• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

110k over guide seems disappointing to me with a Tec 27 if the bidding stopped here. 

Do we have any reason to think there won't be live bidders? I've been assuming that the live auction will generate some interest, though maybe that's an incorrect assumption given the times.

9 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

Do we have any reason to think there won't be live bidders? I've been assuming that the live auction will generate some interest, though maybe that's an incorrect assumption given the times.

No reason to assume but yes msybe in this climate there won’t be live bidders 

2 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

So, my reasoning for there being more bids: I think I remember there being live bidders in the previous Event Auctions since the Pandemic started, and for an item like this I've just been assuming that more people will show up at the end.

27 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

So, my reasoning for there being more bids: I think I remember there being live bidders in the previous Event Auctions since the Pandemic started, and for an item like this I've just been assuming that more people will show up at the end.

Right. For a mil plus you’d think someone would be there or be sent. 

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:
2 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

It would indeed be rather strange and abnormal for there not to be abids coming in either live or over the telephone at the end.  O.o

Especially since this is the usually point at which many books are run up when it comes to auction sites like HA and CC.  (thumbsu

Furthermore, during this current pandemic related climate, there sure seems to be a ton of record prices being paid for books nowadays, as it would appear that some people are making a whole ton of money with pretty much not too many other places to spend it like they have before.  hm (shrug)  :takeit:

3 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

You're right--I was looking in the wrong column.

Still the wrong column.

As I wrote a few pages back: "6.0 = $613,500, 7.0 = $988,750 , 8.0 = $1,364,000 Remember, 6.5 is the dividing line for Detective 27. There are more universal 6.5s than any other grade in the census (6). There are only 7 copies graded 7.0 or higher (compared to 5 copies of Action 1 in 7.0 or higher). Honestly, the expectation for a 7.0 is that is should go for a stronger multiple than the 6.0 because of the rarity in grade. "

5 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

110k over guide seems disappointing to me with a Tec 27 if the bidding stopped here. 

if the bidding remains lukewarm all the way to the end, will you hit the bottle ? counseling ?  :baiting:

Edited by Gotham Kid

Guide has gone up so much on the big keys that it lists retail prices now.  So selling at multiples of guide condition, or OVER guide is difficult 

And huge books like this with barely a handful of bidders often do just go limp in the live auction if they have for whatever reason already shot their wad on early bidding. Each increment now is painful and risky.  No bargains left. But we shall see. 

Edited by Aman619

36 minutes ago, zen514 said:

PSA  just sent me this email that you can buy fractional shares of Cards!!

T206 Wagner and 52 topps Mantle Psa 8+  anyone...

Or shall i say Ac1 Tec 27 MC1 Af15  Bats 1, etc

https://collectable.com/?utm_source=partners&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=psa

What if i already had a T206 and tec 27 :whistle:

1 hour ago, zen514 said:

PSA  just sent me this email that you can buy fractional shares of Cards!!

T206 Wagner and 52 topps Mantle Psa 8+  anyone...

Or shall i say Ac1 Tec 27 MC1 Af15  Bats 1, etc

https://collectable.com/?utm_source=partners&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=psa

wow...things to come...speculating a set up.....I hope  GA comics do not turn into fractional shares of stock...

Edited by Mmehdy