• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAME OF THRONES: HOUSE OF THE DRAGON series (2022)
3 3

496 posts in this topic

so after plodding through ep 6, i started ep 7 now and after 20 minutes i realized that i just dont care anymore. 

they blew it. after replacing milly alcock, who i had grown to love in the role of rhaenrya, they also seem now to have decided to dwell on a bunch of children for the whole first part of this episode. all the depth of character of the original series is gone, even matt smith's daemon, who had been one of the bright spots as an interesting and complicated character, is now boring and babyish. 

On 10/9/2022 at 11:36 PM, Pitboss said:

Tonights episode was fantastic! We are definitely picking up steam now. :headbang:

Only 2 episodes left though. 
I thought last night was a bore.  They could’ve condensed the events down into about 20 minutes.  It took the king 10 minutes to walk to the throne for crissakes.  

On 10/10/2022 at 5:39 AM, chrisco37 said:

Only 2 episodes left though. 
I thought last night was a bore.  They could’ve condensed the events down into about 20 minutes.  It took the king 10 minutes to walk to the throne for crissakes.  

I agree with the pace of the episode being too slow.

I thought the opening of the previous episode was way too drawn out also. It played like, well, a funeral.

That particular scene of the walk to the throne was though, I think effective. It was painful to watch, and with the dinner scene later really made the viewer sympathetic to Viserys. 

Edited by marvelcollector

On 10/10/2022 at 9:54 PM, marvelcollector said:

I agree with the pace of the episode being too slow.

I thought the opening of the previous episode was way too drawn out also. It played like, well, a funeral.

That particular scene of the walk to the throne was though, I think effective. It was painful to watch, and with the dinner scene later really made the viewer sympathetic to Viserys. 

Apparently, when the crown fell off his head was not scripted that way. Everyone stayed in character, and they kept it.

I agree the episode was a bit drawn out, and a little slow.  With that said, Paddy Considine (Viserys) acted his backside off in this episode.

Edited by drotto

Episode 8 was the best to date. The first time jump was a bit much but this one was transitioned well. 

Some really great acting in this show. Probably less dragon action(so far) than most hoped for but they did a great job making it feel like the original GoT.

Can't help but eyeroll every time I see people whining about this show and Rings of Power, not being up to par to the originals when the stories aren't even completed yet:eyeroll:

On 10/11/2022 at 4:32 AM, Bosco685 said:

Proof that good, well acted character moments, human moments and episodes still tap into people's emotions far better then action and special effects.  Not saying those things are not fun and entertaining, but moments like these have far more lasting impact. I also think these emotional moments are far harder to achieve without coming across as forced, overly melodramatic, or fake.

On 10/11/2022 at 9:20 AM, I like pie said:

Episode 8 was the best to date. The first time jump was a bit much but this one was transitioned well. 

Some really great acting in this show. Probably less dragon action(so far) than most hoped for but they did a great job making it feel like the original GoT.

Can't help but eyeroll every time I see people whining about this show and Rings of Power, not being up to par to the originals when the stories aren't even completed yet:eyeroll:

I think the biggest adjustment for HoD vs GoT is that GoT is a grand epic taking place on multiple fronts with a lot of moving pieces.  HoD is really a smaller family drama that has wide implications. It is not another GoT at its core, and that takes some adjustment.