• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I will no longer deal with Comiclink

143 posts in this topic

I was interested in a book on Comiclink's site. The book was offered at $1800. I bid $1600. After a few days I received an E-mail from Comiclink asking for $1700.

I declined the offer and my bid was cancelled.

I glanced at the site today (a few days after my bid was cancelled) and noticed that the book sold for $1550.

Here are ny thoughts:

I will be reluctant to bid for any books on Comiclink's site as I thought the transaction was handled badly. Should I have received an e-mail from them indicating that the seller was willing to hit my $1600 bid if i was still interested before offering the book again? Since buying and selling books is a hobby for me I can stand on principle and refuse to deal with businesses which I have problems with.

I have had great success with the auction piece of CL but the tracking and managing of the indivudally sold books is not well done at all. I rcently had an issue with a seller letting the 5 day offer window expire 3 weeks in a row. The offer was within 10% of the asking price. I contacted CL to assist as some on the boards stated they can contact the seller for me but no such luck. In addition, the person selling this book has it listed on multiple sites, including one less than reputable site, and I was told they would address and thanked me.... Nope, it is still listed on numerous sites. (shrug)

I will gladly bid on live auctions but the hell with trying to negotiate with poorly managed private listings.

comiclink sucks!i was outbid on an item well for some reason the insufficiently_thoughtful_person did not respond or something so once i was outbid i made other arrangements so b/c the other bidder screwed them they deleted the bid and made me the high bidder again.once i was outbid i have no more ties to them so i am not paying

There is NO way that this person is real. What's with all the shills lately? I mean, I'm beginning to think the actual *real* members here are only about 100-200 people.

Somehow, around the time you arrived the boards started to go off the rails.

Well, I wanted my username to be HorsemanOfTheApocalypse but it was too long, so I went with Dr. Balls instead.