• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst Comic Covers Ever - Let's See 'Em!

721 posts in this topic

This train wreck has to qualify (although it's in lovely condition). It was just prooudly posted elsewhere so I hope I'm not violating etiquette by hijacking it. How about if I admit that I own a copy too?

Jack

6c.jpg

how many Marvel covers were wrecked in the early 80's by those "Win a ten speed bike" banner ad's?

That's the most attractive part of this one

Jack

27_laughing.gif....it kinda reminds me of an early bronze DC with the writing overkill and the multipile panels.

2 that I hate.

Whenever I see the skating one, it reminds me of being 12 years old going on skating trips for school. I of course, couldn't skate for [embarrasing lack of self control] and just played video games while all the cool guys skated with the chicks. BAD MEMORIES!!!!! smile.gif

2596_4_35.jpg

2596_4_21.jpg

Some of my contenders...

60950262738.53.GIF

Holy Cap! That book is going to give me nightmares. What are those "kids" supposed to be, mutant survivors of a nuclear war?

And ya know, the thing is... even IF the exact same cover (character placement and everything) was done by an artist with *talent* like George Perez, or Alan Davis, or whoever, it would STILL be a horrible cover just because it's such a boring scene. Can you imagine what the cover blurb on this guy would look like-

"NOT a hoax!!! NOT a dream!!! THIS ISSUE- Spidey Dials Down The Center!!!!!"

The fact that the art is horrid is just the topper.

I assume this is the same artist?

9876_4_055.jpg

Yup.

As for why Spidey is wearing flippers under his costume, and has a dorsal fin, I have no idea.

foreheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gif

This is what you get when you have a generation or two of comic book artists who have no idea what the inside of a life-drawing classroom looks like.