• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Universal's JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION (2022)
1 1

119 posts in this topic

On 6/12/2022 at 3:46 AM, ThatNerdyCanuck said:

The last time I was this disappointed with a movie/franchise was The Last Skywalker, and honestly this movie was worse than that 

Is that.... possible? 

On 6/7/2022 at 12:12 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

So... Not a good movie.

Hollywood works on Nostalgia and attacking fans who are critical of their half :censored: attempts at writing. 

There are exceptions, but few and far between.

On 6/12/2022 at 1:17 PM, D84 said:

Hollywood works on Nostalgia and attacking fans who are critical of their half :censored: attempts at writing. 

There are exceptions, but few and far between.

I have to disagree on this being the standard.

How about the folks we even see on here that making it a common sport to talk a production down even before they have seen it? And it happen a lot. Oddly enough, it will be the same forumites doing this too, like it brings immense value to the discussion just to prove they are going to set studios straight.

I dislike studios washing and repeating stories like anyone else. But it does get tiring seeing the default dislike.

Saw the movie last night.

It is what it is. A good popcorn flick. Nice nostalgia wave and decent way to end the series

Each group Got the moment in the sun, and a character got his redemption

nothing highbrow

On 6/12/2022 at 2:28 PM, Bosco685 said:

I have to disagree on this being the standard.

How about the folks we even see on here that making it a common sport to talk a production down even before they have seen it? And it happen a lot. Oddly enough, it will be the same forumites doing this too, like it brings immense value to the discussion just to prove they are going to set studios straight.

I dislike studios washing and repeating stories like anyone else. But it does get tiring seeing the default dislike.

Nice example of what about syndrome.

I make a point about Hollywood going after people who are critical of their work, which is far too common now and you change the subject to what about people who hate things before they've seen it.

On 6/12/2022 at 5:08 PM, D84 said:

Nice example of what about syndrome.

I make a point about Hollywood going after people who are critical of their work, which is far too common now and you change the subject to what about people who hate things before they've seen it.

Nice example of you taking something the wrong way. Relax, Francis.

But it isn't just the studios doing the negative responses. There is a pattern here with folks blowing a gasket over a new film they clearly haven't seen. Yet will continue on how bad it is.

On 6/12/2022 at 4:26 PM, Bosco685 said:

Nice example of you taking something the wrong way. Relax, Francis.

But it isn't just the studios doing the negative responses. There is a pattern here with folks blowing a gasket over a new film they clearly haven't seen. Yet will continue on how bad it is.

The quote is:

giphy.gif.af91f12c88b11ef11904d48a1574cc67.gif

:cheers:

On 6/11/2022 at 1:46 PM, ThatNerdyCanuck said:

The last time I was this disappointed with a movie/franchise was The Last Skywalker, and honestly this movie was worse than that 

The Rise of Skywalker, or The Last Jedi, or both combined? lol

One is certainly worse than the other, but I understand if people lump them together as awful/disappointing.

It's interesting to see that fans are pretty positively-receptive to this. General audiences? Fans of the franchise? It's not as if audiences can't be wrong, either, but their 'scores' tend to be more accurate to my analyses than "critics". I know, I know, I've said that about 8 billion times before.

On 6/13/2022 at 8:12 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's interesting to see that fans are pretty positively-receptive to this. General audiences? Fans of the franchise? It's not as if audiences can't be wrong, either, but their 'scores' tend to be more accurate to my analyses than "critics". I know, I know, I've said that about 8 billion times before.

stopcomeback-willywonka.gif.19a3e430d7fe2f528b2e6cb702c18400.gif

:baiting: