• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst Comic Covers Ever - Let's See 'Em!

721 posts in this topic

Where is that one cover with Wolvie's claws on the wrong side of his hand? Was it a DD cover?
They arent on the wrong side of his hand poke2.gif Look closer at the way he is holding him up and you'll see wolvie has his hand round the other way.

Where is that one cover with Wolvie's claws on the wrong side of his hand? Was it a DD cover?
They arent on the wrong side of his hand poke2.gif Look closer at the way he is holding him up and you'll see wolvie has his hand round the other way.

It's a colouring error. tongue.gif

It's a colouring error. tongue.gif

foreheadslap.giftonofbricks.gif

doesn't wolvie has his left hand tumb on the right on the pic?! and therefore he holds the fella "facing the palm of his hand to the ground"...?!

regards

doesn't wolvie has his left hand tumb on the right on the pic?! and therefore he holds the fella "facing the palm of his hand to the ground"...?!

regards

No its a colouring error. Look in the E of daredevil and see where is thumb actually is?

regards

No its a colouring error. Look in the E of daredevil and see where is thumb actually is?

You're right.

03018831342.106.gif

Abso-frakin-lutely!

Ugh. One of my all-time least favorites.

How has the art of great covers been lost? (Art meaning our collective ability to make them, not the actual art drawn for a great cover.)

I nominate ANY of the zillions done by Al Milgrom during the early to mid 1980's...I think when he became their featured "cover artist" during that time frame, it was the main reason I stopped buying new comics in college. I remember thinking that knowledge of the human anatomy had been thrown out the window at Marvel and wishing for the days of my childhood when Gil Kane seemed to do all the covers...

I nominate ANY of the zillions done by Al Milgrom during the early to mid 1980's...I think when he became their featured "cover artist" during that time frame, it was the main reason I stopped buying new comics in college. I remember thinking that knowledge of the human anatomy had been thrown out the window at Marvel and wishing for the days of my childhood when Gil Kane seemed to do all the covers...

well, if you're into nostrils, it'd do it for you ...

I tend to think it was Milgrom's ham-handed inking technique that ruined so much of his artwork. His layouts were ok. It was the drawing itself that was a muddy mess.

well, if you're into nostrils, it'd do it for you ...

27_laughing.gif so true, he did love those trademark "under-the-nose" angles