• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst Comic Covers Ever - Let's See 'Em!

721 posts in this topic

:sick:

ASM136Cover.jpg

:baiting:

:screwy: That's one of my all-time favs!

Not for aesthetic reasons I hope, 'cause it may not be the "worst", but it sure ain't pretty.

I always thought it was cool. The Goblin looks great. I like the Peter/Harry dialogue; the betrayal of Peter by his best friend, and Harry seeming to revel in it. On a nice copy of the book, the colors really pop.

Perspective is a little screwy, and the "red thing" they're standing on is kind of stupid, but it's a great cover none-the-less.

I dont think this image was ever really released from what i have read before. The image made it out to the public but marvel never really put it on anything.

I did however print out a few of these on some nice glossy paper before i went to wizard world texas last year and got Rob to sign them

It was certainly a promo piece and a poster to support the new Captain America book he did...so I called it a "Comic Image" until I can confirm if it was a cover too...but it is so bad all by itself that it HAS to be in this thread.

Was this *really* a cover? :o

Worst....Comic....Image.....EVER!

livestock~captain.jpg

Cap with implants? (shrug)

More like Cap with steroid aggravated spinal meningitis

ASM523.jpg

Spidey's got a bun in the oven?

For all those muscles he's got - Spidey looks like he's fabulously prancing about New York City.

I dont think this image was ever really released from what i have read before. The image made it out to the public but marvel never really put it on anything.

I did however print out a few of these on some nice glossy paper before i went to wizard world texas last year and got Rob to sign them

It was certainly a promo piece and a poster to support the new Captain America book he did...so I called it a "Comic Image" until I can confirm if it was a cover too...but it is so bad all by itself that it HAS to be in this thread.

Was this *really* a cover? :o

Worst....Comic....Image.....EVER!

Cap with implants? (shrug)

More like Cap with steroid aggravated spinal meningitis

Does anyone have the link to the more adult version of this? Hilarious!

Another great Bolland cover...

cmn29.jpg

The girls have been caught red-handed smoking a spliff!

(Notice how Black Canary has swiftly hidden it behind her back... but her face can't hide the fact she's off with the fairies).

Storm meanwhile is annoyed Canary is hogging it and looks like she's just about to break her arm... and has actually probably chinned her earlier looking at her lips!

I love Bolland art, but this is hideous!!! Ugh! :frustrated:

Andy

You didn't happen to notice the year did you?

This is very early for Bolland.

Chris

I do think it's humorous that B.C. and S. are going to slice each other

after that hand shake. Political humor?

I am going on record as saying that Bolland drew BC with Jeanette Kahn's face, and that is why she looks the way she does. It was intentional, and it is kind of funny.

Another great Bolland cover...

cmn29.jpg

The girls have been caught red-handed smoking a spliff!

(Notice how Black Canary has swiftly hidden it behind her back... but her face can't hide the fact she's off with the fairies).

Storm meanwhile is annoyed Canary is hogging it and looks like she's just about to break her arm... and has actually probably chinned her earlier looking at her lips!

I love Bolland art, but this is hideous!!! Ugh! :frustrated:

Andy

You didn't happen to notice the year did you?

This is very early for Bolland.

Chris

I do think it's humorous that B.C. and S. are going to slice each other

after that hand shake. Political humor?

I am going on record as saying that Bolland drew BC with Jeanette Kahn's face, and that is why she looks the way she does. It was intentional, and it is kind of funny.

Ok, but who is the dude in the Storm costume? :eek:

Worse comic cover ever has to be Wolverine and Punisher Damaging Evidence Issue 2.

827ef0b8-d3f2-4fbb-bf74-e27fa034fc69.jpg

There's so many bad things going on in that cover - from typography, to Wolvie's bizarre hairdo, to the vomit-inducing color palette - I'd almost have to say that cover might be The Worst Comic Cover Ever.

liefeldbill24xm2.jpg

There's just so many things wrong with this cover that I don't even know where to begin...

Juggy's legs, spidey's butt and all of the feet (that he hasn't purposely hidden coz he can't draw them at all) :sick: