• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI show (TBD)
9 9

547 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2022 at 1:27 PM, The Meta said:

Guessing its going to be all flashback stuff 

Or am I the only one that just watches the movies and missed a bunch of stuff in other media?

We haven’t seen much of Obi-Wan while he was in hiding. The only time we saw him was toward the end of Rebels when Ezra and Maul were both on Tatooine. That’s when Obi-Wan and Maul had their final showdown. I haven’t read all of the comics, so I could be missing something, but that’s the most we got in the animated series

What we will likely get is Vader and his Inquisitors continuing the purge Jedi from the galaxy. I don’t think we will get many flashbacks. We’ve seen all we need to see of their relationship. 

If they do interact it could be through the force, I guess. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 2/9/2022 at 11:32 AM, awakeintheashes said:

We haven’t seen much of Obi-Wan while he was in hiding. The only time we saw him was toward the end of Rebels when Ezra and Maul were both on Tatooine. That’s when Obi-Wan and Maul had their final showdown. 

What we will likely get is Vader and his Inquisitors continuing the purge Jedi from the galaxy. I don’t think we will get many flashbacks. We’ve seen all we need to see of their relationship. 

If they do interact it could be through the force, I guess. 

Sounds like a show in a show instead of a show about a person

On 2/9/2022 at 1:34 PM, The Meta said:

Sounds like a show in a show instead of a show about a person

He’s probably going to have to deal with the internal strife of protecting Luke and staying in hiding, while all his Jedi brothers and sisters around the galaxy are being slaughtered. They were literally hunted at this time. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 2/9/2022 at 11:36 AM, awakeintheashes said:

He’s probably going to have to deal with the internal strife of protecting Luke and staying in hiding, while all his Jedi brothers and sisters around the galaxy are being slaughtered. 

I imagine we will get a Vader show at some point

Surprised its taken this long to be honest

On 2/9/2022 at 1:38 PM, The Meta said:

I imagine we will get a Vader show at some point

Surprised its taken this long to be honest

A Vader show would be amazing, especially if it takes some cues from the current series. 

There is this constant strife he is in with Palpatine and Palpatine continually keeping Vader under his boot. You see Vader wanting to overthrow the emperor and kill him, but then realizing he cannot so he continues to be subordinate. 

One thing we recently learned is that Palpatine knew how much rage was in Vader and how dangerous he could be that Palps actually used inferior and dated technology on Vader. 

It’s a very toxic relationship that would make for amazing TV lol 

On 2/9/2022 at 6:03 PM, Buzzetta said:

If this is true, this could be the point of reference as to exactly when this series takes place. 

The Grand Inquisitor that is shown here died in battle against Kanan Jarrus in one of the episodes of Rebels which takes place a few years to right before Rogue One and the Battle of Yavin.    Also in Rebels, Ezra meets Obi Wan Kenobi when Darth Maul and Ezra find their way to Tattooine.  This is also the storyline that leads to Obi Wan finally ending the threat of Darth Maul.   Maul figures out that Kenobi is protecting 'someone' and Kenobi now Kenobi has to do what it takes to protect that secret.  

Sorry Bosco but spoilers time. 

What is awesome about the end of that scene with Maul is that even though one of them is

Spoiler

Dying 

they almost find peace with each other. Also, Maul has the realization that Luke is the chosen one. The show really ended on a strong note  

On 2/10/2022 at 1:18 PM, The Meta said:

Vader was fairly old by ROTJ yes?

They made him appear real old. Same with Obi-Wan. SW has always been ageist with its human characters lol  

I love this news about Vader. The Obi-Wan vs Vader scene in ANH was pure cringeworthy