• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

Now, back reality.

On 10/6/2022 at 3:52 PM, Bosco685 said:

You have a young, aggressive and highly educated woman very sensitive about being taken serious and treated professionally and she is throwing herself at excessive amounts of men then?

She lost her mind with Bruce in Episode 1 over how hard she has had to work to be seen as someone to be respected. And then she is going to tarnish her image without care? The end of Episode 8 demonstrated how furious she is now that her image has been attacked where she went on a rampage.

So unless she is schizophrenic the two character paths are not lining up.

The writers attached to this show unfortunately are taking this character for an inconsistent ride. And that is not about comedy or deviating from the 'MCU formula'. It's just all over the place.

On 10/6/2022 at 6:00 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Yes, if you honestly think a person sleeping with three men is excessive (one of which she was going on multiple dates on before they even did anything) and that doing so makes a person desperate it sounds like you're a little uptight and out of touch. Seems you are bringing too much of your own ideas about women, sex, and respect (the lack there of) into this more than you care to admit. 

She ain't running around to lock down a baby-daddy by sleeping with everyone, she is acting like a totally normal single person who is also trying to find someone nice (but knows also what they want so can hookup while on the search for a long term partner, as she tried with Josh)

Uh-huh. Meanwhile the show has a deep divide with audiences what they are experiencing. Especially with young women included (unless you are pretending to speak for young women now too?).

But thank you for attempting to the defender of women and their portrayal in the show.

On 10/6/2022 at 6:01 PM, Bosco685 said:

Now, back reality.

The writers attached to this show unfortunately are taking this character for an inconsistent ride. And that is not about comedy or deviating from the 'MCU formula'. It's just all over the place.

There is nothing inconsistent with this.

You can want to be taken seriously at your job, while at the same time having a PRIVATE dating life. Those two only collided when they were forced to bring dates for her case (and only one of which she slept with).

You literally say she is "throwing herself at excessive amounts of men" which has nothing to do with her professional life, and honestly is some crazy moralizing on your part to call going out on dates excessive (I'm going to guess and assume you haven't been in the dating pool for a few decades now). 

When you say " The end of Episode 8 demonstrated how furious she is now that her image has been attacked where she went on a rampage." here IMAGE being attacked isn't what angered her...it was the literal harassment and breach of privacy/trust. She was literally taken advantage of in a sexual way (yes, taping someone without their consent is that) and that is horrific.

Also one thing I don't see many bringing up is this was the very first time she got really angry WHILE she was already in Hulk form, which I actually think is another level of anger-management Bruce failed to explain.

On 10/6/2022 at 5:01 PM, Bosco685 said:

Did you see me say that?

no that's why  i was asking if you had the same opinion

so safe to assume you disagree with that post based on your response

Edited by jsilverjanet

On 10/6/2022 at 3:06 PM, Bosco685 said:

Uh-huh. Meanwhile the show has a deep divide with audiences what they are experiencing. Especially with young women included (unless you are pretending to speak for young women now too?).

But thank you for attempting to the defender of women and their portrayal in the show.

I don't understand how posting two youtube reviews is representation of anything besides the opinion of two individuals

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 10/6/2022 at 6:08 PM, Sauce Dog said:

There is nothing inconsistent with this.

You can want to be taken seriously at your job, while at the same time having a PRIVATE dating life. Those two only collided when they were forced to bring dates for her case (and only one of which she slept with).

You literally say she is "throwing herself at excessive amounts of men" which has nothing to do with her professional life, and honestly is some crazy moralizing on your part to call going out on dates excessive (I'm going to guess and assume you haven't been in the dating pool for a few decades now). 

When you say " The end of Episode 8 demonstrated how furious she is now that her image has been attacked where she went on a rampage." here IMAGE being attacked isn't what angered her...it was the literal harassment and breach of privacy/trust. She was literally taken advantage of in a sexual way (yes, taping someone without their consent is that) and that is horrific.

Also one thing I don't see many bringing up is this was the very first time she got really angry WHILE she was already in Hulk form, which I actually think is another level of anger-management Bruce failed to explain.

There is. You just want to ignore it. And that's your right. Just don't tell others they are imagining it.

As far as crazy morality, you can attempt to try that game of I am the sex police or whatever else it is you are playing at. Meanwhile, Jen has been all about being taken seriously and respecting her professional accomplishments and then portrayed as a woman desperate for attention.

Now did it help the showrunners took Episode 8 and made it Episode 1 late in the process? Probably not. So what we saw out of the gate maybe would have been best in the end because after all her relationship missteps THEN she is extremely frustrated with all that she experienced.

Of course she got angry someone taped their sexual engagement. That would be ignorant of human emotions to not assume that. But she lost it to the point her Hulk Rage came out in that her image at her professional event of wanting to be taken serious had now been drastically tarnished. But the character has been written in a way she rushed into his arms assuming she could trust him before knowing what he was about. Other than he acted all innocent and sweet.

On 10/6/2022 at 6:16 PM, Ed Hanes said:

I don't understand how posting two youtube reviews is representation of a significant portion of young women. 

Oh were you assuming we should take a statistical sample of the overall population to determine the true central tendency of the entire audience watching She-Hulk?

Wait. I thought I was insane and you had told me you were done. Or did I get that wrong? My reading comprehension is in question, along with my ability to converse.

:shiftyeyes:

On 10/6/2022 at 5:55 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I don't have a daughter but do have a sister who's 60. I think she could use getting laid if I'm being honest. I wouldn't encourage it but if she was, who am I to judge or question. Same I wouldn't want to be questioned.

But like I said earlier, you see the world one way, I see it differently and both are ok.

But the fact remains that women today see sex differently. they just do. I've seen it firsthand. they no longer need an emotional connnection

Cause something is wrong with those women and they end up divorced/single with a bunch of cats  

On 10/6/2022 at 3:19 PM, Bosco685 said:

Oh were you assuming we should take a statistical sample of the overall population to determine the true central tendency of the entire audience watching She-Hulk?

Wait. I thought I was insane and you had told me you were done. Or did I get that wrong? My reading comprehension is in question, along with my ability to converse.

:shiftyeyes:

Well, that seems the only real recourse we have..since anecdotal information has been played out ...glad you mentioned it

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 10/6/2022 at 6:38 PM, Ed Hanes said:

Well, that seems the only real recourse we have..since anecdotal information has been played out ...glad you mentioned it

Do you do kid's parties? Clowns are still acceptable with the right background checks.

(: