• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
12 12

2,656 posts in this topic

On 6/12/2022 at 4:20 AM, kav said:

worse than liefeld

Screenshot 2022-06-10 12.08.27 PM.png

Slim, but you’ve clearly never seen actual old-school wasp waists.

This "Pin-Up" was on the back covers to a UK Marvel "Fantastic" comics.

My God... who did they get to draw these PIn-ups?  Some of the worst anatomy I've ever seen on the Blob (his right arm :roflmao:).  I guess one of his mutant traits is that he only has 3 fingers on his right hand.

IMG_1968.jpeg

Edited by gadzukes

On 8/1/2022 at 4:53 AM, gadzukes said:

My God... who did they get to draw these PIn-ups?  Some of the worst anatomy I've ever seen on the Blob (his right arm :roflmao:).  I guess one of his mutant traits is that he only has 3 fingers on his right hand.

IMG_1968.jpeg

A young Barry Smith was responsible for a lot of them.

On 7/31/2022 at 8:53 PM, gadzukes said:

IMG_1968.jpeg

I drew like this when I was in 9th grade.

On 6/11/2022 at 8:19 PM, kav said:

wut a ripoff

Screenshot 2022-06-10 12.06.19 PM.png

Couldnt they at least of found a actress without an Adam's Apple tho?
May be an image of 1 person and text

On 8/1/2022 at 1:48 PM, SeniorSurfer said:

Did someone mention me?

Wasp.JPG

Exactly. Dangerous old school fashion.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Avengers 145/146

I hate when artists/writers pull this kind of thing...

They set the Assassin up with these drawings.  There's simply no doubt that the Assassin is a man, UNTIL.... IronMan blasts "him" with his repulsers and the costume shreds to reveal..... a woman.  :facepalm:

Come on.... Are these the Avengers or the Scooby Doo Squad?

IMG_2857.jpeg

IMG_2858.jpeg

Edited by gadzukes

On 9/9/2022 at 9:10 PM, sfcityduck said:

Looks almost like Syd was tracing Kirby. Kirby had bad leg problems back then.

GCD previously credited the cover to Syd Shores, but following a discussion on the Timely-Atlas Facebook group they're now suggesting Mort Lawrence for the penciller, with inker unknown.

On 9/10/2022 at 11:57 AM, Chaykin Stevens said:

GCD previously credited the cover to Syd Shores, but following a discussion on the Timely-Atlas Facebook group they're now suggesting Mort Lawrence for the penciller, with inker unknown.

Whoever it was I'm sure influenced Steranko.

On 9/9/2022 at 11:42 AM, gadzukes said:

There's simply no doubt that the Assassin is a man, UNTIL.... IronMan blasts "him" with his repulsers and the costume shreds to reveal..... a woman.  :facepalm:

Exactly... I guess the Assassin was talking in a deep male voice until she was revealed, where afterwards she then spoke in a feminine voice.... At least that's the way I read it the first time :) 

Interesting the way the costume suddenly becomes figure-hugging, and she looks a lot lighter.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 9/9/2022 at 9:42 AM, gadzukes said:

Avengers 145/146

I hate when artists/writers pull this kind of thing...

They set the Assassin up with these drawings.  There's simply no doubt that the Assassin is a man, UNTIL.... IronMan blasts "him" with his repulsers and the costume shreds to reveal..... a woman.  :facepalm:

Come on.... Are these the Avengers or the Scooby Doo Squad?

IMG_2857.jpeg

IMG_2858.jpeg

Not only that, but can you imagine what her voice sounded like?   Edit: Oops! sorry ArcherC. I don't know how I missed your comment.:tonofbricks:

Edited by mysterymachine

On 9/10/2022 at 7:32 PM, ArcherC said:

Exactly... I guess the Assassin was talking in a deep male voice until she was revealed, where afterwards she then spoke in a feminine voice.... At least that's the way I read it the first time :) 

Before the repulser rays.... not a hint of boobies or small waist.  After the repulser ray.... you simply can't hide the boobies or small waist any more in any of the panels.