• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst Comic Covers Ever - Let's See 'Em!

721 posts in this topic

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/krighton77/valor1.jpg[/img]]Valor

Not sure what's worse, the ocean of tears, the have to go potty look on the back left, the Campbells Soup kids glassy stare or that i have 10 of them. may have found the comics for Mark Waid to sign at Gem City Con, bet he won't expect these.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/krighton77/valor1.jpg[/img]]Valor

Not sure what's worse, the ocean of tears, the have to go potty look on the back left, the Campbells Soup kids glassy stare or that i have 10 of them. may have found the comics for Mark Waid to sign at Gem City Con, bet he won't expect these.

lol That cover makes me laugh.

This gambit cover to me is the worst cover of all time

gambit.jpg

That is a disgrace to the artform :facepalm: I seriously wish I had never seen it.

That one is really bad. :sick:

When I saw it I just couldn't believe they went with that cover, especially on a #1.

Well, it was only one of five covers and they were printed in equal numbers, so it's fair to say that many people probably haven't even seen it.

Thats really bad. Is that Tim Bradstreet? If so shame on you tim.

What's sad is I know a guy that actually looks just like Gambit on this cover... I mean, DEAD ringer!

How sad, maybe he modeled for the cover :roflmao:

I'm probably going to get ripped by all the Adams fanatics, but this cover really bothers me. Since reacquiring this book from my childhood, I've noticed something that I didn't catch when I was kid. Not that it's a bad concept, but rather an anatomical mistake.

$(KGrHqNHJCUE63(+u2ynBO8jdq1-,g~~60_3.JPG

Can anyone tell me what's going with Joker's left hip? Sorry, I just can't get pass it.

Maybe he sat on the Empire State Building?

I'll help you out - Adams is overrated.

I agree 100000%. I figured I'd be crucified via the intrawebs if I said anything negative about Adams. That broken disfigured Joker hip is mind numbing.

im not a huge adams fan, but i have to disagree with you guys here. i love this cover and it is one of my favorite joker covers all time. i dont really have a reason to like it, i just do. everyone has their preferences, so who am i to say that your wrong

the giant, purple, belt-wearing lizard with the six-shooter on his hip is okay, though, right?

:baiting:

Admittedly I've seen better lizards, but it's still a better lizard than anything Rob Liefeld has drawn.

;)

the giant, purple, belt-wearing lizard with the six-shooter on his hip is okay, though, right?

baiting:

lol if you got laser eyes, why do you need mister saturday night special?

That's for when your opponent is clad in the one material or colour your laser eyes can't penetrate.

;)

I'm probably going to get ripped by all the Adams fanatics, but this cover really bothers me. Since reacquiring this book from my childhood, I've noticed something that I didn't catch when I was kid. Not that it's a bad concept, but rather an anatomical mistake.

$(KGrHqNHJCUE63(+u2ynBO8jdq1-,g~~60_3.JPG

Can anyone tell me what's going with Joker's left hip? Sorry, I just can't get pass it.

Maybe he sat on the Empire State Building?

I'll help you out - Adams is overrated.

I agree 100000%. I figured I'd be crucified via the intrawebs if I said anything negative about Adams. That broken disfigured Joker hip is mind numbing.

im not a huge adams fan, but i have to disagree with you guys here. i love this cover and it is one of my favorite joker covers all time. i dont really have a reason to like it, i just do. everyone has their preferences, so who am i to say that your wrong

Where the bump is could've been the Jokers coat and the leg itself was just straight.

You just don't see the line where the coat and leg meet because of batman's cape.

hm

This gambit cover to me is the worst cover of all time

gambit.jpg

That might be the worst comic book cover I've ever seen. What was the photo reference for that pic? A heroin junkie?

Good guess

keith-gambit.jpg

Jack

[font:Book Antiqua]Bwa hahahaha[/font]

:roflmao:

:signfunny:

I vote this as one of the worst. I've always looked at this and thought WTF?

Possibly the weakest cover of any key book ever.

Couldn't they come up with something better than this POS for the first issue of Spider-Man?

Thing looks like someone took a life sized dump and put a pair of underwear on it.

amazing_spider-man_1@m.jpg

It is a horrible cover.

justice-league-1-geoff-johns-jim-lee-657x1024.jpg

Looks weak,cheap and phony!

(thumbs u

Welcome to the Kevlar Age.

Actually, I think the progression should be the Zinc Age. Zinc is cheaper than copper. And we won't have another "age" after the Zinc one expires in ten years - all comics will be digital by then.

And yes, that comic looks cheap and cheesy. Like someone looked at an Image title 15 years ago and wanted to emulate it.

JIM LEE WAS at IMAGE back then, so.....