• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's GREEN LANTERN show (2021?)
3 3

127 posts in this topic

On 9/3/2024 at 3:38 PM, eastriver400 said:

Thanos? Didn't see that one coming.  Meh. 

Thanos, Cable, Jonah Hex, Agent K (Men In Black), Dwight (Sin City).

r/Marvel - Josh Brolin's Comic Book Roles

Can we expand our imagination to another actor in this role?

On 9/3/2024 at 5:53 PM, eastriver400 said:

I was hoping for someone younger.  in 10 years Brolin will be 67 years old.  

Does seem a bit odd to go with someone that old unless it is a "one and done" type thing and he isn't heard from again.

On 9/3/2024 at 8:51 PM, Bosco685 said:

Hollywood is not what it used to be.

A-Listers making Blockbuster movies with $50MIL paychecks are now looking for work in anything they can find a role in. 

Superhero movies are as blue chip as you can get these days, so these A-Listers are looking to get into superhero shows. 

Superhero shows, even though as blue chip as you can get, are struggling and they're looking to prop themselves up by hiring blue chip, A-List actors. 

It really is a sign of struggle to me. The Hollywood brand is in it's slow descent as movie theaters continue to stay empty and streaming is still trying to find it's way to make movies profitable.

On 9/10/2024 at 3:43 PM, eastriver400 said:

This means one thing. There is still hope for Robert Downey Jr.   Rumor has it he can play anyone. 

He's tied with Chris Evans. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 9/11/2024 at 1:47 PM, Dr Zen said:

Chris Pine.

But I would be ok with any of them, including Josh Brolin.

Timothy Olyphant is a little less well known than the other two, who have been superstars in various roles but he's shown himself to be very versatile in various roles over the years. 

I'd really prefer an underdog to make it their own, than for some big superstar to just make Hal Jorden sound like a jedi or Kirk. 

But that's just my 2 cents. 

On 9/11/2024 at 8:57 PM, thegiftedone45 said:

Why are they pushing a older Hal Jordan? A early 30s guy would make more sense unless they're going older Justice League.

I do not believe this series was ever meant to be Hal Jordan focused, he is going to die/recalled to OA or otherwise pass the torch halfway through and John Stewart will be the Green Lantern in a "coming into his powers and responsibility" story.

On 9/12/2024 at 9:39 AM, eastriver400 said:

I get it. But for many fans John Stewart IS GL. 

I question that. It is only recently that John Stewart rose to prominence. If you go back a bit, Guy Gardner was the one DC was pushing in the 80s to mid 90s. In the mid 90s and 00s it was Kyle Rayner. Those other Lanterns, including John, were always backups to Hal Jordan though. 

I can understand why they want to focus on John Stewart, but I think it will be a mistake. To anyone that is not a comic book fan, it was already established, for better and/or for worse, by Ryan Reynolds that Hal Jordan is GL.

Ever since Justice League (Animated) and Justice League Unlimited, for a huge part of the public John Stewart is Green Lantern.  Even on the cartoon I was never a big fan of his, but I totally get why those shows shifted the public face of GL from Hal to John.  It is what it is.

On 9/12/2024 at 12:14 PM, kimik said:

80s to mid 90s. In the mid 90s and 00s it was Kyle Rayner.

That was 30-40 years ago, now. Further than we were from the SA in the 80's. Like, twice as long ago. 

On 9/12/2024 at 12:14 PM, kimik said:

I can understand why they want to focus on John Stewart, but I think it will be a mistake. To anyone that is not a comic book fan, it was already established, for better and/or for worse, by Ryan Reynolds that Hal Jordan is GL.

Don't discount that the Social Credit System (ESG system) among corporations is still in effect, and DC scores higher with a non-white actor GL. This is not something that should be discounted. They're formulating entertainment to sell toys and to target certain demographics.

Social media has fractured people's cognitive abilities and people care less about continuity now than they did 40 years ago. As long as it tickles their current fancy, they don't care what was established 40 years ago. 

Immediate gratification is the new normal.

Edited by VintageComics