• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst Comic Covers Ever - Let's See 'Em!

721 posts in this topic

I guess Lou Fine's art sucked because he drew most of his characters too tall and skinny? :baiting:

I've heard people say that.

so, the fact that the Hulk's arm is coming out of his right boob doesn't really bother anyone?

Not seeing this. His right arm? It's connected to the shoulder that's in shadow.

People make WAY too big a deal about little anatomical nitpicks. Like Redhook said, it's about the overall effect of the art. If everyone drew like Neal Adams, as great as he is, comics would be pretty dull.

I guess Lou Fine's art sucked because he drew most of his characters too tall and skinny? :baiting:

Yuk. Too tall and skinny. I demand that 1000-lb green men be realistic!

Jack

ThreeMenWalkingII.JPG

Another great Bolland cover...

cmn29.jpg

The girls have been caught red-handed smoking a spliff!

(Notice how Black Canary has swiftly hidden it behind her back... but her face can't hide the fact she's off with the fairies).

Storm meanwhile is annoyed Canary is hogging it and looks like she's just about to break her arm... and has actually probably chinned her earlier looking at her lips!

so, the fact that the Hulk's arm is coming out of his right boob doesn't really bother anyone?

Not seeing this. His right arm? It's connected to the shoulder that's in shadow.

People make WAY too big a deal about little anatomical nitpicks. Like Redhook said, it's about the overall effect of the art. If everyone drew like Neal Adams, as great as he is, comics would be pretty dull.

interesting leap of logic there, counselor.

and no, it's not connected to the shoulder. not even in fantasy october_fire land.

Red - bravo, maestro. now make Bucky a normal-sized human

interesting leap of logic there, counselor.

and no, it's not connected to the shoulder. not even in fantasy october_fire land.

Of course it is. You old guys just have poor eyesight. :baiting:

Red - bravo, maestro. now make Bucky a normal-sized human

You mean Bucky is supposed to be larger than one of Hulk's legs? :o

now make Bucky a normal-sized human

You mean the size of one imaginary character wasn't right when compared with the size of another imaginary character?!? :o

It's a cool, action packed cover. I don't care if the Hulk has anatomy flaws or if the Hulk is 4' taller than he "should" be. Obviously most people agree with me. Time for you to climb down out of that ivory tower. :baiting:

I love nerd fights. :cloud9:

I dont think this image was ever really released from what i have read before. The image made it out to the public but marvel never really put it on anything.

I did however print out a few of these on some nice glossy paper before i went to wizard world texas last year and got Rob to sign them

It was certainly a promo piece and a poster to support the new Captain America book he did...so I called it a "Comic Image" until I can confirm if it was a cover too...but it is so bad all by itself that it HAS to be in this thread.

Was this *really* a cover? :o

Worst....Comic....Image.....EVER!

livestock~captain.jpg

I dont think this image was ever really released from what i have read before. The image made it out to the public but marvel never really put it on anything.

I did however print out a few of these on some nice glossy paper before i went to wizard world texas last year and got Rob to sign them

It was certainly a promo piece and a poster to support the new Captain America book he did...so I called it a "Comic Image" until I can confirm if it was a cover too...but it is so bad all by itself that it HAS to be in this thread.

Was this *really* a cover? :o

Worst....Comic....Image.....EVER!

livestock~captain.jpg

Cap with implants? (shrug)

cmn29.jpg

(Notice how Black Canary has swiftly hidden it behind her back... but her face can't hide the fact she's off with the fairies).

Storm meanwhile is annoyed Canary is hogging it and looks like she's just about to break her arm... and has actually probably chinned her earlier looking at her lips!

I love Bolland art, but this is hideous!!! Ugh! :frustrated:

Andy

cmn29.jpg

I love Bolland art, but this is hideous!!! Ugh! :frustrated:

Andy

Man that's rough looking...

Thank God he got better...

Joker--