• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Universal's JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION (2022)
1 1

119 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2022 at 5:10 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The Rise of Skywalker, or The Last Jedi, or both combined? lol

One is certainly worse than the other, but I understand if people lump them together as awful/disappointing.

Last Jedi has some redeeming qualities and at least tried to do some stuff different. 

Better than most jurassic parc movies probably their 3rd best movies,the fifth being the worst of them all,followed by the 3rd of the franchise.the sixth was great lets hope its end there.not gonna go see annother jurassic park movie  in theatre ever!but very glad i saw this one!

This wasn't great cinema, but I thought it was pretty fun. It's clearly intended as a love letter to close out the franchise, and I do think it largely succeeded at that.

Absolutely the most important thing the film did right, in my opinion, is that it is not a kaiju monster movie. Yes, there are dinosaurs running amok. Yes, people run from dinosaurs and get eaten by dinosaurs and I trust that none of that can remotely be considered a spoiler. But several of the previous JP franchise films -- especially the other two Jurassic World movies -- have been thematically very different from the original Jurassic Park, with a single "super" dinosaur that is effectively the film's villain, and which the human protoganists must defeat to survive and ensure their victory. Indominus (Jurassic World), Indoraptor (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom), arguably the Spinosaurus from Jurassic Park III.

This movie doesn't really do that. I'm willing to put up with some plot contrivances, hokey dialogue, and goofy nostalgia nods for that alone.

I couldn't get over the fact that in the previous movie they released the T-Rex to kill the mutant dinosaur they couldn't stop.  So now they have a T-Rex (again, that just took out the mutant dinosaur that they couldn't stop) on the loose but everybody is happy and cheering.

That's like curing the flu with ebola!

***I don't know why I can't get past that lol

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Punk U Ation