• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI show (TBD)
9 9

547 posts in this topic

On 5/27/2022 at 6:23 AM, Buzzetta said:

That’s exactly what I was thinking of but couldn’t find the footage as I’m already on my way to work. 

Been looking further while I’m on the train right now and didn’t realize until about ten minutes ago that Rogue One and Solo were influenced by prepared scripts for this series.

The video is in that thread

Hard to discuss the spoiler in episode two without spoiling the last episode of Rebels Season 1. 

With that said, I am hoping this show will shed more light on this quote from that Season 1 finale.

"There are some things far more frightening than death.” 

Edited by awakeintheashes

I was hoping for more. Overall not terrible but certainly had some terrible scenes.

First the bad.

A lot of poor acting stands out like a sore thumb. Reva/ Moses Ingram seems way over the top, and often looks silly using her Force powers. Some of the other Inquisitors aren't great either.

The scene with Leia running from her kidnappers is downright cringeworthy. That was Book of Boba Spy Kids bad. And Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers? Ugh.

I had high hopes for Deborah Chow, but now I wish Faveau was running this show.

Now the good.

Ewan is great. Kumail Nanjiani was solid, although a bit odd at first. Loved the scene with the old Clone. Liked the Jawa. I liked the Grand Inquisitor.

Overall a very mixed C range series. I hope it gets better. So far Mando is a far superior series.

On 5/27/2022 at 2:34 AM, Buzzetta said:

I liked it.

The setting for Episode 2 of this series was already reminiscent of the aborted project, "Star Wars: Underworld"   which Disney continues to mine elements from.  

This series definitely takes place before the episodes of Rebels that feature the Kenobi v Maul fight. 

The series is almost 10 years before the end of Rebels, or nearly 5 years in advance of the start of it.

On 5/27/2022 at 7:26 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Hard to discuss the spoiler in episode two without spoiling the last episode of Rebels Season 1. 

With that said, I am hoping this show will shed more light on this quote from that Season 1 finale.

"There are some things far more frightening than death.” 

What spoiler are you referring to?  (I've seen all of Rebels and must have missed a reference)

On 5/27/2022 at 2:17 PM, fantastic_four said:

Who's the girl Obi-Wan says Leia reminds him of?  Padme?  Ahsoka?

Padme.  He's basically inferring that Leia reminds him of her mother.  That said, I'm curious to know where Ahsoka is at this point in the timeline.  We know she begins laying the foundation for the rebellion, which means at some point her and Bail Organa begin working together.  If that's the case, then surely at some point she will have met Leia.  I almost hope we get a cameo or some reference showing Ahsoka watching over Leia in the way Obi Wan watches over Luke.  Then again, I also need an Ahsoka/Obi Wan meeting because my heart just needs to know that these two were able to see each in the years leading up to the Rebellion.

I know some of you guys are experts at the lightsaber designs...is this Vader's saber?  It generally looks like it to me, as does everything else about the outfit.

Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Disney-Plus-Keyart-Header

On 5/27/2022 at 2:35 PM, fantastic_four said:

I know some of you guys are experts at the lightsaber designs...is this Vader's saber?  It generally looks like it to me, as does everything else about the outfit.

Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Disney-Plus-Keyart-Header

Obi Wan is in possession of Anakin's lightsaber (if that's what you're referring to).  If you're asking if it's the lightsabers he uses in the movies, I'll defer to those with more knowledge than me, but it doesn't look the same to me.

Darth Vader's lightsaber | Wookieepedia | Fandom

On 5/27/2022 at 5:43 PM, ExNihilo said:

it doesn't look the same to me.

If that's the case the next question is clear--who is that in the poster?  hm  It seems like they're trying to make you assume it's Vader, but that doesn't make sense given that in Episode IV Vader talks to Obi-Wan as if he hasn't seen him since he was a Padawan.  ("The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.")

Although I suppose that doesn't completely match Revenge of the Sith either since he attained the rank of Jedi Master towards the end of the film.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 5/27/2022 at 5:47 PM, fantastic_four said:

If that's the case the next question is clear--who is that in the poster?  hm  It seems like they're trying to make you assume it's Vader, but that doesn't make sense given that in Episode IV Vader talks to Obi-Wan as if he hasn't seen him since he was a Padawan.  ("The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.")

