• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAME OF THRONES: HOUSE OF THE DRAGON series (2022)
3 3

491 posts in this topic

GRRM may want it to last that long, but at the pace they are going everyone will be killed off sometime early in Season 2, if not by the end of Season 1. lol 

in any case, I am two episodes behind now and doubt I will bother catching up until sometime after this season ends. It has dropped off fast. For all of the complaining about Rings of Power, it built nicely through the eight episodes. HOD started well and has nose dived to the point that dragon battles will not save it. When none of the characters are likeable viewers will start tuning a show out. HoD is facing that problem.

On 10/14/2022 at 1:37 AM, kimik said:

GRRM may want it to last that long, but at the pace they are going everyone will be killed off sometime early in Season 2, if not by the end of Season 1. lol 

in any case, I am two episodes behind now and doubt I will bother catching up until sometime after this season ends. It has dropped off fast. For all of the complaining about Rings of Power, it built nicely through the eight episodes. HOD started well and has nose dived to the point that dragon battles will not save it. When none of the characters are likeable viewers will start tuning a show out. HoD is facing that problem.

Maybe Jon snow will show up

Binged to this latest one.

Lot easier to follow, and the 'tension / grudges' etc really build.

I think we'd have missed heaps watching once a week - binge is the way IMHO

On 10/14/2022 at 1:37 AM, kimik said:

I seem to have the opposite opinion. I feel as if I’m much more attached to the characters - Daemon especially. Also, I’m really intrigued about one-eye Daemon…I mean Aemond. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 10/15/2022 at 10:10 AM, awakeintheashes said:

I seem to have the opposite opinion. I feel as if I’m much more attached to the characters - Daemon especially. Also, I’m really intrigued about one-eye Daemon…I mean Aemond. 

It going to be awesome to see how it plays out between these 2. 

Good episode. Now would have been a short war if a different decision had been made.

Spoiler

THR: So from the beginning, we have been waiting for Rhaenys to do something badass and you gave us this incredible moment. It’s very cool, but does it did make me wonder: Does it make sense that she doesn’t kill them? She murders a bunch of civilians by busting out anyway …

HESS: It’s Game of Thrones — civilians don’t count!

THR: So why not pull the “dracarys” trigger and save countless lives — possibly including her own — by preventing war? Why just turn around and fly away?

HESS: I think she just can’t do it. It’s not her war. The fight is between these two sides and she’s kind of not in it. She doesn’t feel like she’s the one to come in and do that. But you’re right. If she had just incinerated everybody, it’s game over, Rhaenyra wins and we’re done here. But the cost is huge. I also feel like that moment, she looks Alicent in the eye and Alicent walks in front of her kid to shield him. It’s one mother to another. Rhaenys is angry, but in her previous scene with Alicent, she respected her, even if she doesn’t agree with her. So she’s not going to kill another woman like that.

KILNER: We talked to Eve Best about this, and in the previous scene she felt that Alicent really saw, Rhaenys for the first time in a long time. In that moment, they’re mothers in this terrible world created by men and she can’t do it.