• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI show (TBD)
9 9

547 posts in this topic

OK I saw someone suggest that Reva is one of the Padawans they show running from the Jedi Temple at the beginning of the first episode.  It's hard to see them under those helmets, but I paused a scene where you can see all of their faces and the tallest of the Padawans is definitely a girl around 10 to 12 with very dark skin, similar factial features, and similar braided hair to Reva.  That would make the character in her early twenties, but why would she hate Obi-Wan so much?

Edited by fantastic_four

A gripe--there's a scene about two-thirds into episode 2 where the Grand Inquisitor is asking Flea where Obi-Wan is.  He's spinning his lightsaber in Flea's face...what's with the extreme close-up where you can't even see his hand?  That scene SCREAMS for you to back up and see the full shot of the saber.  Does it spin on its own, or is he spinning it with his hand?

On 5/27/2022 at 5:59 PM, fantastic_four said:

Alright, I was alarmed at one thing--that scene were Reva tells Obi-Wan that Anakin is still alive.  How would she know that HE didn't already know?  She's reveling in that moment like she's cutting into him, but she shouldn't have any idea that he's unaware of Anakin's survival.

Re-watched that scene and I think it's clear how she knows--she reads it in his thoughts when she tells him she's going to take him to Lord Vader.  Obi-Wan gets a confused look on his face when she mentions Vader, and she looks around and says "you didn't know?" as if it's a questioning observation presumably from her reading his emotions.

On 5/27/2022 at 3:46 PM, fantastic_four said:

A gripe--there's a scene about two-thirds into episode 2 where the Grand Inquisitor is asking Flea where Obi-Wan is.  He's spinning his lightsaber in Flea's face...what's with the extreme close-up where you can't even see his hand?  That scene SCREAMS for you to back up and see the full shot of the saber.  Does it spin on its own, or is he spinning it with his hand?

The saber spins on its own.

On 5/27/2022 at 6:34 AM, Bosco685 said:

The video is in that thread

Yeah, I could not find it when I originally went looking for it this morning is what I was saying.  Also service loading in was rather slow this morning on the train.  

I am also ummm trying to hold out until September for the iPhone 14 as I'm still using the XR... 

On 5/27/2022 at 7:12 PM, Buzzetta said:

I am also ummm trying to hold out until September for the iPhone 14 as I'm still using the XR... 

nothing wrong with that. I would still be using the XR but they were basically giving away the 13 pro when I got mine. 

I supposed Disney is establishing that the "alien robots" from Batteries Not Included (1987) are just little droids from Star Wars.

Batteries not included. poster.jpg  batteries not included (1987) - Photo Gallery - IMDb

Lola looks nearly identical, too much for it to be a coincidence.  All the unsold Batteries Not Included plastic toys are probably in a warehouse somewhere waiting for repackaging as Lola.

Edited by valiantman

On 5/27/2022 at 5:35 PM, fantastic_four said:

I know some of you guys are experts at the lightsaber designs...is this Vader's saber?  It generally looks like it to me, as does everything else about the outfit.

Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Disney-Plus-Keyart-Header

Pretty sure that’s Reva after watching again. 

On 5/27/2022 at 10:50 PM, awakeintheashes said:
On 5/27/2022 at 5:35 PM, fantastic_four said:

I know some of you guys are experts at the lightsaber designs...is this Vader's saber?  It generally looks like it to me, as does everything else about the outfit.

Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Disney-Plus-Keyart-Header

Pretty sure that’s Reva after watching again. 

Where's her spinny double saber?

On 5/27/2022 at 11:02 PM, fantastic_four said:

Where's her spinny double saber?

If it’s her, the picture and hand/arm is obscuring that part of the saber. It probably is Vader, but I don’t know why he’d go back to the desert given his aversion to sand. Also, it’d be a clever misdirection on the part of Disney.  

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 5/27/2022 at 5:34 PM, fantastic_four said:

OK I saw someone suggest that Reva is one of the Padawans they show running from the Jedi Temple at the beginning of the first episode.  It's hard to see them under those helmets, but I paused a scene where you can see all of their faces and the tallest of the Padawans is definitely a girl around 10 to 12 with very dark skin, similar factial features, and similar braided hair to Reva.  That would make the character in her early twenties, but why would she hate Obi-Wan so much?

That’s interesting… perhaps for not saving them.

I really enjoyed the first two episodes. There were some weak points but I’m a shameless Star Wars consumer, so I’m sure I’m ignoring some of its shortcomings. Seeing Ewan take up Obi-Wan again was enough for me. Honestly, that casting was perfect. 

The homeless clone was a really nice touch. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 5/27/2022 at 7:12 PM, Buzzetta said:

Yeah, I could not find it when I originally went looking for it this morning is what I was saying.  Also service loading in was rather slow this morning on the train.  

Now I get why you compared to Underworld's concept. I just finished Episode 2.

Good series. Was that Temuera Morrison playing a homeless clone?

On 5/28/2022 at 8:06 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Yup. That was him. I thought that was a nice touch. 

It truly was. There are thousands of these clones that were created.

I would assume there are those survivors lost out there across the Star Wars universe.