Although I suppose that doesn't completely match Revenge of the Sith either since he attained the rank of Jedi Master towards the end of the film.

I’m pretty confident we get a meeting between the two, and it will give new meaning to that quote.

Also, I’m fairly certain some of the Inquisitors are withholding information from Vader and reporting directly to Palpatine. Palpatine did a lot of terrible stuff to Vader to keep him under his boot, including repairing Anakin with obsolete/inferior technology, so this would keep with that trend. The nature of this relationship has been told very well through the Vader comics. I’m guessing Reva and Vader have a showdown before the end. 

Alright, I was alarmed at one thing--that scene were Reva tells Obi-Wan that Anakin is still alive.  How would she know that HE didn't already know?  She's reveling in that moment like she's cutting into him, but she shouldn't have any idea that he's unaware of Anakin's survival.

On 5/27/2022 at 5:59 PM, fantastic_four said:

Alright, I was alarmed at one thing--that scene were Reva tells Obi-Wan that Anakin is still alive.  How would she know that HE didn't already know?  She's reveling in that moment like she's cutting into him, but she shouldn't have any idea that he's unaware of Anakin's survival.

My guess is she’s working for Palpatine or Tarkin on behalf of Palps who has let her know all of this to keep an eye on and test Vader. And by test, I mean make him suffer in occasion. 

How is Obi-Wan so chauvinist?  Bail Organa has to absolutely convince him that Leia is worth saving.

I wondered something similar in Empire Strikes Back when he tells Yoda "that boy was our last hope" and Yoda replies "no--there is another."  We find out in RoTJ that Yoda is referring to Leia, and we find out in Revenge of the Sith that both of them are completely aware of Leia's origin and existence.

On 5/27/2022 at 6:03 PM, awakeintheashes said:

My guess is she’s working for Palpatine or Tarkin on behalf of Palps who has let her know all of this to keep an eye on and test Vader. And by test, I mean make him suffer in occasion. 

Anyone know why she's got it in for Obi-Wan on such a deeply personal level?  It's almost like she's Vader's kid and Vader told her stories growing up about Obi-Wan hacking off his limbs and burning him to a cinder.

On 5/27/2022 at 6:06 PM, fantastic_four said:

How is Obi-Wan so chauvinist?  Bail Organa has to absolutely convince him that Leia is worth saving.

I wondered something similar in Empire Strikes Back when he tells Yoda "that boy was our last hope" and Yoda replies "no--there is another."  We find out in RoTJ that Yoda is referring to Leia, and we find out in Revenge of the Sith that both of them are completely aware of Leia's origin and existence.

That’s a good question and point. Only thing I can think of is that he was a very reluctant mentor to Anakin and just wanted to wash his hands of the Skywalkers lol 

Anakin would have likely turned out much better had Qui-gon lived. 

On 5/27/2022 at 6:08 PM, fantastic_four said:

Anyone know why she's got it in for Obi-Wan on such a deeply personal level?  It's almost like she's Vader's kid and Vader told her stories growing up about Obi-Wan hacking off his limbs and burning him to a cinder.

The actress for Reva is 29, so if we assume the character is a similar age that puts her as being a young adult when the Clone Wars ended.

Is she shown in Clone Wars at all?  Obi-Wan must have done something to her during the Clone Wars.

On 5/27/2022 at 2:54 PM, awakeintheashes said:
  Hide contents

Grand Inquisitor “death” in episode 2 of Obi-Wan.

Ah yes, I'm trying to remember how the character appeared in Rebels.  I'm sure it's all meant to trick viewers.

On 5/27/2022 at 3:24 PM, fantastic_four said:

The actress for Reva is 29, so if we assume the character is a similar age that puts her as being a young adult when the Clone Wars ended.

Is she shown in Clone Wars at all?  Obi-Wan must have done something to her during the Clone Wars.

I don't recall a character like her in Clone Wars.  I assume we'll get more backstory on her motivations as the series progresses.

Also, why do the lightsabers here look so much better than Ahsoka's in Mandalorian?  Hopefully Disney's given these shows a bigger budget after seeing the success of Mando season 1, and hopefully that translates into better effects for the Ahsoka series.