• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI show (TBD)
9 9

547 posts in this topic

On 4/14/2022 at 4:40 AM, awakeintheashes said:

lol  fair, but nothing in BoBF reached the level of what was described with Maul.

BoBF challenged long held views on who Fett was, and it wasn’t good in some areas. It explored an unknown period in his life and his relationship to the larger Star Wars Universe, which was a blank slate in canon.

BoBF didn’t force us to believe stuff went down that we’d have to shoehorn into an already explored timeline with the character and contradict some of his actions in that timeline - specifically, his interaction with another character.

I was fine with BoBF since it was an expansion of the character beyond the stuff in canon. I was getting bored with Mando and did not finish the last season TBH. DIS needs to start expanding beyond the Filoni & Favreau vision for the SW franchise on D+ in order to attract and retain viewers. I find that F&F are becoming too predictable (and sometimes simplistic) with their story patterns. It is time to build on that and bring in others with a different vision. There is so much more to explore. Change can be good.

In a recent interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live! while promoting Obi-Wan Kenobi, McGregor has recalled getting to see his uncle in Star Wars when it first hit theatres. According to McGregor, he recalls waiting outside his school when he was only five or six years old, and his parents picked him up to take him and his brother "to watch a movie that my uncle Dennis was in." McGregor has described how excited he and his brother were to discover that the film they were in the city to see was none other than Star Wars. According to McGregor, the film "blew our minds away." See his full quote below:

"But I remember standing outside the school. I was five or six, and I was standing outside the school with my brother, and my mom and dad picked us up, and they were taking us to 'the big city' to watch a movie that my uncle Dennis was in. And so we went, and we were so excited to go and see, you know, your uncle in a movie. It was so exciting! And then we sat down there and it was Star Wars! It just sort of blew our minds away."

On 5/7/2022 at 7:54 AM, Bosco685 said:

Picked this up recently.

Clone_Wars01.thumb.PNG.86bc5071fdfd8ace36ae00f2a2c0d7b7.PNG

Guess I better watch it in advance of the show. I didn't even know WB distributed this at one point.

It's weak in comparison to the actual Clone Wars TV Show.  It's not bad, but like any series it takes a few steps before it can run. 

On 5/7/2022 at 8:03 AM, Buzzetta said:

It's weak in comparison to the actual Clone Wars TV Show.  It's not bad, but like any series it takes a few steps before it can run. 

Which came first? The movie or the series.

On 5/7/2022 at 8:27 AM, Bosco685 said:

Excellent! At least I am starting at the beginning.

Ehhh... from a certain point of view...  

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

On 5/7/2022 at 8:03 AM, Buzzetta said:

True. As long as you sit through the first 30 minutes and meet Ahsoka, you’ve covered all the bases you need to. 

I enjoyed the movie, but the series is so much better. 

Episode 1 - 6.0

Episode 2 - 4.5/5.0

Can't say I'm too impressed by the show yet. I want to like it but I'm not there yet.

Edited by grendelbo

I liked it.

The setting for Episode 2 of this series was already reminiscent of the aborted project, "Star Wars: Underworld"   which Disney continues to mine elements from.  

This series definitely takes place before the episodes of Rebels that feature the Kenobi v Maul fight. 

On 5/27/2022 at 5:34 AM, Buzzetta said:

I liked it.

The setting for Episode 2 of this series was already reminiscent of the aborted project, "Star Wars: Underworld"   which Disney continues to mine elements from.  

This series definitely takes place before the episodes of Rebels that feature the Kenobi v Maul fight. 

Oh really??

On 5/27/2022 at 6:16 AM, Bosco685 said:

Oh really??

That’s exactly what I was thinking of but couldn’t find the footage as I’m already on my way to work. 

Been looking further while I’m on the train right now and didn’t realize until about ten minutes ago that Rogue One and Solo were influenced by prepared scripts for this series.