• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst Comic Covers Ever - Let's See 'Em!

721 posts in this topic

all the covers from that stupid "assistant editors month" thing marvel did back in '84 or whenever were pretty bad, too

Bite your tongue! mad.gif

cloud9.gif

893blahblah.gif

if Mr. Hembeck's work had been left alone, i would prolly agree witcha. but, nooooooo...they have to explain it to us idjits, and do that stupid "cover fold" thing. and the AEM stamp doesn't help.

so, no...it's pretty bad. but it's towards the top of the AEM heap, that's for sure.

that MTU photo cover is in the lead AFAIAC. you'd think they'd at least paste-up the pictures onto a background that made sense. what is Spidey standing on?

892581-jimmy141.jpg

That can't be for real. It looks like the beginning of a Red Hook 'shop job.

Nope! It' for real...good ole Goody Rickles! foreheadslap.gif

Yes it's real...I didn't touch it up or anything. If I'd have touched it, I would have at least colorized Don's smilin mug...but then that would be Ted Turnerizing at that would be wrong. 27_laughing.gif

Anything by Rob Liefeld.
892606-Liefeld_captain_america.jpg.He can set his can of Dr.Pepper on his chest while watching tv....Argh.. Christo_pull_hair.gif I hate this stuff.

Holy sheeat. Did that actually get published? I think we have a winner.... foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

Anything by Rob Liefeld.
892606-Liefeld_captain_america.jpg.He can set his can of Dr.Pepper on his chest while watching tv....Argh.. Christo_pull_hair.gif I hate this stuff.

OMG! 27_laughing.gif

What was he thinking?

and I get told I'm wrong for calling modern stuff cartoony... screwy.gif Well this is what I'm ranting about. sumo.gif

Holy sheeat. Did that actually get published? I think we have a winner.... foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif
No, just promotional artwork....but it still makes me mad.

892630-here.jpgThis is close to it.

892630-here.jpg.f308ec391c949a5f2713ba594fbc96a9.jpg