• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
12 12

2,656 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, kav said:

As written he was almost as strong as stupidboy and El-Mon so-

40 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

As written he could take on the Hulk.

30th Century space karate, possibly also incorporating Kryptonian techniques used by his 20th Century predecessor, Clark Kent, mild-mannered Master of Kung Fu.

11 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

What kinda cockamamie I-beam snaps in two when you hit it?! 

McDojos have been known to heat treat bricks and use balsa wood so maybe he went to a McDojo, brought his own props.
Legion: dont let applicants use their own props.  Like if someone says their power is telepathy and they bring a friend to demonstrate and they tell the friend "You are thinking abt a cheese sandwich"
"OMG yes!!"

19 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Maybe it’s a bone claw. A bone claw can cut thru anything.

When i saw that stupid bone claw in one a them Wolervine movies I was like wtf you gotta be ******* me!  Dont movie writers even do some minimal research?  Claws are all over the animal kingdom and none of them are bone for **** sake!!  :pullhair:
Colossal Claws

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

Another Legion of Superheroes audition.

The "Tusker"!   He is obviously where Marvel got the idea for Wolverine's retractable claws.

So..... when the Tusker retracts his tusks.... where do they go in his skull?

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

Possibly the worst Super Power ever:roflmao:

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Another Legion of Superheroes audition.

The "Tusker"!   He is obviously where Marvel got the idea for Wolverine's retractable claws.

So..... when the Tusker retracts his tusks.... where do they go in his skull?

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

That issue and the one before it also introduced the Polecat who could emit super-stench and the Mess who could attract dirt. There were other goofy Legion applicants as well and I think it was intentional. Years later, a flashback story introduced Arm-Fall-Off Boy.

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

The "Tusker"!   He is obviously where Marvel got the idea for Wolverine's retractable claws

Hard to believe that Hulk 181 won this contest.

2 minutes ago, thecollectron said:

That issue and the one before it also introduced the Polecat who could emit super-stench and the Mess who could attract dirt. There were other goofy Legion applicants as well and I think it was intentional. Years later, a flashback story introduced Arm-Fall-Off Boy.

I did a legion parody-wish I could find it online to post-one of the applicants was 'super lad'  he went on to show that he could turn his right hand invisible and that the effect lasted one hour.  He explained he was from the planet Blabbab and that everyone on his world had this unique ability.
Legion leader Val-Keen erupted-"NOT ANOTHER BLABBABIAN!!!  I'VE HAD IT UP TO HERE WITH DISAPPEARING RIGHT HANDS!!  GET OUT!"

11 minutes ago, thecollectron said:

That issue and the one before it also introduced the Polecat who could emit super-stench

No doubt a 30th century comic convention fanboy in their spare time, sharing a problem often discussed here. That would be their origin story. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

4 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

30th Century space karate, possibly also incorporating Kryptonian techniques used by his 20th Century predecessor, Clark Kent, mild-mannered Master of Kung Fu.

Kal-El was actually a master of Klurkor, Kryptonian self-defense.

In that audition story, after Karate Kid snapped the steel beam he challenged Superboy to a fight. He didn’t win but Superboy and the LSH were pretty impressed by his effort anyway.

8 minutes ago, kav said:

I did a legion parody-wish I could find it online to post-one of the applicants was 'super lad'  he went on to show that he could turn his right hand invisible and that the effect lasted one hour.  He explained he was from the planet Blabbab and that everyone on his world had this unique ability.
Legion leader Val-Keen erupted-"NOT ANOTHER BLABBABIAN!!!  I'VE HAD IT UP TO HERE WITH DISAPPEARING RIGHT HANDS!!  GET OUT!"

I hope you find it and post it.

I remember Jim Valentino’s Normalman comic did a parody of the LSH roll call that went on and on and on.

3 minutes ago, thecollectron said:

I remember Jim Valentino’s Normalman comic did a parody of the LSH roll call that went on and on and on.

I did a yummy fur parody that I can still find if youre interested.

9 minutes ago, thecollectron said:

Ok I found it but ya gotta log into scribd to view:
https://www.scribd.com/doc/128916786/Legion-of-Super-Powers

Why is everything so difficult??  First Corona virus now this.

5 minutes ago, thecollectron said:

I read the first page and it looks like you captured the Silver Age LSH flavor but I guess I have to join scribd to read the rest. Thanks for posting the link though!

" I am color wizard-i can change anything blue to green just by adding yellow."