

Aside from the screenwriting, which in itself seems kitchy (but this can be changed during production/post)...So far, the series just seems to miss ..as if the director or editing team is not able to stitch scenes together to not have continuity problems ..the opening scenes of him drudging thru daily life are inadequately developed ...yeah we get it..his life is boring and severely mundane..but the sense of foreboding that we are supposed to see is lacking in the scene to scene development...at least in the first two episodes. I really don't understand the obsession that the inquisitors have with looking for Jedi...yes, it's their job and it's expected but the writing seems complacent and the acting , not so much overdone but just silly...I will keep watching because I am a star wars fan but after the awe of Mandalorian and even to a lesser extent, The Book of Bobba Fett, you would think that the execution of Obi Wan would be even better...but maybe the gap that needs filling is too much of a job to fulfill...at least on the screen

On 6/8/2022 at 4:29 AM, Grendel72 said:

It still does not make sense that he is Obi-Wan and weaker than lost padawans he stumbles across that barely have any training. He is not cut off from the force - he still used it to save Leia when she falls. They made a mistake in making him too weak IMHO, as it is really unbelievable now that he can mount any type of resistance to Vader or the weakest of the Inquisitors.

On 6/8/2022 at 7:22 PM, piper said:
On 6/8/2022 at 7:17 PM, media_junkie said:

Yes

It does not get much better than your initial assessment, which makes it standard Marvel/SW fare. I am hoping like others that episode 5 and 6 pick things up significantly. At least Book of Boba had the Rancor. So far this series is meh , with the Inquisitors being nothing more than high school bullies in the way they act.

On 6/4/2022 at 2:40 PM, kimik said:

If I didn't exercise or work out in 10 years and suddenly someone asks you to foot race them, it's doubtful you're going to look like Tyreek Hill out there. He's supposed to be old and decrepit.