• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst Comic Covers Ever - Let's See 'Em!

721 posts in this topic

Another great Bolland cover...

cmn29.jpg

The girls have been caught red-handed smoking a spliff!

(Notice how Black Canary has swiftly hidden it behind her back... but her face can't hide the fact she's off with the fairies).

Storm meanwhile is annoyed Canary is hogging it and looks like she's just about to break her arm... and has actually probably chinned her earlier looking at her lips!

I love Bolland art, but this is hideous!!! Ugh! :frustrated:

Andy

Black Canary looks like Barbara Streisand. :sick:

I actually don't know what's worse...The fact that she looks like Streisand or the fact that I noticed it. :insane:

60950262738.55.gif

I think this one has been posted before, but it deserves to be posted again. Nice clown feet. Where is his left arm and for that matter where the hell is his right arm? WTF is wrong with his back? Sheesh.

60950262738.41.gif

His bicep is in the crook of his elbow. I think he dislocated his right elbow. His right leg looks to be about 8 feet long.

Granted these are not the worst covers out there as the overall composition and ideas are not that bad. It is just the steroid ridden deformed look just doesn't work for me. At least he got his head right. rantrant

Any of those hideous Spidey covers where he is all sharp angles. Not sure who drew them, but those images are some of the absolute worst art I have ever seen.

Sal Buscema :sick:

Sal B, although never as good as his brother, was a decent journeyman artist back in the 60s and 70s. His later work however was indeed a load of lazy stylized garbage.

Then again he was never quite as bad as Alex Saviuk or Marc Bagley. Or Ron Lim when he was given his usual five minutes to turn in a cover.

60950262738.55.gif

I think this one has been posted before, but it deserves to be posted again. Nice clown feet. Where is his left arm and for that matter where the hell is his right arm? WTF is wrong with his back? Sheesh.

60950262738.41.gif

His bicep is in the crook of his elbow. I think he dislocated his right elbow. His right leg looks to be about 8 feet long.

Granted these are not the worst covers out there as the overall composition and ideas are not that bad.

Nope, they are amongst the worst. The second cover is a complete mess - I don't see how you could make it any worse. Not something I'd show to people if I was trying to explain to them the greatness of the medium. :insane:

Any of those hideous Spidey covers where he is all sharp angles. Not sure who drew them, but those images are some of the absolute worst art I have ever seen.

Sal Buscema :sick:

Sal B, although never as good as his brother, was a decent journeyman artist back in the 60s and 70s. His later work however was indeed a load of lazy stylized garbage.

Then again he was never quite as bad as Alex Saviuk or Marc Bagley. Or Ron Lim when he was given his usual five minutes to turn in a cover.

Sal did some fine work in the late 60's - early 80's. I liked his work on Hulk in the late 190's - 227 ish range

Artboy99

cmn29.jpg

(Notice how Black Canary has swiftly hidden it behind her back... but her face can't hide the fact she's off with the fairies).

Storm meanwhile is annoyed Canary is hogging it and looks like she's just about to break her arm... and has actually probably chinned her earlier looking at her lips!

Andy

You didn't happen to notice the year did you?

This is very early for Bolland.

Chris

cmn29.jpg

Andy

You didn't happen to notice the year did you?

This is very early for Bolland.

Chris

I do think it's humorous that B.C. and S. are going to slice each other

after that hand shake. Political humor?

47741185612.193.GIF

I actually like this cover. Seth Fischer had an interesting style.

Thats the worst one of the bunch.

I would rather have Lefield draw a 66 inch Cap chest then that

47741185612.193.GIF

I actually like this cover. Seth Fischer had an interesting style.

Thats the worst one of the bunch.

I would rather have Lefield draw a 66 inch Cap chest then that

is batman turning to a rabit? RA-BAT-MAN

I probably posted this before in this thread, but here's another steaming pile courtesy of Liefeld:

97720903230.4.GIF

Check out cable's left hand. Also the size of his thighs.

I liked this one. It's supposed to be flipped to the side :gossip:

I probably posted this before in this thread, but here's another steaming pile courtesy of Liefeld:

97720903230.4.GIF

if you flip it to the side, does the art stop looking like a brain-damaged dolphin drew it?

97720903230.4.GIF

You could lay it face down and cover it with a lead plate and this cover would still stink on ice. :sumo: