• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in your Collection - Moderns ONLY
19 19

2,040 posts in this topic

Nate Piekos is best known as a letterer. He's created fonts and done title design and lettering for DC, Marvel, Image, and Dark Horse. His work has had an Eisner nomination and won several lesser awards.

But he also published a webcomic, back in the day. Realm of Atland is a heroic adventure that's a little silly at times. Piekos has long since allowed the site to vanish from the web but you can still read it via the Wayback Machine. He also made it available in print comic form as the self-published Atland. Individual issues are relatively elusive; I don't have anywhere near the full run.

But the first Atland story in a comic book isn't in Atland. It's in this obscure book, Digital Webbing Presents 22.

PXL_20240714_214958572.thumb.jpg.d335ed025144f7b1bf62bab2eebff19b.jpg

On 7/20/2024 at 3:23 PM, Otter1775 said:

Good afternoon, everyone. Picked these graded copies up in the past few months:

IMG_5842.jpeg

IMG_5841.jpeg

IMG_5838.jpeg

Maybe I've blown a gasket but was that supposed to be the Ezekiel character in madame web?  :shy:

Edit to add congrats on the first digger and overall grades! 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/20/2024 at 5:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Maybe I've blown a gasket but was that supposed to be the Ezekiel character in madame web?  :shy:

Edit to add congrats on the first digger and overall grades! 

As I understand it, yes.

On 7/20/2024 at 4:30 PM, Otter1775 said:

As I understand it, yes.

BTW I own a copy too slabbed, not as good a grade, but I hadn't heard the backstory much if at all, but good to know so thanks

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/20/2024 at 5:39 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

BTW I own a copy too slabbed, not as good a grade, but I hadn't heard the backstory much if at all, but good to know so thanks

I have another copy at a 9.4. I didn’t care for Madame Web either, but I did pick up this one at a LCs in Eau Claire, WI back in June:

IMG_5625.jpeg

On 7/20/2024 at 4:52 PM, Otter1775 said:

I have another copy at a 9.4. I didn’t care for Madame Web either, but I did pick up this one at a LCs in Eau Claire, WI back in June:

IMG_5625.jpeg

Awesome awesome awesome 💯  I thought the movie was campy like with what's her name looking and acting like a cheerleader, I kept expecting Freddy or Jason lol but I didn't think it wasn't worth it for some reason. :cheers:

That asm 210 I don't own at all, hasn't been in the cards but is needed at some point lol agreed on that.

My Ezekiel was a 8,5 newsstand signed cgc by Campbell,  but the raw was under $30, which wasn't bad, but dag gum Campbell sig with a press cost $130 wah wah hahaha.

doh! I'm just glad to see it is still collected :shy:

4436617_Full_Obv.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/4/2024 at 11:18 AM, habsfan1 said:

I can’t seem to find a similar comic, with the direct market UPC box, posted anywhere.  Is this a Canadian Price Variant?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hmm…now I see this is a “bartcode” issue? 

On 8/4/2024 at 10:22 AM, habsfan1 said:
On 8/4/2024 at 10:18 AM, habsfan1 said:

I can’t seem to find a similar comic, with the direct market UPC box, posted anywhere.  Is this a Canadian Price Variant?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Expand  

Hmm…now I see this is a “bartcode” issue? 

lol I was just about to point out the "bart", I knew a friend who owned and sold one, and I don't know if it ever "took off?" but it was at least "something", and should sell regardless, but idk the premium either but would guess it would get one!