• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
12 12

2,656 posts in this topic

Just now, porcupine48 said:

He also looks like he's ready to rip a narster of the arser-I think he's trying to push one out.

At least he can use the cloak if it all goes wrong. You wouldn't want to be touching cloth in that outfit.

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I ran across this cover today.

:facepalm:

Are those Hub-Caps on the front of his outfit?  And it's quite the anatomy lesson.  And quite the lesson in shading.

The only redeeming thing for me is the artist remembered to put the "T" on Thor's belt.

1.jpg

Even his knobs have knobs

200.gif

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

At least he can use the cloak if it all goes wrong. You wouldn't want to be touching cloth in that outfit.

Next stop shartville station.The darkest of the tubeways

Edited by porcupine48

4 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

They'll have to watch they don't run over his cloak though. It looks about 30 feet long.

Cloak?  When did we stop calling them Capes?

Does it being 30' long qualify it as being a cloak.

Edited by gadzukes

5 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Cloak?  When did we stop calling them Capes?

Does it being 30' long qualify it as being a cloak.

More a carpet I'd say. 

This is THE most ridiculous comic panel of ALL time-it even out ridiculouses stupidman blowing out a star-in The Ultimates Hawkeye somehow rips his fingernails loose and flicks one into bad guy's throat-KILLING HIM.  The threat of also flicking one in other bad guy's throat makes him GIVE UP.  Because he cant, you know, CLOSE HIS MOUTH OR ANYTHING.  Also, even if someone fully inhaled a FINGERNAIL, this would not KILL THEM.
So utterly, massively STUPID.  If this was a JIMMY OLSEN comic the editors would have said "nah", but it was in the very realistic ULTIMATES.   Not to mention HOW do you rip your fingernails off when both hands are tied down to a chair????  HOW
W------------T-------------H

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 11.30.10 PM.png

Edited by kav

8 hours ago, kav said:

This is THE most ridiculous comic panel of ALL time-it even out ridiculouses stupidman blowing out a star-in The Ultimates Hawkeye somehow rips his fingernails loose and flicks one into bad guy's throat-KILLING HIM.  The threat of also flicking one in other bad guy's throat makes him GIVE UP.  Because he cant, you know, CLOSE HIS MOUTH OR ANYTHING.  Also, even if someone fully inhaled a FINGERNAIL, this would not KILL THEM.
So utterly, massively STUPID.  If this was a JIMMY OLSEN comic the editors would have said "nah", but it was in the very realistic ULTIMATES.   Not to mention HOW do you rip your fingernails off when both hands are tied down to a chair????  HOW
W------------T-------------H

Oh man this one is bad.

To add to this mess of a sequence, the art itself doesn't really show what happened.  If the word balloon about the fingernails wasn't there, I wouldn't have a clue what had happened.

And even if he knocks out the bad guys with his fingernails, he's still stuck in the chair.

I suppose when the bad guys wake up (and are pissed off), he can start spitting his teeth at them and say, "Shouldn't have left my teeth in, dummies"

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Oh man this one is bad.

To add to this mess of a sequence, the art itself doesn't really show what happened.  If the word balloon about the fingernails wasn't there, I wouldn't have a clue what had happened.

And even if he knocks out the bad guys with his fingernails, he's still stuck in the chair.

I suppose when the bad guys wake up (and are pissed off), he can start spitting his teeth at them and say, "Shouldn't have left my teeth in, dummies"

why not throw fingers?  a foot?

Then he goes on to shoot his bow like normal.  Anyone who has ever ripped a nail off knows how ridiculous this is.  One of the most famous tortures is bamboo shoots up the fingernail.  Thats a cakewalk compared to fully ripped off nail, which takes about 6 months to grow back.  I call BS.

3 hours ago, kav said:

Then he goes on to shoot his bow like normal.  Anyone who has ever ripped a nail off knows how ridiculous this is.  One of the most famous tortures is bamboo shoots up the fingernail.  Thats a cakewalk compared to fully ripped off nail, which takes about 6 months to grow back.  I call BS.

I was going to ask..... What happens next?  Does he escape?

9 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I was going to ask..... What happens next?  Does he escape?

Its so utterly dum.  He's tied up.  He threatens the dude with his fingernail and dude surrenders and unties him.  The goofiest Jimmy Olsen story of all time could not compare to this carp.  Mark Millar wtf?????????????????  Editors wtf??????????????  Artist wtf??????????  why didnt you say wtf Mark????
SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING.

In Ultimate #2, Hawkeye finds himself captured in an unknown location. A group of men surrounds him, including captain Dragomir Branislav, who was given a nasty scar by Hawkeye during one of his missions in Croatia. Seeking revenge, Branislav was given permission to "play" with Hawkeye before the group executed him on live television. The bad guys continues to taunt Hawkeye, but suddenly Branislav and his men start to grab their necks in pain. The panel pans down to Hawkeye's hand, where it's revealed he's detaching his fingernails and using them as projectiles. He threatens the last scientist standing: "Now be smart and get me outta here or this last one goes right between your eyeballs."

-Screenrant.com

-Because we all know a fingernail flicked between eyeballs is instant death.

Besides being ridiculous, that sounds more like an ability that Bullseye would have rather than Hawkeye. But, I suppose if you’re an archer at his level there might be a transferable skill.

Edited by Ken Aldred

17 hours ago, kav said:

Its so utterly dum.  He's tied up.  He threatens the dude with his fingernail and dude surrenders and unties him.  The goofiest Jimmy Olsen story of all time could not compare to this carp.  Mark Millar wtf?????????????????  Editors wtf??????????????  Artist wtf??????????  why didnt you say wtf Mark????
SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING.

How do you really feel, Kav?